• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Help! Need Recipes for Large Crowd

since it was my 2nd show, I didn't have much of an audience to learn from.I would have demoed the Mini Ham Puffs and the Turtle Fudge Cake.
brendaivette
Help!!! Need recipes..................Host has 60-70 invites..........I'm assuming 30-40 will show up........................any suggestions.................:confused:

brendaivette said:
Help!!! Need recipes..................Host has 60-70 invites..........I'm assuming 30-40 will show up........................any suggestions.................:confused:
Don't get carried away. Wait to see after she calls everyone to check. I have had 50 invites out with 5 people able to attend. Hope you get 40 people there but don't do more work because of it. Have her get salsa and chips and display them and do 2 recipes max.

exactly what I was thinking, demo something in the mini muffin pan(x2) and have new products out, kinda like half a show & half an open house

Tell the host that you are more than willing to help pass along some recipes if she wants to make extras. Even with that many people, you are NOT a caterer! I would make an extra of whatever recipe you demo, so you have double the amount of samples.

If that many are really supposed to show up, you may want to consider taking another adult with you to help total orders. Then, the folks you don't get to personally speak to during order taking, make sure you follow up with a phone call to ask about the opportunity, booking, and see if they have any other questions!

Don't plan the recipe until you know what her RSVPs look like. I had a host one time send out 119 e-vites. 20 people showed up. She got a lot of outside orders though and it was a great show $1800!

pamperedlinda said:
Don't plan the recipe until you know what her RSVPs look like. I had a host one time send out 119 e-vites. 20 people showed up. She got a lot of outside orders though and it was a great show $1800!
Nice!:love: :chef: :D :)

Let the host know that you only demo one recipe. Anything more would take too long and the guests may not be too happy that they are there (everyone has somewhere else to be).

Let her make (or buy) any additional food that she wants and have it ready to go.

I did a show with 42 and made a ring at the show. I made one ahead of time and did one for the demo. They went into the oven at the same time and it was plenty for everyone to "sample".

This would be a great opportunity to take a new recruit or someone to help you out, too.

It was a $2400 show -- good luck!!

Another great recipe to demo for a large crown is the Mandarin Pasta Salad. You can easily add more pasta and spinach to make it grow.

Lisa

I agree with everyone else, you are there to let them sample a recipe, not feast on it. Any trifle recipe will work or the one pot pasta. Wait until the host knows how many people she will have and then talk about the recipe options. If she wants to provide food or make a PC recipe herself, she's more than welcome to.

The Greek Cheese Torta feeds a lot too - you can make extra bread.Someone mentioned the salsa idea...bring your salad choppers if you have them and have the guests make that - that can be done fairly reasonably.

With that many (if any show...had 2 hosts invite about 50...1st show had 3 guests, 2nd had 5) you could do a "Battle of the Recipes". Divide guests into 2 groups & have them each prepare a recipe. Or set up stations with potatoes...peelers, UM, etc. for guest to try out tools.

these are wonderful ideas, I am going to wait till monday or so to plan the recipes, but will do some in the mini muffin pan, bite size

Yeah, I would wait to hear from the host. Really host coach her to have her follow up with everyone she invited. I have done shows where 70+ were invited and less than 10 showed or where I sent out 15 invites and 23 showed. You just really never know.

Good luck and keep us posted!!

UPDATE!!!

19 people showed, closing the show tomorrow, still have between 4-5 orders to collect and the show is at $804.02 in comm. sales

YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Great job! What did you demo?

The Mini Ham Puffs and the Turtle Fudge cake, but I had one of the guests do the demo, while I explained, it was really a ladies get together, they were all talking and enjoying themselves, and I did not interrupt after the demo was finished..................

YOU GO Brenda!!! See, all you needed was a little time away and look at your success take off!! You go girl!!:D

I had a show once with 30 people. It was my second show, so my ideas were good... but my follow through still needed work!!
With that many invites, most likely the host knows PC products and recipes. My host offered to make a few PC recipes ahead of time, so they were already made. She has a pizza out on a stone, a few things on simple additions pieces. I made the jerk chicken nachos and just let people look through things. It was more of a "look at the products" than a typical show. I wish I could go back now and do it again... knowing what I know now!

1. How many servings do your recipes for large crowds typically make?

Our recipes for large crowds are designed to serve about 10-12 people. However, this can vary depending on the recipe and the size of your serving portions.

2. Do you have any recipes that are specifically for dietary restrictions or allergies?

Yes, we have a variety of recipes that cater to different dietary restrictions and allergies. You can find these recipes on our website under the "Special Diets" section.

3. Can your recipes for large crowds be easily doubled or tripled?

Yes, most of our recipes for large crowds can be easily doubled or tripled. We recommend using our "Recipe Converter" tool on our website to determine the exact measurements for larger serving sizes.

4. Are your recipes for large crowds budget-friendly?

Yes, we understand that feeding a large crowd can be expensive. Our recipes for large crowds are designed to be budget-friendly and use affordable ingredients without sacrificing flavor or quality.

5. Do you have any make-ahead recipes for large crowds?

Yes, we have a variety of make-ahead recipes that are perfect for serving large crowds. These recipes can be prepared in advance and stored in the refrigerator or freezer until you are ready to serve. You can find these recipes under the "Make-Ahead" section on our website.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• deniseyanes
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Wildfire
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • LeanneB.
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies