• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Director Help! Need Recipe Ideas for Garlic Festival Demo

In summary, Anne was asked to do a demo at a garlic festival, but she can't think of a recipe to make. She found a recipe online that she thinks is a good one, but she needs to find the recipe first.
annew
I was asked to do a demo @ a garlic festival that i'm doing a booth at this Saturday....but I can't think of a recipe to make.....

I sent an email to see if i can bring my microwave & was thinking about the white chicken chili....but i've never made it....is it a good one?

or should i do something easier??

tia!

Anne.. if you have a microwave, just a thought on this off the top of my head: make roasted garlic in the classic batter bowl in the microwave... it's awesome and shows how to make it in under 10 mins vs. the 45 in the oven. If you have a burner, you could do garlic chips... slice the garlic in the Garlic Slicer and then brown in some oil in the 8" saute pan.Give me a little while to find the recipe with the roasted garlic. :)

Found it! I'm attaching it here... the first part of the recipe shows how to roast the garlic in the microwave.

I like the idea of the chili but I would show them what they can DO with the garlic and how we have the tools.

When I talk about garlic at my shows, here is what I share:

1. Jarred garlic is expensive and has a short shelf life. Fresh is better not only for the health benefits but it also keeps the vampires away! ;)

2. There are a few ways to do your garlic:
- If you're not cooking it, like when making bruschetta, grate it so it's smoother using the Microplane. That way no one gets the big hunk of garlic. When that happens, two people suffer... the person with the hunk of garlic and the person they are talking to. (I sell a lot of Microplanes with that line... plus people see this on the food network and the Microplane has more uses than the garlic press and is more expensive.)
- To get the max garlic flavor in cooking, press it with the Garlic Press. It gets out the flesh AND the juice.
- For milder flavor, use the garlic slicer.

Hope that helps a little! Good luck!!!

Attachments

• Microwave White Chicken Chili.doc
    67.5 KB · Views: 239
Is this the one in Saugerties?

no it's not I've always wanted to do that 1 but Yvette Yoemans does that 1 I think.
This 1 is near my house in Oneonta

What types of recipes should I use for a Garlic Festival demo?

For a Garlic Festival demo, it's best to stick with recipes that prominently feature garlic as the main ingredient. Some popular options include garlic bread, garlic chicken, garlic shrimp, garlic roasted vegetables, and garlic hummus. You can also get creative and incorporate garlic into dips, sauces, and even desserts.

Do you have any vegetarian or vegan recipe suggestions for a Garlic Festival demo?

Yes, there are plenty of delicious vegetarian and vegan options that will showcase the versatility of garlic. Some ideas include roasted garlic and white bean dip, garlic and herb quinoa salad, garlic and vegetable stir fry, and garlic cauliflower mash. You can also adapt many traditional garlic recipes by substituting in plant-based ingredients.

Can I use pre-made or store-bought ingredients in my Garlic Festival demo recipes?

Yes, you can certainly use pre-made or store-bought ingredients in your Garlic Festival demo recipes. However, it's always a good idea to highlight the freshness and quality of the ingredients you are using. You can do this by mentioning specific brands or local sources, and explaining how they enhance the flavor of the dish.

Are there any allergy-friendly options for a Garlic Festival demo?

Yes, there are plenty of allergy-friendly options for a Garlic Festival demo. You can easily make gluten-free recipes by using gluten-free bread, pasta, or alternative flours. For dairy-free options, you can use plant-based milk, cheese, or yogurt. And for nut allergies, simply omit any nuts in the recipes or provide alternatives, such as seeds or dried fruit.

Can I share the recipes with customers after the Garlic Festival demo?

Yes, you can absolutely share the recipes with customers after the Garlic Festival demo. In fact, it's a great way to continue promoting the Pampered Chef products used in the demo. You can provide printed copies, share them on social media, or include them in a follow-up email to attendees. Just make sure to give credit to any sources or inspiration for the recipes.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• finley1991
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
pamperedbecky
  • finley1991
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • Sheila