• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Help Me Decide: How Many Mini Loaves Can I Make from a 9x5 Recipe?

In summary, the recipe calls for a 9x5 pan, so if the recipe calls for a 4-loaf pan, you would fill it about three-quarters of the way with batter.
ChefBeckyD
Gold Member
I'm having a brain fart - I'm making Lemon Blueberry Bread, and Banana Bread today, and can't think of how many small loaves I can get from a recipe.

If the recipe calls for a 9x5 pan, do I do 4 loaves in the mini loaf pan, or only 2?

Gheesh - I've done this a million times - why am I stuck?:grumpy:
Any help is greatly appreciated!:eek:

Not familiar with the recipes, but you usually fill the loaf pans ABOUT half full (sometimes a tad more) so you can start pouring and see where you end up! :)

About 4. I say that because until I remember not to fill them as high, I get 3 1/2 mini loaves from one beer bread mix, which makes a standard loaf.

chefann said:
About 4. I say that because until I remember not to fill them as high, I get 3 1/2 mini loaves from one beer bread mix, which makes a standard loaf.

Thanks Ann!

Becky is asking for recipe help???

That was my reaction, too, when I saw her name on the thread. :D

HEY HEY NOW!

I'm not perfect, just pampered! :chef:

DebbieJ said:
Becky is asking for recipe help???

I wondered too and had to read it just for that! :p

Hmmmm, maybe I should post my cooking failures more often...

This weekend, I am attempting a Mystery Machine Birthday cake for my 4 yr olds party - he has suddenly developed an obsession with Scooby Doo, and wants a Scooby Doo B-day cake.

I'm HORRIBLE at decorating cakes. I look with cake-envy at the thread with all of the beautiful cakes on it....and I finally found a cake I think I can
manage.

Scooby & Mystery Machine Cake Decorating Instructions

So - I'll post the outcome when it's all done!

OH, my 4 year old has the same Scooby obsession! I swear we've seen every Scooby movie out there....(& own lots too). My older daughter went through this phase too; but it didn't last as long.

lacychef said:
OH, my 4 year old has the same Scooby obsession! I swear we've seen every Scooby movie out there....(& own lots too). My older daughter went through this phase too; but it didn't last as long.

We are watching a Scooby dvd right now.....last night he sang himself to sleep alternating between the Scooby theme song, and his favorite Praise song right now

So it went something like this:

"Watch out Scooby Doo, we're coming after you, we're gonna solve that mystery......Oh No! You'll never let go, You'll never let go of me...."

1. How many mini loaves can I make from a 9x5 recipe?

The number of mini loaves you can make from a 9x5 recipe will depend on the size of your mini loaf pan. As a general rule, a 9x5 recipe will make 3-4 mini loaves in a standard mini loaf pan. However, if you are using a smaller or larger mini loaf pan, the number of loaves may vary.

2. Can I use a regular loaf pan to make mini loaves?

Yes, you can use a regular loaf pan to make mini loaves. Simply divide the batter evenly between the mini loaf pan's cavities and adjust the cooking time accordingly. Keep in mind that the number of mini loaves you can make may vary depending on the size of the pan.

3. How do I adjust the cooking time for mini loaves?

The cooking time for mini loaves will be shorter than the cooking time for a regular loaf. To adjust the cooking time, start by reducing the time by 10-15 minutes. Check the mini loaves with a toothpick or cake tester to see if they are done. If they are not fully cooked, continue baking and check again every 5-10 minutes until they are done.

4. Can I use a different recipe for mini loaves than the one for a regular loaf?

Yes, you can use a different recipe for mini loaves than the one for a regular loaf. Just keep in mind that the cooking time and number of mini loaves may vary depending on the recipe and pan size. It is always best to check the mini loaves for doneness using a toothpick or cake tester.

5. Do I need to adjust the oven temperature for mini loaves?

In most cases, you do not need to adjust the oven temperature for mini loaves. However, if you are using a different recipe or pan size, it is always best to check the baking instructions and make any necessary adjustments. Keep in mind that mini loaves may cook faster than a regular loaf, so it is important to keep an eye on them while they are in the oven.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• smilesarepriceless
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
Amanda Goode
  • MaryannNic
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
rlombas
  • DebPC