• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Help! How to Book Jan Ideas Needed

In summary, the host special is a great way to help everyone have a strong start to 2008. Just think, hosts can earn $50, $75, or $100 MORE in free products! The second thing you can do to help increase sales is to have your Consultants coach at least $500 in sales.
Teresa Lynn
Gold Member
Our meeting is tomorrow night and they want me to present ideas on how to book a strong January.
I usually have 3-5 bookings per show because of my index card ? i sprinkle thru my demo (which I presented at the meeting in Sept,) and just get them to date my calendar at my show. I really don't do anything different to encourage bookings.
Anyone have some clever ideas I can borrow??
Teresa

What is the index card you are referring to. I am really struggling for bookings right now and am looking for ideas to use...

Try This:Dear Directors,

WAHOO! Our January Host Special is the perfect way to help everyone have a strong start to 2008. Just think, hosts can earn $50, $75, or $100 MORE in free products!

As a leader, you need to teach your Cluster how to book those January Shows, and then to help every host reach the $500 level so they can receive those additional free products.

Here are some things you can share with your team:

First, book more January Shows. Share these word choices with your Consultants, and brainstorm others as a team:

• "Think about all The Pampered Chef products you’d love to have in your home. Do you think they’d add up to $140 or more? You could earn that, or more, for free when you host a January Show, because we’ve upped the Free Product Value just for January hosts."

• "Have you ever noticed that people love to shop the January sales? The Pampered Chef has some great savings for customers in January, and for hosts, it’s simply amazing! And you can earn an extra $50, $75, or $100 in free products — imagine treating yourself to that Salad & Berry Spinner, our Stainless Mixing Bowls, or our Stainless 10" Saute Pan absolutely free, on top of everything else you receive as a host."

• "It’s no secret … at The Pampered Chef, January is always when we’re especially generous to our hosts. And this year it’s truly over the top — you’ll earn your usual Free Product Value, plus an extra $50, $75, or $100 in free products of your choice."

And teach them to add: "I have host packets here labeled with my best available dates, so feel free to find a date that you’d like to get together with your friends."

Second, host coach to at least $500 in sales. Teach your Consultants that they can impact Show sales with some simple host coaching steps:

• Set the goal together. "I want you to be thrilled with what you save as a host! A $500 Show will earn you $140 in free products that you get to choose. Should we aim for that, or would you like to get even more for free? I’ll help you reach whatever number you’re excited about."

• Break down the goal into simple steps. "A $500 Show usually means around 12 orders. (Adjust this based on the average guest order in your Cluster.) Some of these will be from people at the Show, and some will be from outside orders. Who have you already planned to invite? Let’s try to put a name on every line of your Cooking Show Planning Guide – including friends & family from out of town who can place an outside order."

• Do your part to boost attendance and sales. "After you’ve invited people, I’ll let them know about the specials they can take advantage of at your Show. I can e-mail them with the Stoneware 20% savings, and a picture of the Heart Dish that’s only $10 – what a great gift for any occasion! People really appreciate knowing about the specials, especially because they may want to share them with someone you don’t even know."

The great benefit of teaching your Consultants to maximize their January Shows is that they’ll be able to use those same things with hosts all year long! So here’s my advice: Help everyone on your team to take full advantage of January, and you’ll be celebrating the results throughout 2008!

Best wishes for great success,

Jean Jonas
Senior Vice President, Sales

Carolyn, it is post #7 in the 5 questions for bookings thread

Kristi, thanks!
Anyone else have ideas too??

Teresa Lynn said:
Carolyn, it is post #7 in the 5 questions for bookings thread

Kristi, thanks!
Anyone else have ideas too??

I can't find that thread. Can you post a link?

Hey Teresa, you could tell them to promote a "January White Sale" andhave the hosts get a 10% discount on on all white products in the catalog. This is actually more difficult to do now that we have changed alot of our products to black, but it would save them money in the long run!

Probably won't help much in Texas - but here in Michigan, January is the month I do "Soups On" shows....and I promote them by talking about Cabin Fever, and the "after-holidays blues"....and people just waiting for a reason to get out of the house! What's better than an invitation for some comfort food and shopping therapy, while getting together w/ friends?! This January I will be offering Smashed Potato Soup, and the Quick Turkey Chili made in the DCB.....both are low fat, lower calorie, and ready in less than 30 minutes! I'm offering mini corn muffins, or garlic pull-aparts to go with them. right now, I have 4 January Shows.

I have been so busy with shows, kids, decorating for Christmas that I thought it was tomorrow it's next week so keep those ideas coming!!

Hey Becky, is the Smashed Potato Soup a PC recipe?

If not, will you share? That sounds like a great idea I would go for.

Chef Endora said:
Hey Becky, is the Smashed Potato Soup a PC recipe?

If not, will you share? That sounds like a great idea I would go for.

Here you go!

It's in the "It's Good For You" cookbook ~ I love this recipe!

Attachments

• Smashed Potato Soup.doc
    69 KB · Views: 254
a consultant friend of mine does Soup and Slipper shows. The guests wear their favorite slippers (for us Okies that would be house shoes) and they vote on them...ugliest, most creative, etc...It sounds like a fun show.

I am having a good success just showing the stoneware and then putting extra cash inside of the deep dish baker and when i say the special at the shows i open it up and say if you hosted a jan. show you could this for 60% off which makes it only 26.00 and then i open it up and have 50.00 in there sitting of course play money but i say pampered chef is wanting to bring in the new year with pampering our hostess and when your show reaches 500.00 in sales you get an additional 50 dollars to spend so that would be 1 piece at 60% off and 140.00 of free shopping with the 1/2 price and i then i say oh did i mention that your guests as well as you could get all the stoneware you want at 20% off...It must be going well cause i have 8 shows for Jan. booked already and 1 catalog show just thought i would give ya some ideas that are working for me.

chefdoughty said:
I am having a good success just showing the stoneware and then putting extra cash inside of the deep dish baker and when i say the special at the shows i open it up and say if you hosted a jan. show you could this for 60% off which makes it only 26.00 and then i open it up and have 50.00 in there sitting of course play money but i say pampered chef is wanting to bring in the new year with pampering our hostess and when your show reaches 500.00 in sales you get an additional 50 dollars to spend so that would be 1 piece at 60% off and 140.00 of free shopping with the 1/2 price and i then i say oh did i mention that your guests as well as you could get all the stoneware you want at 20% off...It must be going well cause i have 8 shows for Jan. booked already and 1 catalog show just thought i would give ya some ideas that are working for me.

That sounds like a good idea with the play money! But are you giving a 60% item yourself? There is no 60% off item for current hosts in January--just the host they booked from can get the 60% off stoneware piece.

I like the idea of cornbread. I might do the mini loaves so I can show off the stoneware.

Related to Help! How to Book Jan Ideas Needed

1. What are some creative ideas for booking a Pampered Chef party in January?

There are many ways to book a successful Pampered Chef party in January. One idea is to offer a New Year's resolution-inspired party, where guests can learn how to cook healthy meals and use our products to achieve their goals. Another idea is to host a "Winter Warm-Up" party, featuring cozy recipes and kitchen tools perfect for the colder months.

2. How can I incentivize my guests to book their own Pampered Chef parties in January?

One popular incentive is to offer a host-exclusive product or discount for guests who book their own parties during your event. You can also offer a gift or discount for guests who refer a friend to book a party with you. Another idea is to create a special theme for January parties, such as "Soup-er Bowl" or "Winter Baking," to make the event more enticing for guests to book.

3. What are some tips for reaching out to potential hosts for January parties?

One effective way to reach out to potential hosts is through social media, such as creating a Facebook event or sending personalized messages. You can also utilize your existing customer base by asking for referrals or offering incentives for hosting a party. Another option is to partner with local businesses or organizations to host joint events, such as a cooking class at a fitness studio or a fundraiser for a school or charity.

4. How can I make my January parties stand out and be successful?

One way to make your parties successful is to offer a unique theme or activity, such as a cooking demonstration or hands-on workshop using our products. Another idea is to incorporate seasonal ingredients or recipes that align with popular New Year's resolutions, such as healthy eating or meal prep. Additionally, providing personalized attention and excellent customer service can make your parties stand out and lead to more bookings.

5. What are some strategies for following up with potential hosts who have expressed interest in booking a party but have not committed yet?

A key strategy for following up is to be persistent but not pushy. Send a personalized email or message thanking them for their interest and reminding them of the benefits of hosting a party. You can also offer to provide more information or answer any questions they may have. If they have not responded, try reaching out again in a few weeks with a different approach, such as offering a limited-time special offer or hosting a virtual party for them and their friends.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• pctonya
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
NooraK
  • Sheila
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • PCJenni