• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Help! Frustrated With Newsletter.

M
MicheleC
I am trying to send out my newsletter. I used portions of Rita and Linda's newsletters (thanks ladies). I am using incredimail and when I put is all in to send out everything looked great. All of the pictures showed up just fine. I sent a test email to myself and when I received it, none of the pictures are there! They just have the boxes with a little x in the corner. When I pull up my sent message it is doing the same thing. Any computer gurus out there know what I'm doing wrong?!

You have to send the images, as well as the newsletter. It looks OK on your machine, but not on others - because those images have been included "somewhere" on your machine.

Make your newsletter on some kind of web program - dreamweaver - or some kind of publisher program -publisher- or -pagemaker- and you'll be OK.

Or, purchase one from someone. I am going to be doing this soon, probably March.

another idea for newsletters...
MicheleC said:
I am trying to send out my newsletter. I used portions of Rita and Linda's newsletters (thanks ladies). I am using incredimail and when I put is all in to send out everything looked great. All of the pictures showed up just fine. I sent a test email to myself and when I received it, none of the pictures are there! They just have the boxes with a little x in the corner. When I pull up my sent message it is doing the same thing. Any computer gurus out there know what I'm doing wrong?!

I usually save a copy in Word and go back in and edit it and send it and my pics are still there then :)

Hope that works for you too.

Liz

Thanks for the info!

Scott, is there a way to save the images in my email or select to send them?

Liz, Are you sending the word document as an attachment then instead of in the text of the email?

I like being able to create something of my own but Publisher was pretty expensive. Just hoping for another alternative.

Michele,I'm having the same exact issues that you're experiencing. I want to simply cut and paste from the word document onto the body of the email and send it, but the images disappear. I wonder if it has anything to do with the email program i am using? If anyone has any ideas, it sure would be appreciated.

It depends on a person's proxy server security settings so certain email providers have different settings & filters. Word works fine for most (as in-line text), but to get rid of the problem send it as an attachment.

MGG said:
It depends on a person's proxy server security settings so certain email providers have different settings & filters. Word works fine for most (as in-line text), but to get rid of the problem send it as an attachment.
Except that people who don't have Word won't be able to read it if you make it an attachment. There aren't many, but they do exist. And, yes, I know that you can download a reader for Word documents, but many people refuse to download software to do something they consider non-essential.

You are so right Ann--I forgot that some people do not have Word. When I worked for the Dallas Indep. School District the laptop we received had a different "compatible" program, but it drove me crazy not to be able to read Word documents. You can usually right click and "show picture" and it'll come up--once done it'll always come up (I think).

1. Why are the pictures not showing up in my email?

There could be several reasons for this. One possibility is that the pictures were not properly embedded in the email and are being referenced from an external source. If this is the case, the pictures may not show up if the recipient's email client is not set to automatically download external images. Another possibility is that the pictures are too large and are being blocked by the email client's size limit. It is also possible that there is an issue with the coding or formatting of the email itself.

2. How can I fix the issue with pictures not showing up in my email?

To fix this issue, try embedding the pictures directly into the email instead of referencing them from an external source. This ensures that the pictures will show up regardless of the recipient's email settings. You can also try resizing the pictures to be smaller in order to avoid the email client's size limit. Additionally, double-check the coding and formatting of the email to make sure there are no errors that could be causing the issue.

3. Is there a problem with using Incredimail for sending newsletters?

Incredimail is not a commonly used email client for sending newsletters. It may not have all of the necessary features and capabilities for sending newsletters in a professional and efficient manner. It is recommended to use a more specialized email marketing platform for sending newsletters.

4. Can I use content from other newsletters in my own newsletter?

It is generally not recommended to use content from other newsletters without permission from the original creators. This could potentially lead to copyright infringement and legal issues. It is best to create original content for your newsletter or seek permission and properly credit the original creators if you do use their content.

5. How can I troubleshoot issues with my newsletter not displaying properly?

If you are experiencing issues with your newsletter not displaying properly, there are a few steps you can take to troubleshoot the issue. First, check for any coding or formatting errors in the email. You can also try sending a test email to different email clients to see if the issue is specific to one client. Make sure your pictures and other media are properly embedded in the email and not being referenced from external sources. You can also try sending the newsletter through a different email marketing platform to see if that resolves the issue.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• esavvymom
  • Pampered Chef Newsletters
Replies
Views
esavvymom
  • pamperedpals
  • Pampered Chef Newsletters
Replies
Views
jbdowd0798
Replies