• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Newsletter Problem's - 123By Request

In summary, The conversation is about a person's frustration with their newsletter not displaying properly in their customers' emails. They discuss different methods of sending the newsletter, such as sending it as a PDF attachment or using a newsletter service like Tasty Tidbits. They also discuss ways to avoid having the newsletter show up as an attachment.
pamperedpals
Gold Member
I am so frustrated right now, I could spit nails!:mad:

I have several co-workers, that are also my customer's, tell me that the newsletter that I send out last night, came all goobly-d-gooked (is that a word?).

The pictures and links are not embedded in the email. It almost looks like it was sent in a dos format, versus html. I always send myself a test email, to see if everything work's. I did that last night and it came across to me just fine. However, everyone else if having problems.

My co-worker's have told me it was the last couple of newsletter's that I sent out that came this way.:eek: Not the way I want to portray my business.

I was wondering if anyone else has had this issue?

Yes. I finally decided to do them in MS Word, convert them to PDF and send them as attachments. That way they always see what I see. It just isn't worth the risk of wasting time creating and sending newsletters and having my customers not be able to see them. Just be glad they let you know there was a problem!

I am thankful that they let me know. It is just really frustrating, because they were all coming across just fine before.

I suppose it depends on what email you are sending it through. I have Gmail, and there are certain formatting things I have to do in order to get the pictures to show up correctly. I have decided to subscribe to Tasty Tidbits, mostly because I realized I spend at least 2 hours on my newsletter every month. It's pretty cheap, and you can edit it or add if you didn't like something. If you didn't want to do that, try Googling newsletter and picture posting for your particular email subscriber. I hope that helps. :cool:

I having been leaning more and more to Tasty Tidbits for my newsletter. I have forwarded the Fall Flash to a few people here at work, to see how it comes out on our email.

If all comes out well, I will be switching immediately! I don't care that I still have a few months left on my other subscription.

I have nothing but good things to say about Tasty Tidbits! Joy is absolutely wonderful to work with.

erinyourpclady said:
I have nothing but good things to say about Tasty Tidbits! Joy is absolutely wonderful to work with.

I have heard nothing but rave review from all of you regarding Tasty Tidbits.

Add another to the list of those raving about Tasty Tidbits. I always get so many compliments!

I too have liked Joy's service so far Laurie - plus she does other flyers that many people take advantage of for FREE. So why not pay a few bucks and pay her for her hard work!

Ditto...Joy does a fabulous job with the newsletters and other flyers and saves me time and hassle. I love that all the links are done for me. She is awesome and worth the money!

Okay, quick question for you Tasty Tidbit lovers. My girlfriend went to open the Fall Flash email that I sent her and she had to open a browser to see the email. Is that normal?

pamperedpals said:
Okay, quick question for you Tasty Tidbit lovers. My girlfriend went to open the Fall Flash email that I sent her and she had to open a browser to see the email. Is that normal?
Depends on her e-mail and yours and if it forwarded as an attachment.If it forwards as an attachment, then yes.

janetupnorth said:
Depends on her e-mail and yours and if it forwarded as an attachment.

If it forwards as an attachment, then yes.

I thought I knew a lot about email, but I guess I don't.:blushing:

Is there a way to forward it without it being an attachement? When I receive my info from here it is not an attachment.

pamperedpals said:
I thought I knew a lot about email, but I guess I don't.:blushing:

Is there a way to forward it without it being an attachement? When I receive my info from here it is not an attachment.

You can forward it as inline text...that is what I do to avoid making my customers open attachments.

erinyourpclady said:
You can forward it as inline text...that is what I do to avoid making my customers open attachments.

How do you do that? (I, too, thought I knew a lot about email, but I guess not. :blushing:)

Oh, and is there any way to import your contact list from the website into the email program, or do you all just keep an email list somehow? I use Thunderbird... TIA!

erinyourpclady said:

How do you do that?

jbachen said:
How do you do that? (I, too, thought I knew a lot about email, but I guess not. :blushing:)

I use yahoo.....but if you mouse on the forward button it will give you two choices...inline text or attachment. HTH!

jbachen said:
Oh, and is there any way to import your contact list from the website into the email program, or do you all just keep an email list somehow? I use Thunderbird... TIA!

K...this is beyond me...you'll have to wait for a techie (Ann or Janet..or along their lines) to "teach" ya how to do it! LOL!

:grumpy:eek:k, I thought I was the only one having trouble with 123...when I open the original email, all is fine. Pics come through, no weird page breaks, etc. BUT, when I try to forward it, it looks like a word doc with actual pages! All the pics are out of place, and there are HUGE blank spaces. Several of my customers said that they only got half of the first page!:cry:
I had to spend soooo much time revamping it to get it right, I might as well have done my own.

PS...I'm using outlook, with my ISP address and have not had this problem in the year and a half I have been using this newsletter.

ChefKrisB said:
PS...I'm using outlook, with my ISP address and have not had this problem in the year and a half I have been using this newsletter.

I am also using Outlook and have never had a problem before either. I am going to switch to Tasty Tidbits. My trial run with my co-workers went well.

Thanks for the info...I think I'm going to start shopping around. My director has a really nice looking one from somewhere...going to have to look it up.

Wow, I wonder if I should send something with my next newsletter to have my customers let me know if they are having any issues. I love 123byrequest and don't plan on changing any time soon. She does provide a Word document that you can also send to your customers.

I recently have signed up for 123byrequest director cluster newsletter, and all I have recieved is the customer newsletter(not even a month ago). I have emailed them twice now trying to get them to send me the correct one and have gotten no response. Also The newsletter they did send I tried to send it to another email addy of mine(after reading these post) and only like 3 pics were even showing up. :cry: Any help or suggestions?

****bump****

***bumping Again***

I don't have an answer for you, but you may want to start a new thread and see if anyone will answer you question that way.

Its okay, get this, I emailed 123Byrequest on thursday for a sample and haven't gotten anything. So my director who raves about it emailed her and made it a priority email...still nothing. So it looks like I'll be spending about 3x as much for tastytidbits but seems like customer service is the best with Joy.

I had my director forward me her newsletter and it came out ok (thats sbcglobal to hotmail). But I think I like tasty tidbits better.

jbdowd0798 said:
So it looks like I'll be spending about 3x as much for tastytidbits but seems like customer service is the best with Joy.

For me it is only $5 more than 123by request and I really like the newsletters.

I like the idea of her emailing them......BUT....then again HELP! What's the best plan with Joy?? Maybe i'll just pay the $12/ 6months! I can still add a few things if I need to and I can then add/delete without worrying about telling Joy.

You may be right Laurie! Okay thanks for letting me think out loud! :)

jbdowd0798 said:
I like the idea of her emailing them......BUT....then again HELP! What's the best plan with Joy?? Maybe i'll just pay the $12/ 6months! I can still add a few things if I need to and I can then add/delete without worrying about telling Joy.

You may be right Laurie! Okay thanks for letting me think out loud! :)

Becky I have the Sous Chef and I like being able to edit the newsletter and add a few things myself.

Maybe I will reward myself when I promote to the Head Chef Service.:)

pamperedpals said:
Becky I have the Sous Chef and I like being able to edit the newsletter and add a few things myself.

Maybe I will reward myself when I promote to the Head Chef Service.:)

Laurie- I just ordered Tasty Tidbits and did the Sous Chef. I also used you as my referral. Don't know what that does for you but i did put your name and screen name since I didn't have a last name! :D Thanks for your help!!!

1. Why did my newsletter come across as "goobly-d-gooked" to some of my customers?

This could be due to formatting issues when sending the email. Make sure to use an email marketing platform that supports HTML formatting and double check your settings before sending. It could also be a compatibility issue with certain email clients.

2. Why do the pictures and links in my newsletter not appear properly?

This could be due to the email being sent in a plain text format instead of HTML. Make sure to use an email marketing platform that supports HTML formatting and double check your settings before sending.

3. I always send a test email to myself before sending the newsletter, why did it appear fine for me but not for others?

Sending a test email to yourself is a good practice, but keep in mind that different email clients and devices may display the email differently. It's important to also ask for feedback from others and make necessary adjustments before sending to your entire list.

4. How can I prevent this issue from happening again in the future?

Make sure to use an email marketing platform that supports HTML formatting and double check your settings before sending. Also, consider testing your newsletter on different email clients and devices before sending to your entire list.

5. Has anyone else experienced this issue with their newsletters?

It's possible that others have experienced similar issues. It's always a good idea to reach out to your email marketing platform's support team or search online for any known issues with your specific platform. You can also ask for feedback from other business owners who use the same platform to see if they have encountered similar issues.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• esavvymom
  • Pampered Chef Newsletters
Replies
Views
pcjenr
  • esavvymom
  • Pampered Chef Newsletters
Replies
Views
esavvymom
  • esavvymom