1. Pampered Chef relies on relationships and communication. How are you managing your business in the wake of Coronavirus and social distancing? Discuss here
    Dismiss Notice

Pampered Chef: Bookings Help for a Consultant starting back up!!

1. Hi everyone- I am starting back up my Pampered Chef business, and I am so eager to really hit the ground running. I am having the worst time finding bookings!!! I tote my catalog bag around everywhere and pass out business cards every chance I get! My recruiter has recently moved out of state and is not active as of right now. She is having a really tough time in her life, and I feel as if I am a burden to her. I really need some ideas because I want to grow my business so bad!!!

Help!!:cry:

2. Have you hosted your own show yet? That's a good start. Also, try Pampering a Business. Doctor and Dentist offices are a good start. Hand a catalog to the receptionist and offer to bring a dessert when you pick them up.

That's all I can think of right now, I'm trudging along on 2 hours of sleep.

Good luck!

3. Jolie_Paradoxe

Jolie_Paradoxe Senior Member Gold Member

Also, go back to your list of 100. Ask your friends and family to host a show. Let them know you are more interested in booking and practice than show totals. This may take some pressure off. Ask them to invite people you do not know and for that guest to bring a friend.

Call guests from previous shows and tell them about the July and Aug host specials.

4. esavvymom

esavvymom Legend Member Staff Member

This time of year is good to start looking for craft fairs and bazaars too.

Jun 29, 2009
  5. DebbieJ

DebbieJ Legend Member

But have you actually ASKED anyone if they would be willing to host a show for you to restart your business?

GET ON THE PHONE.

Jun 29, 2009
  6. etteluap70PC

etteluap70PC Legacy Member Gold Member

You can hand out info till the cows come home. 1 time out of 100 you might get a call. Get their info! Keep door prize slips with your catalogs. I have found most people really do not mind especially if they are getting a full sz catalog.

Jun 29, 2009
  7. I have found just coming right out and asking is the best way!

Jul 3, 2009
  8. ChefBeckyD

ChefBeckyD Legend Member Gold Member

Have you taken the Training Courses offered online on Consultants Corner?

I would start there. Also - download and listen to some of the workshops on bookings. Those can be very helpful in giving you words to use and ideas for getting bookings.

Jul 3, 2009
  9. pcchefjane

pcchefjane Senior Member Gold Member

Also instead of a business card, I suggest getting the recipe cards and attaching a label with your information on it. Someone will toss away a business card, but rarely will they toss away a recipe card, especially if it looks really yummy!

Jul 3, 2009
Have something to add?