• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Brand New and Don't Know Where to Start

Introduce yourself to your neighbors and see if they would be interested in anything. Good luck, you can do it!First of all, welcome to the PC and CS families! :) Glad you're here! I think you're doing great with posting flyers. Keep doing that. Also, you do mention that family is not close, but maybe they would have a catalogue show for you to get you going? Do you have any friends where you are now? Get out your list of 100 and maybe that will trigger some ideas for you.If you are going to the gym and church, make sure to wear PC clothing when you can and
Pampered_Ashley
Hi everyone,

I really love Pampered Chef and cooking, so I thought that it would only be natural that I should become a consultant. So, I ordered my kit this past weekend and it has not arrived yet, but I am already worried that I am not going to be able to make my first goal of $1250 in my first month. I have one for sure catlog show, but other than that don't have any other leads for this month, let alone next month. I recently moved to VA and I dont have any family out here. I have told my work friends, but have not gotten any bookings from it. I am in the process of making sure it is ok that I post a flyer in the kitchen at work, but they are kind of wierd about that here. I am going to post a flyer at my gym and at my church, but I am still not sure that I will be able to make my goal.

Does any one have any ideas that would help my PC business take off? Any help would be greatly appreciated!!

Are there any events in the month of Oct that you could sign up for a table? You can get lots of leads that way.
How about going to local businesses (hairdressers, banks, dentist/dr offices) and dropping off some catalogs
Introduce yourself to your neighbors and see if they would be interested in anything.
Good luck, you can do it!

First of all, welcome to the PC and CS families! :) Glad you're here!

I think you're doing great with posting flyers. Keep doing that. Also, you do mention that family is not close, but maybe they would have a catalogue show for you to get you going? Do you have any friends where you are now? Get out your list of 100 and maybe that will trigger some ideas for you.

If you are going to the gym and church, make sure to wear PC clothing when you can and when appropriate and talk to everyone you can about PC and what you do. Create your 30 second commercial. Here's the one I recently created...."I'm a kitchen paramedic. I help people bring fun back into their kitchens by teaching them how to make delicious recipes using quality kitchen tools".

Maybe you could also speak with the fundraising group at your church about doing a PC fundraiser.

I know you'll get lots of great ideas from other Cheffers. You can do this!!! :D

Let us know how you're doing! :)

Welcome!Have you talked to your director/recruiter about your concerns?

Being new, you could make up a batch of the Warm and Nutty Caramel Brownies and split it up onto separate plates. Each week take a plate to various offices and businesses around town. Drop a couple catalogs with a couple order forms tucked inside with it and say that you'll be back in 5 days to pick up your plate (leave the catalogs). They will love the treat, and will probably place orders! You need to ask for parties.

Pampered_Ashley said:
Hi everyone,

I really love Pampered Chef and cooking, so I thought that it would only be natural that I should become a consultant. So, I ordered my kit this past weekend and it has not arrived yet, but I am already worried that I am not going to be able to make my first goal of $1250 in my first month. I have one for sure catlog show, but other than that don't have any other leads for this month, let alone next month. I recently moved to VA and I dont have any family out here. I have told my work friends, but have not gotten any bookings from it. I am in the process of making sure it is ok that I post a flyer in the kitchen at work, but they are kind of wierd about that here. I am going to post a flyer at my gym and at my church, but I am still not sure that I will be able to make my goal.

Does any one have any ideas that would help my PC business take off? Any help would be greatly appreciated!!

Does this mean that you've actually asked them if they would be willing to host one of your first shows and help you get started? Or does it mean that you said "Oh, by the way, I'm selling Pampered Chef now" and hoped that they would jump in and ask if they could have a party? Most people have to be asked. You might have done that, I just wasn't sure from the way you stated it.

Also - Have you considered having a Grand Opening Show? Invite all of those friends from work, and your neighbors, and new friends you've made at church.
Do you have a director close by who could help you at all?

Hi Ashley! Welcome to VA, and especially welcome to PC and CS! I agree with looking for fairs to set up tables! You picked a great season to start with PC. Have a Christmas Shopping Grand Opening! Don't tell yourself 'I can't do it,' or 'This is not me.' Get out there and talk to people!

I live in Bealeton (Fauquier County). Who is your Director or Recruiter?

I'm fairly new myself (30 days on Monday), and also struggling to get started. But you may want to check out this thread about how to "Pamper a Business". I got some great ideas from this. I haven't implemented them yet, but I think I'll need to very soon! My booth at the Garden show hasn't been so hot, and I have an Open House/Kitchen Show this weekend with NO rsvp's so far. I'm still pressing forward, but just wear your logo (purse, shirt, whatever!) and be ready to talk or hand a recipe card. I went to my Community Watch meeting tonight wearing my shirt. One of the police officers who came to talk to us, saw my shirt and asked if I sold PC? He said he LOVES PC and asked if I had a catalog! I did NOT expect that! My DH has been talking at work, and just took several catalogs in, and I may get one show off of one of the wives. So you just never know where it will come from! My planned items have flopped, but the unplanned have been where its coming from.

I'm fairly new as well (coming up on 30 days). I had a "grand opening" show where I literally invited EVERYONE I knew, and a lot of people I didn't know. I also told each of them to bring their friends. I had about 20 people show up and I sold about $400 (not THAT great - but I was pretty pleased). The BEST part was that I got FOUR bookings for future shows! Now if I can get one or two bookings from each show then I will be doing well. Best of luck to you- definately try a huge grand opening and don't be afraid to invite people. I literally went door to door and invited all of the people in my subdivision. I also invited my bank teller, a girl at the grocery store, all of my husband's co workers, and EVERYONE at church.

Getting started will require that you go outside your comfort zone and talk to people. If you open a separate checking account for your biz (which I strongly recommend), take some info and talk to the person at the bank about why you're opening the account and ask if they'd like to host a show to learn tips and earn free products.Talk to people in the grocery store. If you have a PC cookbook with you as a shopping list, there's a good chance that someone will stop you and ask about the picture or the book. That's a perfect opening to talk to them - you can even tell them that you'll demo that recipe at their show.But on top of that, make sure that all the invitations that go out whether for your own kickoff show or for other shows, are addressed to "Betty Guest and friend." Doing that can greatly increase the numbers in attendance at your shows, getting you more sales and also getting you bookings in different circles of people.

Thank you all for all the great advice!! :sing: My 30 day count down starts today and so far I have one catalog show booked and one possible recruit... :D Still working on getting my top 100 list filled out, but I am about halfway there. So thanks again!!

A half way filled list of 100 is great. Now start calling them!I don't think I ever filled in every blank on mine.

DebbieJ said:
A half way filled list of 100 is great. Now start calling them!

I don't think I ever filled in every blank on mine.

I know I didn't!! So, as Debbie says, get on the phone to the first half you have and go from there!

Good luck! :D

Welcome and it sounds as though you have had some fantastic advice already. You already have a catalog show booked and possible recruit woohoo! Good for you. Keep it up.

If you get the chance do a booth somewhere to get your name out there. You might make up some flyers and put in your bank, schools, grocery stores, gas stations, Dr. office, restaurants, and anyplace else you can think.

1. What is Pampered Chef and what products do they offer?

Pampered Chef is a direct sales company that offers high-quality kitchen tools, cookware, and pantry products. Their product line includes items such as knives, cookware sets, baking tools, and pantry staples like spices and sauces.

2. How can I purchase Pampered Chef products?

You can purchase Pampered Chef products through a consultant at a Pampered Chef party, online through the Pampered Chef website, or through a local in-person or virtual cooking show.

3. How do I become a Pampered Chef consultant?

To become a Pampered Chef consultant, you can sign up online or through a current consultant. There is a small fee to join, and you will have access to training and support to help you build your business.

4. What are the benefits of hosting a Pampered Chef party?

Hosting a Pampered Chef party can earn you free and discounted products, as well as exclusive hostess rewards. It's also a fun way to connect with friends and family while learning new recipes and trying out Pampered Chef products.

5. Are there any special deals or promotions for new customers?

Yes, Pampered Chef often offers special deals and promotions for new customers, such as discounted starter kits for consultants or free products with purchase. You can stay updated on these offers by following Pampered Chef on social media or signing up for their email list.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• keyssizzler
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
keyssizzler
  • naekelsey
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
naekelsey
  • kristine2011