• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Help! Customer Has a Smoking Stone

In summary, if your Pampered Chef stone is smoking, it is likely due to leftover food residue or oil that has not been properly cleaned off, or sudden temperature changes. To stop the smoking, remove the stone from the oven, allow it to cool down, and clean it with warm soapy water and a non-abrasive sponge. It is not recommended to continue using a smoking stone, as it can lead to an unpleasant odor and affect the taste of your food. To prevent smoking in the future, make sure to properly clean and dry the stone before each use, avoid sudden temperature changes, and lightly grease the stone before use.
prepchef
Gold Member
A customer asked me if I knew a way to keep her stone from smoking. She used to be a consultant about 7 years ago. She said her stone smokes every time she uses it. (which is less and less). She said she has cleaned it, left it in the oven to cook, and it still smokes.

Any suggestions?

Tell her not to buy it cigarettes anymore and then it won't be able to smoke!!

Sorry! I couldn't resist that one. I have never heard of a smoking stone before. Wish I could help.

The only thing I can think of is that there may be a build up of excess grease on her stone, and the grease is smoking when it gets hot. Make sure she is using STRAIGHT HOT water and getting all of the food grease off of it each time. She may have to do a baking soda paste to get most of it off to begin with, though.

If that isn't the problem, I would call HO and ask them. Hope you can figure it out!

I too had a custumer came up to me and tell me that she had a smoke stone. I called HO and they replace it.

Hi there! I'm sorry to hear that you're having trouble with your stone smoking. As a consultant, I have a few tips that may help. First, make sure to always preheat your stone in the oven before using it. This will help prevent any smoking. Also, try using a lower temperature and longer cooking time when using your stone. If the smoking persists, it may be time to replace your stone as it could be damaged. I hope this helps! Happy cooking!

What should I do if my stone is smoking?

If your Pampered Chef stone is smoking, do not panic. This is a common occurrence and can be easily resolved by following a few simple steps.

Why is my stone smoking?

There are a few reasons why your stone may be smoking. It could be due to leftover food residue or oil that has not been properly cleaned off, or it could be due to high heat or sudden temperature changes.

How do I stop my stone from smoking?

To stop your stone from smoking, remove it from the oven and allow it to cool down. Once it has cooled, scrub it with warm soapy water and a non-abrasive sponge. Rinse and dry thoroughly before using it again.

Can I still use my smoking stone?

If your stone is smoking, it is not recommended to continue using it until the issue has been resolved. Continued use of a smoking stone can lead to an unpleasant odor and can affect the taste of your food.

How can I prevent my stone from smoking in the future?

To prevent your stone from smoking in the future, make sure to properly clean and dry it before each use. Avoid sudden temperature changes and do not place frozen foods directly onto the hot stone. You can also try lightly greasing the stone before use to prevent sticking and smoking.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• crsnlsa
  • Pampered Chef Stoneware
Replies
Views
PCAbby
  • fifiplc
  • Pampered Chef Stoneware
Replies
Views
Amyskitchen2
  • jillchef