• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Can I Use Vanilla Pudding Instead of White Chocolate for Black Forest Trifle?

In summary, this conversation discusses making a trifle ahead of time, using different types of cake, substituting whipped topping, using frozen cherries, and the shelf life of the trifle in the fridge. It is recommended to let the trifle sit in the fridge for at least 4 hours before serving, any type of cake can be used but it may alter the overall taste and texture, homemade whipped cream can be substituted for whipped topping, frozen cherries can be used but must be thawed and drained, and the trifle will last in the fridge for 2-3 days but it is best to make and serve within 24 hours for optimal taste and texture.
pamperedpnina
I cant find white chocolate pudding in the store (never able to find it) I'm supposed to be doing the BFT tomorrow afternoon for a show, I bought chocolate pudding but am wondering if I should use Vanilla instead for the color (bet it would still taste fine)
Thanks for the quick responses
Pnina

I'd use vanilla for color variation. Good luck!

white chocolate pudding and cheesecake pudding are the best because they are white--vanilla is yellow. Look for those flavors, usually made by jello brand, in sugar free I always find them and you don't notice any difference.

THANKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'll stop at the store on my way to the show tomorrow and pick up cheesecake I saw that flavor I've never seen the white chocolate though guess ppl. dont like it in these parts.

On the show note I'm so excited she is expecting 16ppl. and it might be closer to 25!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I've never done a show that large!!!! :love::love:

You have to look to find the white chocolate but it is there.

I'm serious I've looked and looked and looked, I'll look again but I really cant find it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Like Nancy, I usually find it only in sugar-free.

Ask a friend that lives in another town to check for you, ask this person to buy you several of them - the date on the boxes are usually long.

:chef:

1. Can I make this trifle ahead of time?

Yes, you can make this trifle ahead of time. In fact, it's recommended to let it sit in the fridge for at least 4 hours before serving to allow the flavors to develop.

2. Can I use a different type of cake for this trifle?

Yes, you can use any type of cake for this trifle. However, it may alter the overall taste and texture of the dish.

3. Can I substitute the whipped topping with homemade whipped cream?

Yes, you can substitute the whipped topping with homemade whipped cream. Just make sure to whip the cream to stiff peaks before using it in the trifle.

4. Can I use frozen cherries instead of fresh cherries?

Yes, you can use frozen cherries instead of fresh cherries. Just make sure to thaw them completely and drain any excess liquid before using them in the trifle.

5. How long will this trifle last in the fridge?

This trifle will last in the fridge for up to 2-3 days. However, the longer it sits, the softer the cake may become. It's best to make and serve the trifle within 24 hours for optimal taste and texture.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• gailz2
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
heat123
  • jj16
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
elizabethfox
  • babywings76