• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Help ( About to Cry..) Artichoke Cups

sometimes the corners of the wontons curl in a bit during the first baking, making them hard to fill (although I've gotten pretty good at getting it to work well none the less).
smilesarepriceless
Gold Member
Ok, I'm trying to do the Elegant Artichoke Cups..and rather than cry.I"m here..

the wraps won't stay in the shape of the muffin pan..No matter what..

HELP..Any tips

and yes, i used oil

They may be too warm when you are starting. I usually have a couple that fold in on theyselves but most are ok. I make these a lot. Usually I bake the cups right when I get to the show, since they only take a few minutes to brown. Then I do the rest during my show.
HTH

i dont know cuz i've never made these, but did you by chance use too much oil and now they are so slick they wont stay down?

The first time I made these I was having trouble keeping the wontons in the cups, too, until I realized there were 2 or 3 stuck together when I thought I was working with just 1. When I seperated them they were really thin and stayed with no problem.

ok, so maybe i'm using too much oil.

I know i have only one ( b/c there were paper separaters in the packet..)

Lord grant me patience..I will try again..

I have never seen them with seperaters

Hmmm, the ones I get are (reading from package) Azumaya Square Wraps *best for won tons, dumplings, and raviolis* Pasta Wraps

It is 12 oz, and there are approx. 48 wontons in the package. I've never seen any with paper seperators, either, but maybe it's just a different brand.

Good luck....let us know how they turn out!

Last edited:
smilesarepriceless said:
ok, so maybe i'm using too much oil.

I know i have only one ( b/c there were paper separaters in the packet..)

Lord grant me patience..I will try again..

Are you sure that the separators aren't separating a group of like 4?

the ones I've used have seperators but there are 2 wrappers there!:eek: ! Check and see if that's the problem! Also making sure they are cold enough is a good idea too and are they fresh? just some ideas! But I do know the ones I've used in the past had paper seperators but there were 2 wrappers to each section!:eek: And when I'd mess up and grab 2 instead of just one, they wouldn't keep their shape either~!:grumpy:

my new recruit made these and they were perfect. i was surprised she did these at her first show. she used egg roll sheets (because she couldnt find the other kind) and then she just cut them into squares and placed them in the tart pan.

I will never make these for a show because I will never make them again at home. I will be happy to tell people that they taste good and that others have made these with success. I also will never make the tropical wontons. Not worth my time. I hope they've worked out for you, Heather.

Don't put oil. I don't use oil in my mini-muffin pan and everything (so far) comes out just fine. Like the ladies say, make sure you don't have two stuck together. I made these for a MK party I had and everyone loved them.

Good luck and try again :)

UPDATE: Ok, not crying..I went to the grocery store after my daughter woke from her nap, and found WONTON wrappers at a different grocery store. In my opinion these were thicker than the egg roll wrappers I had gotten...

I wiped my pan of any excess oil...just lightly used oil on the wraps, made the recipe as described WITH NO PROBLEMS....

Honestly, I didn't think I'd like this recipe, but I found it to be AWESOME!!!

I am so excited to do this tomorrow night!

That's great! I am glad it worked out

Yay! Good for you Heather! I'm glad it worked, I don't want you crying over there!:cry: :eek: ;)
By the way I love your screen name and your avatar.... well it just matches your screen name and it speaks loads about you! You look like such a fun person!;) :balloon:
Good luck tonight!:D :thumbup: :balloon:

I'm glad you updated us, Heather..I was wondering how it all worked out!

I LOVE this recipe and it is such a great hit at shows.

sometimes the corners of the wontons curl in a bit during the first baking, making them hard to fill (although I've gotten pretty good at getting it to work well none the less)

I know other consultants that turn their muffin pans upside down, and place the wontons on top of the "hill" of the underside of the cups, and bake them that way so there is lots of room for filling. That's just one more step for me, though!

koren said:
I LOVE this recipe and it is such a great hit at shows.

sometimes the corners of the wontons curl in a bit during the first baking, making them hard to fill (although I've gotten pretty good at getting it to work well none the less)

I know other consultants that turn their muffin pans upside down, and place the wontons on top of the "hill" of the underside of the cups, and bake them that way so there is lots of room for filling. That's just one more step for me, though!

What a great idea! I am sure it is quicker too.

wow, that is a neat little tip ! :> Thanks! I might try that next time!

1. How do I make artichoke cups?

To make artichoke cups, start by preheating your oven to 375 degrees. Then, mix together cream cheese, mayonnaise, Parmesan cheese, and chopped artichoke hearts in a bowl. Cut wonton wrappers into circles and press into a mini muffin tin. Fill each wonton cup with the artichoke mixture and bake for 10-12 minutes until golden brown and crispy.

2. Can I use a different type of cheese in this recipe?

Yes, you can use any type of cheese you prefer in this recipe. Some popular alternatives to Parmesan cheese include feta, mozzarella, or cheddar cheese.

3. How can I make this recipe gluten-free?

To make this recipe gluten-free, you can use gluten-free wonton wrappers or make your own using a gluten-free flour blend. You can also skip the wonton wrappers altogether and bake the artichoke mixture in a greased mini muffin tin for a crustless version.

4. Can I make these artichoke cups ahead of time?

Yes, these artichoke cups can be made ahead of time. Simply prepare and bake them as instructed, then store them in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. When ready to serve, reheat them in the oven at 350 degrees for 5-7 minutes.

5. What can I serve with artichoke cups?

Artichoke cups make a great appetizer or party snack and can be served with a variety of dishes. Some popular options include a fresh salad, roasted vegetables, or a charcuterie board. You can also serve them as a side dish with your favorite protein, such as grilled chicken or fish.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
Dotty
  • linilinda
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
lt1jane
Replies
Views
peichef