• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Truffle Brownie Cups or Tuxedo Brownies?

In summary, the truffle brownie cups are better than the tuxedo brownies. Both recipes are good, but the truffle cups are richer and tastier.
AnnieBee
Gold Member
OK, to those of you who have made or eaten both of these, which recipe do you like more?

I have made the truffle cups ALOT and love this recipe (so rich and yummy, and EASY!), but I'm wondering about trying the tuxedo cups for a change for my "Spring Fling" this coming Sunday.

But I've never done them before, and I wonder if they are as good as the truffle cups because it is basically a box mix for the brownie part. ANd really, the ganache is way quicker to make than the tuxedo filling...

Also, I will be doing a bunch of other cream cheese based stuff (greek cheese torta, sauce over cream cheese, possibly clubhouse chicken squares or mexican lasagne which both use cream cheese too!).

So, are the tuxedo brownies as good as the truffle cups, and should I avoid them just to not be doing another cream cheese recipe?

What do y'all think?

they're both good, but I'm a chocolate lover, so I prefer the Truffle Cups.

I love the Tuxedo Brownie cups a lot more. I always get rave reviews when I bring them to events.

I've not had the truffle cups but I hear they are delish. I love the tuxedo cups though.

That's a toughie - I love them both.

I think either would be a hit!

pamperedlinda said:
I've not had the truffle cups but I hear they are delish. I love the tuxedo cups though.

Linda, you have got to be kidding me! Go RIGHT NOW to your kitchen and make some truffle brownie cups! You won't regret it :)!

Debbie/Cat/Becky, thanks for your input!

I really want to try the tuxedo ones, but I'm leaning towards the truffle cups for this "do", because of having alot of other cream cheesey things...

LOL Annabel - I'm afraid to make them!

pamperedlinda said:
LOL Annabel - I'm afraid to make them!

Afraid of eating them all in one sitting?:D

I've made them just as a brownie. I lined the pan with parchment, and after the brownie was cooled, I lifted it out of the pan. Then I poured the truffle filling over the top and let it drip down the sides a bit. I used my Santoku knife to cut it into bite sized pieces.

ChefBeckyD said:
Afraid of eating them all in one sitting?:D

I've made them just as a brownie. I lined the pan with parchment, and after the brownie was cooled, I lifted it out of the pan. Then I poured the truffle filling over the top and let it drip down the sides a bit. I used my Santoku knife to cut it into bite sized pieces.

great idea!

pamperedlinda said:
LOL - yes!

Ah, but that is what's so great about these! You can freeze them, with or without the filling!! That's why I like making them when I don't know how many people will show up, you can make a whole bunch just in case, and then freeze the left overs.

And then you can can just take them right back out of the freezer, one at a time as needed.

Which for me would be about 6 times a day!

You really do need to try them!

I have not tried the Truffle cups...will I go up another pants size? Not sure the tent maker is in town. All I know is that I will NOT do the Tuxedo Brownies as a demo again. It was disasterous when I did them a year ago.

And to add insult to injury...I received my ice cream make last night:sing: I just have to try it out!!

1. What are the ingredients for Truffle Brownie Cups?

The ingredients for Truffle Brownie Cups include unsweetened chocolate, butter, sugar, eggs, vanilla extract, all-purpose flour, salt, and chopped nuts.

2. How do I make Tuxedo Brownies?

To make Tuxedo Brownies, you will need to make two separate batters - one chocolate and one vanilla. Then, you will layer the two batters in a baking pan and swirl them together with a knife before baking.

3. How long do Truffle Brownie Cups need to bake?

Truffle Brownie Cups typically need to bake for about 20-25 minutes at 350 degrees Fahrenheit.

4. Can I add toppings to Tuxedo Brownies?

Yes, you can add toppings to Tuxedo Brownies such as chocolate chips, nuts, or a chocolate drizzle for extra flavor and texture.

5. Are Truffle Brownie Cups gluten-free?

No, Truffle Brownie Cups are not gluten-free as they contain all-purpose flour. However, you can try substituting gluten-free flour for a gluten-free option.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• kam
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
lacychef
  • Karen
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
jbdowd0798
Replies