1. Pampered Chef relies on relationships and communication. How are you managing your business in the wake of Coronavirus and social distancing? Discuss here
    Dismiss Notice

Pampered Chef: Truffle brownie cups or tuxedo brownies?

1. AnnieBee

AnnieBee Veteran Member Gold Member

OK, to those of you who have made or eaten both of these, which recipe do you like more?

I have made the truffle cups ALOT and love this recipe (so rich and yummy, and EASY!), but I'm wondering about trying the tuxedo cups for a change for my "Spring Fling" this coming Sunday.

But I've never done them before, and I wonder if they are as good as the truffle cups because it is basically a box mix for the brownie part. ANd really, the ganache is way quicker to make than the tuxedo filling...

Also, I will be doing a bunch of other cream cheese based stuff (greek cheese torta, sauce over cream cheese, possibly clubhouse chicken squares or mexican lasagne which both use cream cheese too!).

So, are the tuxedo brownies as good as the truffle cups, and should I avoid them just to not be doing another cream cheese recipe?

What do y'all think?

Apr 23, 2009
  2. DebbieJ

DebbieJ Legend Member

they're both good, but I'm a chocolate lover, so I prefer the Truffle Cups.

Apr 23, 2009
  3. catlwilles

catlwilles Member Gold Member

I love the Tuxedo Brownie cups a lot more. I always get rave reviews when I bring them to events.

Apr 23, 2009
  4. pamperedlinda

pamperedlinda Legend Member Gold Member

I've not had the truffle cups but I hear they are delish. I love the tuxedo cups though.

Apr 23, 2009
  5. ChefBeckyD

ChefBeckyD Legend Member Gold Member

That's a toughie - I love them both.

I think either would be a hit!

Apr 23, 2009
  6. AnnieBee

Linda, you have got to be kidding me! Go RIGHT NOW to your kitchen and make some truffle brownie cups! You won't regret it :)!

Debbie/Cat/Becky, thanks for your input!

I really want to try the tuxedo ones, but I'm leaning towards the truffle cups for this "do", because of having alot of other cream cheesey things...

Apr 23, 2009
  7. pamperedlinda

LOL Annabel - I'm afraid to make them!

Apr 23, 2009
  8. ChefBeckyD

ChefBeckyD Legend Member Gold Member

Afraid of eating them all in one sitting?:D

I've made them just as a brownie. I lined the pan with parchment, and after the brownie was cooled, I lifted it out of the pan. Then I poured the truffle filling over the top and let it drip down the sides a bit. I used my Santoku knife to cut it into bite sized pieces.

Apr 23, 2009
  9. pamperedlinda

LOL - yes!

Apr 23, 2009
  10. annew

annew Member

great idea!

Apr 23, 2009
  11. AnnieBee

Ah, but that is what's so great about these! You can freeze them, with or without the filling!! That's why I like making them when I don't know how many people will show up, you can make a whole bunch just in case, and then freeze the left overs.

And then you can can just take them right back out of the freezer, one at a time as needed.

Which for me would be about 6 times a day!

You really do need to try them!

Apr 23, 2009
  12. baychef

baychef Senior Member Silver Member

I have not tried the Truffle cups...will I go up another pants size? Not sure the tent maker is in town. All I know is that I will NOT do the Tuxedo Brownies as a demo again. It was disasterous when I did them a year ago.

And to add insult to injury...I received my ice cream make last night:sing: I just have to try it out!!

Apr 23, 2009
Have something to add?