• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Healthy Eating for Kids: See Simple Additions on Oprah

In summary, the Simple Additions products were displayed on Oprah's show. The show was about getting kids to eat healthy, and the products were sampled as part of that. There have been inquiries about where the products came from, and The Pampered Chef may have sent them.
mrssyvo
I just got done watching Oprah, and they had Simple Additions on there. They were not mentioned, but they were on display. the show was about getting your kids to eat healthy, and they were sampling different foods. I saw the SA round dots bowls, double bowl caddy, and the appetizer plates and caddy.

It's nice that Oprah likes to display our items.....why o why won't she give us a little mention?

She might not know that's what they are. She has staff to do that - they may just like to use them (and have them in the prop room).

That's very true Ann, but wouldn't be cool if she picked it up and said "Wow, this is a great bowl! I wonder where it came from? Oh, The Pampered Chef....I should get a few dozen of these so I'll have them in each of my homes" Now, THAT would be recognition!

That's pretty cool. I wished O was on during the mornings here. She doesn't come on til 4 here.

pamperedlinda said:
That's very true Ann, but wouldn't be cool if she picked it up and said "Wow, this is a great bowl! I wonder where it came from? Oh, The Pampered Chef....I should get a few dozen of these so I'll have them in each of my homes" Now, THAT would be recognition!
That would be very sweet!

I sent out a note to my newsletter group when the trifle bowl was on the show, and was very disappointed that no mention was made of it on air. Because of that fiasco, I don't even mention it anymore. (the appearance - I still talk about the trifle bowl)

Here are some pics of the SA pieces on her show.

Attachments

• 20071008_108_350x263.jpg
    20071008_108_350x263.jpg
    21.4 KB · Views: 566
  • 20071008_115_350x263.jpg
    20071008_115_350x263.jpg
    26.2 KB · Views: 592
  • 20071008_117_350x263.jpg
    20071008_117_350x263.jpg
    20.6 KB · Views: 497
kdawn1124 said:
Here are some pics of the SA pieces on her show.

wow, she really did have alot to show.

Thanks Kimberly. Cute displays. Is that Deb Lily with her?

It's Jerry Seinfeld's wife.

kdawn1124 said:
It's Jerry Seinfeld's wife.
Wow! I'd like to be her consultant! I heard that she just wrote a cookbook on how to make healthy food that your kids will eat.

pamperedlinda said:
Wow! I'd like to be her consultant! I heard that she just wrote a cookbook on how to make healthy food that your kids will eat.

Me too! Some of her recipes are on Oprah's site. I think I may try a few because my little one can be picky when it comes to eating healthy.

Last time when our Trifle Bowl as on, there was a page on her website that listed where she got the items in the gift that included the TB. Maybe she'll put something up soon because of all the inquiries! :D

Even if she did not mention it...people will recognize it if they have seen it in our catalog or if they see it in our catalog after they saw that...well people will remember that and when they see it they might want to buy it.

I think PC must send her stuff... did you notice that in the last picture was the appitizer plate & caddy?
Even though O hasn't mentioned us by name, I still tell people that our products have been used on her show for displays.

katie0128 said:
I think PC must send her stuff... did you notice that in the last picture was the appitizer plate & caddy?
Even though O hasn't mentioned us by name, I still tell people that our products have been used on her show for displays.

That is a really good idea...people like stuff like that...oh my it must be great if Oprah uses it...

I have been telling guests all about her "Party in a bowl" TB gift to her neighbors and audience and everyone oouuhhhs and awwhhhhs over it so I cannot wait to share she has used SA pieces on her show too! :)

I was wondering if anyone noticed. Oprah is on right now in West Michigan.

Oh my gosh. I was sooooo excited when I saw them on Oprah. Perfect to mention since SA is on special in November. Whenever I mention the oprah connection to the products, I definitely sell more of the products mentioned at that party. Now how to showcase it...????

I set up the DVR so I won't miss it.

I watched the program. I thought it was very good. I loved the way our products were displayed. I actually saw that cookbook at Sams Club on Wednesday. I didn't really pay a lot of attention to it. Now I wish I had. What great ideas she has. I wish I had done that when my kids were small.

I also saw the Salad Tongs next to the donuts.

I am going out tonight to get the recipe book. I love this idea since I fight all the time with my 3yo. It will be a great way to get my veggies in too, since I sometimes have a hard time with that!

Ironically i watched this about 2 hours ago with my handy dandy DVR from last week and leaned into the tv, and said, " I think those are our bowls'

I was going to watch it again b/c of the great tips..but also now to get a double take of all our stuff!!

I used to use my food chopper to chop onions, peppers, and even broccoli into very small pieces, but never thought about puree'. I loved the part when Jerry talked about her brownies. He called them the "Death Row Brownies".

Doesn't Oprah have the same entertainment designer as we do? What is her name? She did the entertaining guide for PC.

Maybe that's who is setting up her tables and using PC products.

Her name is Deb Lilly - and yes that is probably who she's getting them from.

I would love to send out an email showing the pics from the Oprah Show and the SA products! Has anyone done that?

any ideas???

I almost feel off my chair when I saw that episode!

HIjacking the topic for a second...

The book by Jessica Seinfeld is awesome!! Bought it last week at Sam's after the show was on, and have since tried the spaghetti w/ meatballs (butternut squash puree), chicken nuggets (broccoli puree), mashed potatoes (cauliflower puree), and brownies (beet puree). Everything was a huge hit!! This book is great - not only for kids who aren't fond of veggies, but big people too (like myself!).

Having the book and using the recipes also is a great way to open a conversation - talk about the book, and then btw did you see the PC items onthe show as well? :angel:

I would like to get that book, too. I can't find it at Sam's and I haven't taken the time to go to the bookstore. I'm trying not to spend money. Maybe after my November pay check I can afford to buy it, or maybe I'll ask for it for Christmas. In the meantime, I'll be letting all my show guests know that we were on Oprah!

1. What is Simple Additions and how can it help with healthy eating for kids?

Simple Additions is a line of serving dishes and accessories designed to make mealtime more fun and interactive for kids. By using these products, children are more likely to try new foods and eat healthier options.

2. Can Simple Additions be used for picky eaters?

Yes, Simple Additions can be a great tool for picky eaters. The interactive nature of the products can make mealtime more enjoyable and less intimidating for children who are hesitant to try new foods.

3. Are the Simple Additions products safe for children to use?

Yes, all Simple Additions products are made with high-quality materials and are safe for children to use. However, adult supervision is always recommended when children are using any kitchen tools or accessories.

4. How can I incorporate Simple Additions into my child's meals?

Simple Additions can be used in a variety of ways to make mealtime more fun and healthy for kids. Some ideas include using the round dots bowls for portion control, using the double bowl caddy for serving fruits and vegetables, and using the appetizer plates and caddy for offering a variety of healthy snacks.

5. Where can I purchase Simple Additions products?

You can purchase Simple Additions products through a Pampered Chef consultant or on the Pampered Chef website. They are also available at select retail locations.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
Kaitlyn cox
  • BlessedWifeMommy
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
BlessedWifeMommy
  • AlowayFamily
  • Sell Pampered Chef Items
Replies