• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Broken Dreams: My Simple Additions Bowl Accident

In summary, Tammy's bowl from her set broke and sliced her finger open. She is now trying to find a way to get a replacement.
ndbigler
Today I broke one of my Simple Additions bowls for my caddy set :cry: :cry: I sliced my finger open while I was trying to catch it... Since it hit the counter first, split in half, then proceeded to shatter into a million more pieces once it hit the floor. :cry: :cry:

I just signed up the end of this last August, and we also just moved. Our office is a wreck, and papers are everywhere. I don't have time or really the paitence to try and find my reciept. I know, I should have put it somewhere better. So, my question to you, is do you think if I call home office, will they send me a new bowl anyways without the reciept? Or is that just a long shot and I'm just hoping too much? I have a show coming up on the 25th AND I'M the only PC consultant in the area. Crazy huh? So I can't borrow any from anyone... :(

Go to Consultants corner. On the left side look for product adjustments. Scroll down and click the box and continue. You will be asked to put in the info for your show. Click on you can't remember. It will bring you to a new screen change the date to 2007 and click continue. You will look for the first show number and the date you signed up. It should have a G in the number. When you click on it you can find the small bowls and click on that. The rest is set up so you can see what to do.
It is still covered under warranty so you should be all set returning it ther.
Good luck! I hope your finger is ok.

Keep your pieces, they may request you send some back. When I signed, there was a promo that I could earn the SA rect platter and stand if I qualified in 30 days, or something like that. Well, at about my 6th or 7th show, I had the platter pack and my beloved nephew was over and offered to pack the car for me. I hear a *crash* and my heart sank. I thought it was my stone, which would've been disastrous. It was "just" my rectangular platter. I forgot all about the warranty, and just threw the pieces away, heartbroken. I was telling one of my best friends about, the one who hosted the party that got me re-hooked on PC (hadn't been to a show in probably 10 years), and she reminded me everything is under at least a 1-year warranty. So, I called HO and they said they would replace it. They asked for me to send the pieces, but I told them the above story, and the gal was very nice about it. She just send me the replacement. So, if it was part of your kit, there should not be any issue getting it replaced.

Good luck! And, as said above, I hope your finger is doing well.

Tammy

Better still- call the solution center on Monday morning and tell them that it was part of your kit and you need a replacement for a show. They'll ship out a replacement before they receive the pieces. (If they don't offer to do that, ask to speak to a supervisor.)

I called my director and she suggested exactly what chefann said. Thanks guys for the advice. My finger is doing fine, kind of throbbing a bit, but I'll live. Lol Thanks :)

1. What is "Broken Dreams: My Simple Additions Bowl Accident"?

"Broken Dreams: My Simple Additions Bowl Accident" is a cautionary tale written by a Pampered Chef consultant about a kitchen accident she experienced while using the Simple Additions bowl. It serves as a reminder to always use kitchen tools safely and follow instructions carefully.

2. How did the accident happen?

The consultant was using the Simple Additions bowl to mix a heavy dough, but did not realize that the bowl was not designed for heavy mixing. As a result, the bowl shattered and caused injury to her hand.

3. Is the Simple Additions bowl safe to use?

Yes, when used according to the instructions provided by Pampered Chef. The bowl is not designed for heavy mixing or use with hot liquids. It is important to always read and follow the safety instructions for any kitchen tool.

4. Can the Simple Additions bowl be replaced?

Yes, Pampered Chef offers a lifetime guarantee on their products. If the Simple Additions bowl breaks during normal use, it can be replaced at no cost by contacting their customer service.

5. How can I prevent accidents like this from happening?

Always read and follow the safety instructions for any kitchen tool. If you are unsure about the proper use of a tool, contact the manufacturer for clarification. It is also important to use caution and common sense while using kitchen tools, and to regularly inspect them for any signs of wear or damage.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
JAE
  • slapsappyhappy
  • Buy Pampered Chef Items
Replies
Views
Chef Elmer
  • RAWOLFI
  • Buy Pampered Chef Items
Replies