• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Have you tried the Salad Chopper yet?

In summary, the conversation between the participants involved their excitement and love for a kitchen gadget, specifically a salad chopper. They shared their experiences using it to make chicken salad and salsa, and discussed its usefulness for cutting noodles and shredding chicken. They also shared their forgetfulness and strategies for remembering important tasks. The conversation ends with one participant mentioning a failed party due to lack of reminder calls, and the others commiserating with their own forgetfulness.
ChefinHarmony
Okay, when I first saw these - I thought "OH MY!" and giggled. But now I LOVE THEM!! I made chicken salad for dinner. I chopped the romaine lettuce right in the strainer. Put mini-carrots in the small batter bowl - chopped them right up. (watch for flying carrots though) Chopped up my cherry tomatoes - maybe too fine, but I was having fun! Then went to town on my chicken breasts with them. Yum!! These are so neat - strong -and function well. Try them if you have them!! I plan to sell lots of these, as someone said it here "Scissors on Steriods" hee-hee...
Joanne

Imagine making salsa!!!

I'm a huge fan of them too. I like them for cutting up noodles for my 4yr old right in the bowl.

Made salsa last night. Fabulous! I can't wait to show these to customers. I think I'll sell tons.

Shoot - I just shredded a chicken (with my bare hands).....I totally forgot to try the salad chopper!

Do what I tell my customers. Leave new gadget-type tools out on your counter for a couple of weeks. When you see them, you'll remember to use them. Once you've used them a few times, you'll be programmed to look for them.

The funny thing is, I set my new TTA w/ all my new tools right by the stove, so I would remember tho use them! But, sometimes, I am just so blonde and spacy that I don't see things right in front of me!:rolleyes: I'm the one who sits things
in front of the door so I remember to take them w/ me when I leave, and then step over them to walk out the door! Is there any hope?
Maybe now that I've been reminded again - I'll remember to use them next time!

Ooh, been there. My DH teases me about never getting out of the house on the first try.

It's good to know that it's not just me!:D

Yeah, we could start a club, but would anyone remember to attend the meetings?

Totally OT....and sorry to hijack the thread, but that just reminded me...last week I had a host who absolutely positively refused to make reminder phone calls - she said she HATED getting those types of calls, and didn't want to bother people...if they wanted to come they would remember! I was flabbergasted! I told her that for me - if I didn't get a reminder call, no matter how much I wanted to be there, I had a good chance of forgetting!
At her party - 3 people showed up, and the host she booked from wasn't there. I said "You know, I am sure Pam really wanted to come, because she was so excited about getting a 60% skillet." She decided to call her...just in case...and said, "Becky, if she tells me she forgot, I will get down and kiss your feet". Well, guess what? Yep! Pam had forgotten, and was so disappointed she had!
Lesson learned, and she decide she should probably call some others to see if they wanted to place an order!:rolleyes:

So, were your feet all nice and pedicured when she kissed them or knarly and stinky?

Becky,
I have the same habit about sitting stuff at the door then I go out the back door Or my favorite I put stuff in my car to return /deliver & take the other car.
Teresa

raebates said:
So, were your feet all nice and pedicured when she kissed them or knarly and stinky?

I let her off the hook without a kiss or an "I told you so":D

Teresa Lynn said:
Becky,
I have the same habit about sitting stuff at the door then I go out the back door Or my favorite I put stuff in my car to return /deliver & take the other car.
Teresa
I've done that too - or my other favorite, where I stick it in the back seat of the car (this one's especially true of library books and/or DVD's) and arrive home with them still there! "Out of sight out of mind" works well for me, as does "I can't see what is staring me in the face".

ChefinHarmony said:
Okay, when I first saw these - I thought "OH MY!" and giggled. But now I LOVE THEM!! I made chicken salad for dinner. I chopped the romaine lettuce right in the strainer. Put mini-carrots in the small batter bowl - chopped them right up. (watch for flying carrots though) Chopped up my cherry tomatoes - maybe too fine, but I was having fun! Then went to town on my chicken breasts with them. Yum!! These are so neat - strong -and function well. Try them if you have them!! I plan to sell lots of these, as someone said it here "Scissors on Steriods" hee-hee...
Joanne

Years ago, when I worked in a local diner, we had 1 customer always order a chefs salad, but she wanted it chopped. It took us days to try to teach the guys in the kitchen what she meant ( they also spoke very little English) If any of you have had a Chefs Salad its usually Large slices of deli meat,cheeses,hard boiled eggs,cuccs,tomatoes etc...This woman wanted EVERYTHING chopped. Whenever she came in, the guys in the kitchen would curse...:eek: If only they had a pair of these!!!!:D :D :D

Ginger - call the diner and see if they want any!!!

cmdtrgd said:
Ginger - call the diner and see if they want any!!!

LOL....I was just thinking the same thing!:cool:

I'm going to try out the salsa this weekend. I think these are going to be great! I love the suggestions of leaving your new items out on the counter. Thanks for that tip, Rae.

I hadn't thought of chopping chicken with it. I definitely need a pair!

What is a salad chopper and how does it work?

A salad chopper is a kitchen tool specifically designed for chopping and mixing ingredients for salads. It typically consists of two sharp, curved blades attached to a handle. To use, simply place your ingredients in a bowl and use the chopper in a rocking motion to chop and mix everything together.

Can I use a salad chopper for other foods besides salad?

Yes, a salad chopper can be used for a variety of kitchen tasks such as chopping herbs, mincing garlic, or even cutting pizza into slices. Just make sure to wash it thoroughly before using it for a different type of food.

Is a salad chopper dishwasher safe?

Yes, most salad choppers are dishwasher safe. However, it is always recommended to check the product instructions before placing it in the dishwasher to ensure it is safe for cleaning.

Do I need to use a cutting board when using a salad chopper?

No, a salad chopper is designed to be used directly in a bowl or on a flat surface. However, if you are using it on a delicate surface, such as a wooden table, it is recommended to use a cutting board to protect the surface.

Can I sharpen the blades of a salad chopper?

No, the blades of a salad chopper are typically not meant to be sharpened. However, if you notice the blades becoming dull, it may be time to replace the chopper for optimal performance.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• cheflorraine
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
patty42240
Replies
Views
Staci
  • avelissar
  • Products and Tips
Replies