• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Have you tried roasting veggies on sheet pans?

In summary, the experts recommend using a sheet pan to roast vegetables. They recommend using a variety of vegetables and seasoning them according to taste. They also recommend using a stone to ensure even cooking.
c00p
Gold Member
Hello again - still doing research/planning for my "guinea pig" show this coming Friday and I've searched, but no luck on this. ANYWAY - here's my question: have any of you roasted veggies on the new sheet pans yet? If so, what veggies did you use? How high of a temp, how long and what seasoning?
I was thinking of potatoes, carrots, onion (red or yellow), squash, zucchini, asparagus, red bell pepper and of course, garlic. Maybe citrus and basil rub?? Any help and suggestions would be awesome!!

No, I haven't done that yet, but here is what I do on my other, non PC pans to roast red bell peppers.
I turn the broiler on high (I have a low broil setting too.) I put the rack on the highest position first. Let the oven warm up for a few minutes (according to my oven's directions). Place foil on the sheet pan with some hanging over each side. Broil for about 8 minutes, or until the peppers are blackened, totally. I hear popping sounds and it smells up my house. I try to remember to turn my vent on really high. Take them out of the oven and fold the extra foil over the peppers to completely cover the peppers. They steam themselves. Wait about 15 minutes or even until they are completely cool. The skins will peel right off. I stand over the garbage and just drop the peels in there. I put the peppers into a container and when I go to use them, there is a ton of juice that I pour out and use for salad dressing. Very good.

Just tonight I did parsnips, sweet potatoes, yukon gold potatoes, carrots and fennel. I just used a little olive oil and salt and pepper, but would be good with anything on them. I did 350 for about 40-45 minutes.

I think I saw a demo of this on the "spring into success!" dvd that came with my last supply order. They roasted veggies at 450 with salt, pepper, and olive oil and then took them out and grated parmesean(sp?) cheese and finished them in the broiler. It looked great!

I do a recipe similar to Lamar Jeffries' for root vegetables like potatoes, carrots, parsnips, onions, etc.
EVOO, salt & pepper, pressed garlic. I mix it all together with my hands. 350-400F for about 45 minutes to an hour. Keep all the chunks fairly uniform in size, and keep them one layer deep. If you do them on a stone, no need to turn them so they get evenly browned.

Zucchini, asparagus, red bell pepper and other softer vegetables won't take as long - perhaps 20 minutes, instead of 45.

DH does Fingerling POtatoes for 35-40 minutes at 375-400. He tosses them with olive oil, garlic and shallots (gratedon the microplane) and a whole lot of PC Rosemary-Herb...they're a HUGE hit!

ChefClairissa said:
I think I saw a demo of this on the "spring into success!" dvd that came with my last supply order.
Oops - guess that shows that I haven't watched mine yet!! :p

I didn't even think about the differences for softer veggies vs. root veggies. Maybe I could use both of my sheet pans for each type. You guys rock! :thumbup:

c00p said:
Oops - guess that shows that I haven't watched mine yet!! :p

I didn't even think about the differences for softer veggies vs. root veggies. Maybe I could use both of my sheet pans for each type. You guys rock! :thumbup:

GO AND WATCH YOUR VIDEO!!

I've done mushrooms, grape tomatoes, squash, onions, peppers, asparagas and potatoes on non-PC pans. Just toss them in EVOO, s&p and garlic and throw them in a 450 oven till everything is nice and brown and squishy (that's the technical term), mixing/turning a few times during cooking.

SOOOOOO GOOOOOOOD! :D :love: :chef:

1. How do I prevent my veggies from sticking to the sheet pan?

To prevent your veggies from sticking, make sure to coat your sheet pan with a layer of cooking oil or non-stick spray before placing the vegetables on it. You can also line the pan with parchment paper for even easier clean-up.

2. What is the best temperature for roasting vegetables on a sheet pan?

The best temperature for roasting vegetables on a sheet pan is typically between 375-425 degrees Fahrenheit. This allows the veggies to cook evenly and develop a delicious caramelized exterior.

3. How often should I stir or flip my vegetables while roasting?

It is recommended to stir or flip your vegetables about halfway through the cooking time. This helps to ensure that all sides of the vegetables are evenly cooked and allows for maximum flavor development.

4. Can I roast different types of vegetables together on the same sheet pan?

Absolutely! Roasting different types of vegetables together on the same sheet pan is a great way to save time and add variety to your meal. Just make sure to cut the vegetables into similar sizes to ensure even cooking.

5. How long should I roast my vegetables on a sheet pan?

The roasting time for vegetables on a sheet pan can vary depending on the type and size of the vegetables. In general, most vegetables will take around 20-30 minutes to roast at 375-425 degrees Fahrenheit. It is best to check on the vegetables and remove them from the oven when they are tender and slightly browned.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• PamperedK
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Brenda.the.chef
  • pamperedbybarbara
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
tinawhite07
  • JackieB999