• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Have You Tried Pre-Baked Noodles for Easy Lasagna?

In summary, the conversation is mainly about what people are cooking for dinner or lunch, with some mention of upcoming events and fundraisers. There are a variety of dishes being prepared, such as chicken in the crockpot, meatballs and potatoes, lasagna, and greek chicken pasta salad. The weather is also discussed, with some areas experiencing unusually cold temperatures. There is also mention of a fundraiser turning into a Power Cooking Clinic, and a discussion about charity fatigue and its potential impact on fundraising efforts.
rennea
Gold Member
Anyone making a new recipe today?

We are having seafood and rice today. With Rhubarb sour cream pie for dessert :)

Nope, not new...roast put in crockpot this morning...slow cooking ALL day - should be nice and tender this evening.

I'm worn out from the long holiday weekend - and it seems like I was cooking nonstop! Hoping we can have something simple tonight for dinner - like ham & cheese sandwiches and chips.

I'm also trying to get ready for my Power Cooking Clinic I am hosting here tomorrow night! I have at least 2 people coming who are strong candidates for signing at the show, and I have 2 good outside orders already, plus 10 so far who have rsvp'd, and I haven't started making reminder calls yet!

So - tonight really needs to be simple!

I put chicken breasts in the crockpot with dry italian dressing seasoning on them. Not sure what I'll have with them.

I just gotta figure something out for lunch! :D

I've been assisting my aunt and cousin with student loan forms, so they are treating me to dinner at Squan Tavern ~ Home Page We are just getting pizza, which is very good there...but my favorite is gnocchi gorgonzola....YUM!

crystalscookingnow said:
I put chicken breasts in the crockpot with dry italian dressing seasoning on them

YUMMMY, this sounds good!!!

Can I ask for details? how many chicken breast? water? one package of dressing? how long?

thanks

I'm going the easy route, too: meatballs from Ikea and boiled redskin potatoes, with Lingonberry jam (also from Ikea) on the side. And I'll make a veggie, too, probably green beans or broccoli.

I'm just trying it out for the first time!

I did 4 large chicken breasts (boneless, skinless), one packet of seasoning & 1/2-3/4 c. water (I don't remember the exact amount!). They were frozen when I put them in, so I'm just going to let them cook until they're done, probably 6 hours on low.

I have no idea what I'm going to serve with it!

I have my ACS fundraiser tomorrow (that I'm not completely ready for) so tonight DH is in charge. Probably hamburgers on the grill and leftover veggies from the fridge. I know I want a salad.

Since it's so cold here today (we'll be lucky if it reaces 60 degrees) I thought I'd stick a lasagna in the oven and make some french bread...and probably a salad as our veggie. :)

This is the strangest, AND coldest spring/summer that I remember here in the Twin Cities! Brrrrr-last night they told us to cover our flowers because it was going to get down in the 20's and 30's! WUWT??? (what's up with that!?!)

Kitchen Diva said:
Since it's so cold here today (we'll be lucky if it reaces 60 degrees) I thought I'd stick a lasagna in the oven and make some french bread...and probably a salad as our veggie. :)

This is the strangest, AND coldest spring/summer that I remember here in the Twin Cities! Brrrrr-last night they told us to cover our flowers because it was going to get down in the 20's and 30's! WUWT??? (what's up with that!?!)

Yeah, I posted on Kelly's thread that I'd gladly send her the cold weather...it got in the 20s by us last night and about 35 this a.m. when I left the house.

We had one of these spring/summers about 8 years ago...not fun...

I am eating the Greek Chicken Pasta Salad I made yesterday for lunch today here at work...I JUST realized that if I add tomatoes, and would change the pasta from bowtie to angel hair, it would taste almost just like Olive Garden's Capellini Pomodoro. I think it is due to the Basil Blend Canola Oil I used.

pamperedlinda said:
I have my ACS fundraiser tomorrow (that I'm not completely ready for) so tonight DH is in charge. Probably hamburgers on the grill and leftover veggies from the fridge. I know I want a salad.

I tried a fundraiser....couldn't get anyone to show interest or respond....I turned it into a Power Cooking Clinic, and now have a good sized show happening.:confused: I wonder if that says something about the economy? I've also been reading a bit about "charity fatigue" - where, because of all of the natural catastrophes recently, people feel like they've given so much to different charities, and aren't as willing to give any more......

ChefBeckyD said:
I tried a fundraiser....couldn't get anyone to show interest or respond....I turned it into a Power Cooking Clinic, and now have a good sized show happening.:confused: I wonder if that says something about the economy? I've also been reading a bit about "charity fatigue" - where, because of all of the natural catastrophes recently, people feel like they've given so much to different charities, and aren't as willing to give any more......
I was chatting with my mom and my aunt this weekend, and they mentioned that they won't buy pink products, and they each know several people who won't, either. They don't want to be known as "one of those breast cancer fanatics." Since cancer is the disease of the decade (remember how everything in the '90s was AIDS-related?), I think people are just getting (no pun intended) sick of it.

<end hijack>

chefann said:
I was chatting with my mom and my aunt this weekend, and they mentioned that they won't buy pink products, and they each know several people who won't, either. They don't want to be known as "one of those breast cancer fanatics." Since cancer is the disease of the decade (remember how everything in the '90s was AIDS-related?), I think people are just getting (no pun intended) sick of it.

<end hijack>

Hijack unended!

That may have something to do with it too...I had a show a couple weeks ago with an older lady, and in host coaching, I started talking about HWC, and the guest specials, and she pretty much told me not to talk about it much at her show - she knows it's there, but she wanted this to be a fun show, and she didn't want everyone to get all depressed and down at her show thinking about breast cancer....

Just popping in this thread....& I love that idea Becky, of the power cooking clinic! Are you just hosting the show & demo'ing, or are they bringing ingredients & preparing too?
My HWC fundraiser is tonight & I'm praying for good sales....for ACS, plus myself-I really need the sales this month.

I think I am making a lasagna tonight too! DS4 has T-ball tonight so DH will take him, so it will be a good thing to have in the oven while they are gone and it will be done by the time they get home. It's overcast here today too, so it sounds nice to have the oven going with something yummy smelling in it!

lacychef said:
Just popping in this thread....& I love that idea Becky, of the power cooking clinic! Are you just hosting the show & demo'ing, or are they bringing ingredients & preparing too?
My HWC fundraiser is tonight & I'm praying for good sales....for ACS, plus myself-I really need the sales this month.

I am doing the 30 Minute Chicken, and while that is in the microwave, We are doing an interactive Power Cooking Demo. Then, 3 people will get to take a meal home with them (doing a drawing for that) for the freezer. I'm doing them with chicken, but will pass out the ground beef recipe version to everyone who attends.

I made up really cool postcard invitations on VistaPrint, but I can't figure out how to copy it to here.....

But the front says:

Becky Deemter & The Pampered Chef (r)
Invite You and A friend to experience
A POWER COOKING CLINIC
Wednesday, May 28th
7:00pm - 8:30pm

address
rsvp to:

NEW! Learn how to create 3 delicious meals and
package them for your freezer all in 30 minutes or less!

Then, on the back, it says:

Come to this Power Cooking Clinic and learn how to make 3 meals in under 30 minutes, and at less than $2 per serving!

As a bonus, we will be doing a drawing, and 3 lucky winners will go home with one of the meals for their freezer!

This is a fun, interactive show, and everyone will be able to be hands-on with the tools.

Bring a friend, and receive a great gift!
Book a show, and I have another great gift for you!

There will be surprises and give-aways throughout the evening!

Hope you can come, because this is going to be fun!

RSVP info again...

Sorry for the highjack, and if I've missed you talking about this before Becky; but that is AWESOME! I may have to do that next month:thumbup: Be sure to post your results!

Becky how will you be serving the chicken? Is that your tasting recipe for the party? Are you having any other food there?

Kitchen Diva said:

Lasagna, my fav, I'm coming to your house for dinner, since I forgot to take something out of the freezer. It may be mishmash at our house tonight.

Chef Kearns said:
Becky how will you be serving the chicken? Is that your tasting recipe for the party? Are you having any other food there?

Most of the people coming have already seen and tasted the chicken - this is sort of a trial run for me for a new show format....so I invited past hosts, preferred customers, and good friends to critique the show. I plan on having appetizers ready when they get here - Greek Cheese Torta, Fruit Salsa & chips, and Spa Water.....then, if they want to sample the chicken, they are more than welcome to do so....I may have them do some biscuit bites to go with it, if we have too many hands and not enough tasks! I have a couple new friends who are coming - met them through my son's preschool class - who were completely enthralled with a 30 minute chicken dinner, so I decided to incorporate that into the Power Cooking Clinic - then, you can actually make 4 meals in 30 minutes!:thumbup:

So, to answer your question (finally!:rolleyes: :eek: ) I will probably just plunk the chicken down on a plate and let them hack away at it....which is what I normally do for a 30 minute chicken show anyway!:D

crystalscookingnow said:
I put chicken breasts in the crockpot with dry italian dressing seasoning on them. Not sure what I'll have with them.

I just gotta figure something out for lunch! :D
I don't know what I do wrong, but every time I've tried to make chicken in the crockpot (I can count that on one hand!), it's always dry. I must cook it too long, but I've never been happy with how chicken turns out for me. Maybe I need to find some better recipes!

These are fun threads....I don't know what I'm making for dinner tonight. It may be leftovers from yesterday. Egg salad (it's the first time in 5 years I've actually used my Egg Slicer for eggs!!) and a mixture of odds and ends- a cheeseburger, some leftover pasta and fruit salad (although the kids have eaten most of that). Hmmm, not much of a dinner. I may need to find something else easy to make that doesn't require defrosting meat. I always forget to do that in enough time.

Kitchen Diva said:

Us too! I hate this weird weather. It has only been around 51-52 here today:thumbdown: . And yesterday it was 80!!! It's crazy here. Oooohhhhh, soup may be a good one today. I wonder what I have on hand....

grilled chicken
steamed broccoli
salad
saffron rice
my oldest son is cooking we found out today my DD has low blood sugar so he is determined to cook better and entice her to eat.

I have no idea. Maybe a Taco Ring with Rice and Beans. I have taco seasoned meat in the freezer.

I'm having leftovers. I'm making chicken & noodles with flaky taters for The Furry Guy. And, in case you're wondering, flaky taters are instant mashed potatoes--as opposed to "real" mashed potatoes.

raebates said:
I'm having leftovers. I'm making chicken & noodles with flaky taters for The Furry Guy. And, in case you're wondering, flaky taters are instant mashed potatoes--as opposed to "real" mashed potatoes.

My DH will only eat flaky taters. He likes them better than real ones - go figure!

janetupnorth said:
My DH will only eat flaky taters. He likes them better than real ones - go figure!
The first time I ever made real mashed potatoes was when the Mix N Masher came out!! I had to try it for myself because I thought there was NO way that was going to mash potatoes. I've made them a few times since then and I love real mashed potatoes, especially using that Mix N Masher!

*Sigh* Couldn't let the guys on the roof eat ham & cheese sandwiches for supper - so again...

I did:
Grilled Chicken which had been marinating in Italian Dressing, honey, and lime juice all afternoon.
Corn on the Cob (cheated here - bought it frozen yesterday from Schwans - but man is that corn GOOD!)
Sweet Potatoes
Spinach Salad.

then they had ice cream for dessert, and now they are all gone, and I can get some work done!

We have a fondness for flaky taters here at the Bates Motel. We also have a fondness for mashed potatoes, baked potatoes, fried potatoes, potatoes au gratin, . . .You get the idea.

mmm... reminds me of the scene in Lord of the Rings wherein Sam explains potatoes to Gollum: Po-ta-toes. You can fry 'em, mash 'em...

pamperedbecky said:
I don't know what I do wrong, but every time I've tried to make chicken in the crockpot (I can count that on one hand!), it's always dry. I must cook it too long, but I've never been happy with how chicken turns out for me. Maybe I need to find some better recipes!

These are fun threads....I don't know what I'm making for dinner tonight. It may be leftovers from yesterday. Egg salad (it's the first time in 5 years I've actually used my Egg Slicer for eggs!!) and a mixture of odds and ends- a cheeseburger, some leftover pasta and fruit salad (although the kids have eaten most of that). Hmmm, not much of a dinner. I may need to find something else easy to make that doesn't require defrosting meat. I always forget to do that in enough time.

I did mine tonight for the first time & thought I'd report back. It was really yummy! :) I did the chicken (frozen), dry italian dressing seasoning & 1/2-3/4 c. water. I cooked that on low from 10:30a - 3:00p today. Then I took the chicken out. I added frozen broccoli, sliced mushrooms & cream of mushroom soup to the broth that was in the cooker. I then put the chicken back in & cooked it on high for 1 1/2 hours. The chicken literally fell apart as I was taking it out. I served it on noodles, but I think mashed taters would be better.

Well I just ate a REALLY good roast that slow cooked in water and lipton onion soup for 12 hours! It fell apart and was tender and wonderful (got to love home grown cows!).I cheated (like I did with the roast) and made a package of Betty Crocker Roasted Garlic mashed potatoes and a package of brown gravy. Kids got peas on the side too.Simple, easy dinner yet delicious - got to love those!

Oh my goodness, my lasagna turned out really yummy!! I used the pre-baked noodles from Barilla. Have any of you used those? I've been using them for a while now. Makes a lasagna so easy to put together, it took maybe 20 minutes, including browning the meat. If you haven't tried them you should! (Oh and I just used the recipe on the back of the box for the lasagna.)

1. What are pre-baked noodles and how do they make lasagna easier?

Pre-baked noodles are lasagna noodles that have been partially cooked before being packaged and sold. They make lasagna easier because they do not require boiling before assembling the dish, saving time and effort in the preparation process.

2. Do I need to adjust the cooking time if I use pre-baked noodles?

Yes, the cooking time should be reduced by about 10 minutes when using pre-baked noodles. This is because they are already partially cooked and will not need as much time to bake in the oven.

3. Are pre-baked noodles just as delicious as regular lasagna noodles?

Yes, pre-baked noodles are just as tasty as regular lasagna noodles. They have been specially formulated to hold up well in the lasagna dish and still have a great texture and taste.

4. Can I substitute pre-baked noodles for regular noodles in any lasagna recipe?

Yes, pre-baked noodles can be used in any lasagna recipe that calls for regular noodles. Just be sure to adjust the cooking time accordingly.

5. Is Pampered Chef the only brand that sells pre-baked lasagna noodles?

No, there are other brands that sell pre-baked lasagna noodles as well. However, we at Pampered Chef pride ourselves on the high quality of our products and believe that our pre-baked noodles are the best on the market.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• pctharper
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
yourchef23
Replies
Views
KindaichiShota
  • pamperedbybarbara
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies