• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Have You Tried Fluted Stone Cake with Cola Instead of Traditional Ingredients?

In summary, Has anyone tried to make a cake with cola in lieu of eggs, water and oil in the fluted pan? If so, how did it come out. It comes out very moist! Would you recommend trying it?
pamperedmomto3
Has anyone tried to make a cake with cola in lieu of eggs, water and oil in the fluted pan? If so, how did it come out.

It comes out very moist!

Would you recommend trying it? Do you put the mix in and then the frosting on top of that? Thanks!

I did an orange one with diet orange soda - it was very moist but I wouldn't do it for the first time at a show. Try it at home first. I used Bakers Joy (Like Pam but with flour in the spray) and use quite a bit. I didn't put the frosting in because I was doing Weight Watchers at the time. I didn't think it needed frosting because it was so moist.

Made it tonight and it was delicious!!! I used a chocolate cake with 1 diet coke. Used 1/2 can of coconut and pecan frosting (YUM!) and cooked it for 10 minutes. While I don't do weight watchers I always look for ways to cut fat and calories. Love chocolate so I spend a significant time on the treadmill. So worth it to eat tasty treats!

Recipe?Would one of you mind posting the recipe? This sounds good and I just got a fluted stoneware that I need to break in. I looked in the files and couldn't find it.

Chocolate w/diet soda sounds good! My screen name on other sites is chocomommy. I have a problem. :D

I would also love the recipes if someone has to share..

Thank you

It is just a cake mix and a can of diet cola (or I guess regular would work also). So if you are doing Chocolate you can do a dark cola - lemon or light cake do a diet 7-up or something light, I did an orange cake mix with Diet Orange Slice or something. Anyway - the mix, the can of soda and mix it together... put in a prepared fluted pan (or any prepared pan) and bake. You're done! The previous post mentioned the frosting and you would put your batter in the fluted pan, then before you cook it dollop the frosting on the top of the cake (which will be the bottom). The frosting will sink during baking and go to the top of the cake.

I have never heard of this cake before. I am definitely going to try it.

Need to know asap it is waiting to be cooked.

Is this in the microwave? If not then how long do you cook it in the oven and on what degrees? Thanks Michelle

pcgogetter said:
Need to know asap it is waiting to be cooked.

Is this in the microwave? If not then how long do you cook it in the oven and on what degrees? Thanks Michelle

You can do it in either. I've found cakes take about 13-15 min in the micro in the Fluted pan. In the oven, I'd bake as directed.

I also use canola oil and brush it in the pan rather than canned cooking spray.

hperschnick said:
It is just a cake mix and a can of diet cola (or I guess regular would work also). So if you are doing Chocolate you can do a dark cola - lemon or light cake do a diet 7-up or something light, I did an orange cake mix with Diet Orange Slice or something. Anyway - the mix, the can of soda and mix it together... put in a prepared fluted pan (or any prepared pan) and bake. You're done! The previous post mentioned the frosting and you would put your batter in the fluted pan, then before you cook it dollop the frosting on the top of the cake (which will be the bottom). The frosting will sink during baking and go to the top of the cake.

Thanks for the info. I definitely need to try this! I can think of many yummy combinations!

You can also use a 3-2-1 cake recipe. 3 eggs, 2 cups (approx. 16 oz) of sour cream and 1 cake mix. This is about the only way I have done the microwave cakes.

10 minutes in the microwave and it was soooo delicious!

ooh yum, I'm so excited about these! Thanks!Another idea is to add pie filling to the top of the cake (after it is cooked and inverted, like a garnish).

I use the 3-2-1 cake mix a lot. Family favorite is with a chocolate cake mix and then I add 3/4 cup of Kahlua ... YUMMY. When it cools, I just sprinkle powdered sugar on it. :chef:

pkd09 said:
I use the 3-2-1 cake mix a lot. Family favorite is with a chocolate cake mix and then I add 3/4 cup of Kahlua ... YUMMY. When it cools, I just sprinkle powdered sugar on it. :chef:

ooh, I have a group of friends that would so LOVE that!! I'll have to try it.

pkd09 -
With the Kahlua, do you still use 3 eggs, 16 oz. sour cream, cake mix PLUS the 3/4 C. Kahlua? Or do you substitute one of the ingredients?

with the kalua cake I only used 1 cup sour cream but next time will use 1.5 cups of sour cream. It was quite delicious

You can also do a recipe that's in the all the best (I think) and use a box of chocolate cake mix, two eggs and a can of cherry pie filling. Mix it together and put in the fluted pan in the microwave for 14 minutes. VERY yummy!! We did it at a show and they loved it.

redsoxgirl said:
I also use canola oil and brush it in the pan rather than canned cooking spray.

Or use the kitchen spritzer... why not show another product! :love:

Has anyone ever done the cola cake in the rice cooker plus? (just the cola and cake mix) Did you use cooking spray or oil on the cooker?

Last edited:
I love to use the flavored cake mixes like butter pecan or carrot cake with Diet 7UP! I brought this to my Gram's for dessert and told everyone it was 1 weight watcher point for 3 little mini muffins and then after they complimented it was so good, I told them I made it with diet 7up! They were shocked!

Its great for Lactose intolerant people or Vegans!

Related to Have You Tried Fluted Stone Cake with Cola Instead of Traditional Ingredients?

1. What is a Fluted Stone?

A Fluted Stone is a baking tool made from natural stoneware that is designed to evenly distribute heat and create a crispy crust on baked goods.

2. How do I use the Fluted Stone with Cola Cake?

To use the Fluted Stone with Cola Cake, preheat your oven and place the stone in the oven to heat up. Then, pour your prepared Cola Cake batter into the stone and bake according to the recipe instructions. The Fluted Stone will help create a delicious and evenly baked cake with a crispy crust.

3. Can I use the Fluted Stone with other types of cakes?

Yes, the Fluted Stone can be used with a variety of baked goods, including cakes, breads, and even pizza. The natural stoneware material helps to evenly distribute heat and create a delicious, crispy crust on any type of baked good.

4. Do I need to grease the Fluted Stone before baking?

No, the Fluted Stone does not need to be greased before baking. The natural stoneware material has a non-stick surface that will prevent your baked goods from sticking. However, you can lightly spray the stone with cooking spray if desired.

5. How do I clean and care for my Fluted Stone?

To clean your Fluted Stone, allow it to cool completely after use and then rinse with warm water and a mild dish soap. Do not use any abrasive cleaners or scrubbers, as they can damage the stone. Allow the stone to air dry before storing it. The more you use your Fluted Stone, the more seasoned it will become, creating a natural non-stick surface.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• RoseAndrews
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
awjacks1105
  • frozenchef
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Staci
  • wadesgirl