• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Have You Seen This Incredible Video?

In summary, Ginger shares that her SD sent her a link to a video about breast cancer that she had never heard of before. She also shares that she is sharing the link with her friends and family and that she is more cautious after watching the video. Finally, Janet shares that her mom has had breast cancer twice and that both her daughters-in-law have recently had mammograms.
Ginger428
Gold Member
My SD just sent this to me & I would like to share with anyone who wants to watch it! I have never heard of it...

http://komonews.s3.amazonaws.com/ibc/komo_ibc.wmv

wow! I've never heard of it either - scarey.

I just had all my tests, but now I'll know to look for other things...:)

Thankfully through my Aunt, who is a former ER Nurse, I have heard of this and now I am more careful to study the appearance as well as the monthly "grope and squeeze testing" :)

Thank you for sharing this with us, Ginger- now, let's go tell everyone to go look at and touch their own B**bies! :) (for medical purposes of course!) ;)

Thanks for posting. I've never heard of this.

Wow - Ginger - AWESOME POST! (did Sue send it to you>)

WOW Ginger. NEVER heard of this. Thank you.

Thank you so much for posting this!! Such an eye-opener. I have saved the link and am sending it on to ALL of my email list!! I too had never heard of this.
Thanks again

PamperedDor said:
Wow - Ginger - AWESOME POST! (did Sue send it to you>)

Yes she did...;)

pampered.chris said:
Thank you so much for posting this!! Such an eye-opener. I have saved the link and am sending it on to ALL of my email list!! I too had never heard of this.
Thanks again

I know...its really scary!!

WOW! I can't believe the 16 year old who died from it! When I think of breast cancer, I think of women in their 40's and up. It's so scary to think that you could have something that life threatening and never know! Thank you for posting this. I have been having some itching for a while and just chalked it up to breast feeding, but now I might call my MD!

Can't view the link on here, but if it is breast cancer related at all, be sure to get your mammograms!!!!My mom has had breast cancer twice and hers was in a fibrous tissue - never would have found a lump - only seen on mammograms.I had to fight with an OB-GYN to get them to start mammograms at age 30 for me rather than 40 (even though it was covered by insurance)!!!!Because I don't drink or smoke, it reduced my risk greatly, but I kept reminding them that the genetic factor is there!I'd rather have a little squeeze than leave my kids without a mom while so young!

Oh Janet once again you rock!

Tammy ARRT (R)(M)(QM)(CT)
(The M is for mammographer for 20 years)
R- for radiographer
QM- for quality management
CT-for computerized tomography

Thank you so much for posting this!!!

Breast cancer has effected my family for years. Now my 24yr old daughter-n-law is having her third mamo for two new lumps. She has already had one removed 4yrs ago. Lucky it was NOT cancer, we are hoping for the same outcome.

This video is quite the eye opener! I like many above me am sending this to everyone on my email list. I think I may even put the link into my next newsletter. Hope you all do the same.

I will be bumping this one to the top for a long time.

Carol

Last edited:
janetupnorth said:
Can't view the link on here, but if it is breast cancer related at all, be sure to get your mammograms!!!!

My mom has had breast cancer twice and hers was in a fibrous tissue - never would have found a lump - only seen on mammograms.

I had to fight with an OB-GYN to get them to start mammograms at age 30 for me rather than 40 (even though it was covered by insurance)!!!!

Because I don't drink or smoke, it reduced my risk greatly, but I kept reminding them that the genetic factor is there!

I'd rather have a little squeeze than leave my kids without a mom while so young!

Janet,
sorry you can not see it. Its called Inflammatory Breast Cancer. Maybe you can get some info on it somewhere else...

Bumping for the morning people....

Hey Ginger, you bet me to it!

Thanks for posting this, I just sent it to all my friends and family. We have never heard of it either.

Linda C.

janetupnorth said:
Can't view the link on here, but if it is breast cancer related at all, be sure to get your mammograms!!!!

My mom has had breast cancer twice and hers was in a fibrous tissue - never would have found a lump - only seen on mammograms.

I had to fight with an OB-GYN to get them to start mammograms at age 30 for me rather than 40 (even though it was covered by insurance)!!!!

Because I don't drink or smoke, it reduced my risk greatly, but I kept reminding them that the genetic factor is there!

I'd rather have a little squeeze than leave my kids without a mom while so young!

the report said mammograms couldnt detect this cancer - mri's can though.
i cant believe a 16 year old died from it. i was literally just thinking about this last night. how weird. im only 22 but have a history of breast cancer in my family - so i try to be very aware even at my age. now i know of more to look for & im sending this to every woman i know.

ps. that was our news lady :D

janetupnorth said:

My mom's was the same way. I'm now slated to start mine at 36 (mom was 46 when hers was detected).

I don't drink or smoke either, but my medical charts have the age 36 plastered all over them.

cwinter474 said:
Hey Ginger, you bet me to it!

I'm the early bird...I sign on at 5AM eastern...:)

Afternoon bump

cwinter474 said:
Afternoon bump

Now for the nightly bump! Just want to make sure enough people see this....

It's pretty scary!! Pass this email around to every women that you know!

I'm trying, thats why I keep bumping it...

Bumping again....

Bumping again...

Bumping for everyone who maybe has missed this one.

Thanks girls for keeping this going. I'm back at school now, so I'm not here as much....:D

Ginger, I was at the doctor with my husband this morning, he is in the Cancer part of the hospital, so I did some asking around about this, I was amazed by the lack of knowledge out there. I have a list of 7 emails from doctors and their staff that I am sending a link to. Scary!

Wow, I hope your husband is ok? Yes it is scary!

Ginger428 said:
Wow, I hope your husband is ok? Yes it is scary!

Sorry I wrote that wrong, the doctor's office is in the cancer part of the hospital. NOT my husband. He is severely anemic and they haven't been able to pin down why so we were there for testing.

PHEW!! Thats alot better! :D

Anybody have any ideas as to what I could do to help my hubby, who is severely anemic? What I could fix him to eat or drink?

cwinter474 said:
Anybody have any ideas as to what I could do to help my hubby, who is severely anemic? What I could fix him to eat or drink?

Exchanged messages with Janet, she says it's best to wait and see WHY he is anemic before we do anything. Great, waiting is so not a good trait of mine. Prayers welcome.

Time for a bump.....

Just found out the link no longer works. That's crazy.

Anyone have a new link to the video?

I've been on 3 different computers and all of them are telling me that access is denied and I really want to know what this is. Is it possibly the breast cancer that eats at the areola?

ragschef said:
I've been on 3 different computers and all of them are telling me that access is denied and I really want to know what this is. Is it possibly the breast cancer that eats at the areola?

I don't know why it did that. I even went to snopes.com & its on there with ALOT of info on it, but the link won't work. here is the link to snopes...

snopes.com: Inflammatory Breast Cancer

Thought I would bump this now that we have a working link again........thanks GINGER!

Todays bump.....

Has anyone heard anything about this? I'm wondering if there is any talk about it in the medical field?

This new test for breast cancer promises no false positives
or negatives

Don't be surprised if some day in the near future your dentist suggests he tests you for breast cancer.

Researchers at the University of Texas Health Science Center (Houston, TX), along with scientists at several cancer research centers, recently made a huge discovery. They found that women with breast cancer carry different proteins than women who have no malignancy. In fact, they found that women who are healthy, have breast cancer, or have a benign tumor all carry different proteins.

What's more, these researchers found a very easy, non-invasive way to figure out which proteins you carry. That's because we carry these proteins in our saliva. This means that a simple saliva test could show whether or not you have breast cancer. And the test is so simple your dentist could do it the next time you get your teeth cleaned.

How accurate is the test? It's so accurate that this new test could completely eliminate false positive and false negative results.

This group of researchers, headed by Dr. Charles Streckfus, an expert on human saliva and molecular epidemiology, recently compared the saliva from each of the three groups of people. They found 130 proteins — 49 of which were different between healthy patients and people with tumors. Some of these proteins were unique to benign breast tumors.

Mammograms can find tumors, but they can't tell you whether or not these tumors are malignant. This test can.

The researchers are hopeful that they can develop a diagnostic test that can detect a cancer even before a tumor is formed.

Dr. Catherine M Flaitz, dean of the UT Dental Branch at Houston, is hopeful. "Dentistry has entered an exciting new era. On every front, our researchers are exploring links between oral health and the overall health of patients, often with astonishing findings. We're working to bring those discoveries out of the lab and into the real world of dentists' and physicians' offices."

As soon as this test becomes available, I'll be sure to tell you. So keep reading these weekly health alerts for the most recent information on diagnostic tests and therapies that can improve — and maybe even save your life.

Your voice of reason in women's health,
Dr. Nan

Charles F. Streckfus; et al, "Breast Cancer Related Proteins Are Present in Saliva and Are Modulated Secondary to Ductal Carcinoma In Situ of the Breast." Cancer Investigation, Published online on 10 January 2008.

Women's Health Alerts are a complimentary e-mail service from Women's Health Letter written by Nan Kathryn Fuchs, PhD.

Copyright © 2008 Soundview Communications, Inc.

WOW, now that is cool, this would be so much easier!!

Last edited:
My sister she saw something about this on either The Today Show or Good Morning America. Sounds like it could be a great new discovery!!

Related to Have You Seen This Incredible Video?

1. What is the video about?

The video is about a new product being introduced by Pampered Chef, a company that specializes in kitchen tools and cookware.

2. Who sent the video and why?

The video was sent by a Pampered Chef sales director to promote the new product to her team and potential customers.

3. Is the video only available through the link provided?

No, the video may also be available on Pampered Chef's social media pages or website.

4. What is the purpose of sharing the video?

The purpose of sharing the video is to generate interest and excitement about the new product and potentially drive sales for Pampered Chef.

5. Is the video only for Pampered Chef consultants or can anyone watch it?

Anyone can watch the video, as it is being shared to a wider audience for promotional purposes.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• pamperedlinda
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
sarahlegare
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
Replies
Views
Admin Greg