• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Will Our OCC Video Win? Vote Now!

In summary, "Ot- Operation Christmas Child" is a project by Samaritan's Purse that collects and distributes gift-filled shoeboxes to children in need around the world. Participants can pack a shoebox with items appropriate for a specific age and gender, and these boxes are then shipped to children in over 100 countries. There are various ways to participate, such as packing a shoebox, volunteering, or making a monetary donation. The suggested items for packing include school supplies, toys, hygiene items, and non-liquid items, and the deadline for dropping off shoeboxes is typically in mid-November. More information can be found on the Samaritan's Purse website.
chefmoseley
Gold Member
Please vote: Operation Christmas ChildMy church participates in 'Operation Christmas Child' every year. It is when we load shoe boxes and send it overseas to children in need. There are many other churches that participate as well. Our church made a video and it is on the OCC website. The decide the 'winning' video on Dec 9th.

We have entered PCBC's 'Fill A Box' video featuring our very own Marion Treadway & the Shoebox Sisters on ShoeTube! ShoeTube is an Operation Christmas Child video submission contest where churches submit original videos promoting OCC & sharing their shoebox stories.

Click on the link below (or paste it in your browser window) to watch the video again and to vote. They will announce the winner on December 9th. Feel free to send this to others who would enjoy our video - and more importantly vote for us!

http://www.occshoetube.com/component/content/article/34-church-stories/84-Fill-A-Box&gt

Last edited:
bumping for the evening people :)

I voted for you! That is adorable. Our church packs the shoe boxes every year , this year we did 80 shoe boxess. It is a lot of fun and very rewarding. Great job on the video!

I have not seen the video, but every year our Girl Scout troop does the shoe boxes and it has special meaning, all of the girls in our troop are amazing at the support they provide.

bump bump bump

That's an awesome program. My MIL is the coordinator for my town. This year she took 356 boxes to the relay center. Fun:)

1. What is "Ot- Operation Christmas Child"?

"Ot- Operation Christmas Child" is a project run by Samaritan's Purse, a Christian humanitarian organization, that collects and distributes gift-filled shoeboxes to children in need around the world.

2. How does "Ot- Operation Christmas Child" work?

Individuals, families, or groups can pack a shoebox with small toys, school supplies, and hygiene items for a specific age and gender. These boxes are then collected and shipped to children in over 100 countries. You can also build a box online and have it sent directly to a child.

3. How can I participate in "Ot- Operation Christmas Child"?

You can participate by packing a shoebox yourself, volunteering at a drop-off location, or making a monetary donation to cover the cost of shipping and other project expenses.

4. What items are appropriate to pack in a shoebox for "Ot- Operation Christmas Child"?

Some suggested items include school supplies, small toys, hygiene items, and non-liquid items such as hard candy or small games. For a full list of suggested items and restrictions, please visit the Samaritan's Purse website.

5. When is the deadline for dropping off shoeboxes for "Ot- Operation Christmas Child"?

The deadline for dropping off shoeboxes varies by location, but it is typically in mid-November. You can find the closest drop-off location and their specific deadlines on the Samaritan's Purse website.

Back