• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Have you found a replacement for the discontinued Consultant Planner by FC?

In summary, the conversation revolved around the availability of the consultant planner for the year 2008. The planner, which had features such as a host bonus and guest special booking goal column, is no longer being made. The speaker is disappointed and unsure of what to use now. There was confusion about whether the planner was from Franklin Covey or provided by Pampered Chef. It was clarified that the planner in question was the one with the meatballs on the front cover. The speaker expressed hope that the customer service representative was mistaken and that the planner will still be available for purchase after Thanksgiving. Another person chimed in and stated that the planner is usually sent out to active consultants at the end of November and becomes available as a supply item
lockhartkitchen
Bummer! I ordered FK46 thinking they would send a 2008 consultant planner. Nope. They are no longer making them. I loved mine with the Host Bonus, guest special booking goal, etc. in the left column. I'm going to miss. I don't have time to create on the computer, but guess I will. I can take it and have it spiraled. Has anyone else already created a calendar like this? I don't have the fancy one (can't think of the name right now-home sick). Does it have the goals and host bonus information in the left hand column?

Julie,

Are you talking about the Franklin Covey Planner or the one provided by Pampered Chef?

We usually (every year I've been a consultant) get a planner for the next year (2008) as our Thanksgiving gift.

The one from Pampered Chef is no longer available (The $3.00 one on our order forms). I just called HO. Do you have the Franklin Covey Planner? Does it have the goals setting space and space for the specials somewhere on it?

Are talking about the Consultant Planner that is blue?? If it is no longer available what will we use? Did you ask HO if they were coming out with something to replace it? I love this planner...nothing fancy but gets the job done!

lockhartkitchen said:
The one from Pampered Chef is no longer available (The $3.00 one on our order forms). I just called HO. Do you have the Franklin Covey Planner? Does it have the goals setting space and space for the specials somewhere on it?

Yes, it has room for that information but you can’t see it as you are looking at the calendar. The monthly spread is on two pages. As you are looking at this two page spread, the front of the page on your left has room for the specials and your goals for the month.

Isn't the planner that is no longer available the one for 2007? The won’t make the 2008 available to purchase until after we get our gift calendars.

It's the Consultant Planner that has meatballs on the tile square and in the baker (front cover). I know what you mean. I've used this since I started with PC. I really focus on the goals in there that I write. My first words to the lady was, "That really stinks!" I had to say oops, I really liked it. Maybe someone else can find another answer, but that's what she said. I specifically said I wanted the 2008, but got the 2007 when I ordered last month. I asked her when they were going to be available and she said they weren't. They weren't making them anymore. Why are we last to know?

Hmmm...that seems odd. Normally they provide us with planners every year.

Well let's hope the lady on the phone was giving me inaccurate information. I did make myself very clear that I wanted a 2008 planner and asked when they would be available. I want my calendar!!!!!

I think the operator you were talking to might not have known what she was talking about....or was confused.

The 2007 was on the supply order with the stipulation "While supplies last" - then it's gone forever.
The 2008 planner does not come out until Thanksgiving, and to my knowledge, there has never been a way to order it before that time. It has always been something that was sent the end of November to all active consultants. After that time, it will become available as a supply item....again, "while supplies last".

Now, I may be wrong - but this is always how it has been handled in the past.

I wouldn't get upset yet - and I would get a second opinion from HO before taking the word of a help desk operator!;)

I hope she is just misinformed. I love our consultant planner. It has plenty of room and it fits in my binder/briefcase. I never bought the FC one because I like the free one so much.

ChefBeckyD said:
I think the operator you were talking to might not have known what she was talking about....or was confused.

The 2007 was on the supply order with the stipulation "While supplies last" - then it's gone forever.
The 2008 planner does not come out until Thanksgiving, and to my knowledge, there has never been a way to order it before that time. It has always been something that was sent the end of November to all active consultants. After that time, it will become available as a supply item....again, "while supplies last".

I wouldn't get upset yet - and I would get a second opinion from HO before taking the word of a help desk operator!;)

Thank you Becky. . . perhaps you explained better than I?

That's exactly what I thought. (she was not correct) I forgot that I did get it in Thanksgiving last year. This is the first year that I'm booking Jan, Feb. March now, so I'm feeling at a loss without a new calendar. I'll wait before getting frustrated.

lockhartkitchen said:
That's exactly what I thought. (she was not correct) I forgot that I did get it in Thanksgiving last year. This is the first year that I'm booking Jan, Feb. March now, so I'm feeling at a loss without a new calendar. I'll wait before getting frustrated.

That is one of the nice features of the FC planner - it has the next year in it too - just one page each month - but enough room to keep booking shows!

lockhartkitchen said:

Isn't there a future planning feature in the back of your calendar?

Future planner size is just a thumb print of a calendar. I was able to use it to find a future date, but I couldn't write in any boxes (not any). I may just get a franklin covey. I do have issues with pages coming loose from the spiral at times.

ChefBeckyD said:

This is totally accurate information! I highly doubt that they will stop giving us the calendars. Don't worry! You would have been upset if you had ordered it and when it came it was 2007 (I would think!) so be glad they were out!

Patience!! The new calendars (2008) will arrive as a gift from PC in November!

Am I the only one who never used it? From reading this maybe I should have looked at it more closely. It was just big so I never really looked at it.

I love all of the room it has to write. I am able to keep track of activities for 3 children, PC shows and meetings, church activities, as well as personal appointments. It is big, but it will fit in a binder. I hope they don't stop giving it to us. It seems like when I first signed up they gave us a wall calendar too...its been six years, so maybe I am just crazy...but we don't get it anymore.

lockhartkitchen said:
This is the first year that I'm booking Jan, Feb. March now, so I'm feeling at a loss without a new calendar.

I'm sure you've noticed that Jan & Feb is in the back of the planner? :thumbup:
I started using the back inside cover to scribble in future dates beyond February. ;)

i would be soooo lost without my planner that has my whole life in it

I have tried several different ones and our planner is the one that i like the most!!!

Shawnna said:
I love all of the room it has to write. I am able to keep track of activities for 3 children, PC shows and meetings, church activities, as well as personal appointments.

I know, I love it! I use my planner for 5 other things besides PC and have them all color-coded. For example, PC stuff is always written in purple...makes it stand out and easy to find.

2 options for you:

Do you have word or works on your computer. You can usually print out calendar pages from there. I actually do all my scheduling for everything in Outlook. Just makes my life easier.

Or

Like someone else said write the days in Jan, Feb, March you want to work in the back of your planner with enough room to add some notes

I think Beth is correct. The Franklin Covey planner will not be available, but the planner that they give us in in every starter kit and is the heart of our business. It would be totally shocked if they did not provide us with the calendar that we always receive.

They're doing away with the FC planner? Nooooooooo! I love mine. Guess I'll have to get mine straight from FC.

I know...I have ordered it both years...have I used it as it is intended? Nope. As hard as I try, I can not get organized, but I usually get everything done, which is a miracle in itself...well, with the exception of house cleaning. YIKES...I would need Franklin to bring over his bulldozer for that job!!!

well.
If for some reason (which I don't believe they will) they get rid of the consultant planner....it is in th down load section of consultant corner. First item listed under printables.

baychef said:
I know...I have ordered it both years...have I used it as it is intended? Nope. As hard as I try, I can not get organized, but I usually get everything done, which is a miracle in itself...well, with the exception of house cleaning. YIKES...I would need Franklin to bring over his bulldozer for that job!!!

See, this is why we get along so well.

Actually, I'm really organized. Not neat, but organized. I love the FC planners. I usually sit down Sunday evening and plan out my week. I take a day at the end of the month to get myself ready for the next month. It works for me.

Has there been an announcement I've missed? Have they said that they won't be doing the FC planners? If so, like I said, I guess I'll be ordering straight from FC. On the bright side, I can pick one of the pretty, inspirational planners I've drooled over in the past. :p

Okay, because I'm a little obsessive and this has been sitting in the back of my brain all day, I checked CC. Franklin Covey is no longer listed as a licensed vendor. Dang! Oh, well, I'll check out the latest FC catalog and order one of their other planners. Hmpf!

Rae, any of their Monarch-sized Compass systems should fit into the PC planner cover, since it was based on that system.

I created my own version of the FC. Because I'm too danged cheap to pay for one.... ;)

I bought a binder then cut the pages off of the spiral bound free one from PC. I put that in a 3-hole punch & put the pages in my binder. Then I used the tabs with the months on them & stuck those to each month. In the back of my binder, I have tabs for hosts that haven't set a date, customer care & product use & care & replacement order form. I've also got a tab with a folder pocket to keep recruiting info. I use post-it notes for my show dates available & then just write the host name on that. My personal appointments are written directly on the calendar.

I take it everywhere. I would be lost without it. :)

I agree. This is an awesome planner! My whole life is in there too!! I like to use it as a diary as well....to make quick notes on what I've done. Let's hope this thread is all for not!! ;)

chefann said:
Rae, any of their Monarch-sized Compass systems should fit into the PC planner cover, since it was based on that system.

I checked out their website last night. The problem I'm finding is that they have very few bound systems in the Monarch size. Most of them are set up for binders. I think I'll stop in at the FC store the next time I'm in Indianapolis. Also, if I remember correctly, Staples carries a line of FC products. I'll find something that will work.

I'm disappointed, but I guess I'm not really surprised. Most of the consultants I've talked to didn't particularly like the FC planner. It was too big or didn't suit their organizational style.

I have to say that I agree with them, Rae. I bought the planner both years it was available, but I used it very little. I never really took the time to work the FC system, and the planner was very large and heavy to carry - especially compared to the one HO sends us. :)

Yes! Way to big and bulky. I have to say I usually use one of those little planners that you can get free from the Hallmark stores or the bank. Small and convenient.

target also sells franklin products just in case anyone was looking

I carry a smaller organizer (big to most people, but smaller than the FC planner) with me. I use the FC planner at shows and for my weekly/monthly planning. Like I said, it suits my organizational style.

I have a franklin Covey Planner... and I love it!!! Speaking of which I need to order my 2008 refils soon!!

Morvin said:
i would be soooo lost without my planner that has my whole life in it

I have tried several different ones and our planner is the one that i like the most!!!
Me too, I jumped the gun and bought the Franklin covey as I signed up and ended up 86ing it (or selling the cover anyway) and love our PC planner they give us for FREE! Can't wait for the new one for 08!:D

I love the franklin covey one it rather stinks that they aren't doing the personalized monthly/weekly organzier for pampered chef i found it very affect when i was director with my team. Just loved it in general

BethCooks4U said:
This is totally accurate information! I highly doubt that they will stop giving us the calendars. Don't worry! You would have been upset if you had ordered it and when it came it was 2007 (I would think!) so be glad they were out!

Patience!! The new calendars (2008) will arrive as a gift from PC in November!

LOL! I actually paid the $3 to get another 2007 one last month. Mine had totally fallen apart and I thought the $3 would be worth it even if I'd only be using it for another 3 months...:D

On Consultant's Corner there is still a link to FC, but it the only Pampered Chef specific item is the leather binder.
I find it bulky too. At my work I can print of FC type planners with our e-mail carrier so if I get so inclined to actually put FC into action, then I can use that.

Hey, Ann. Interesting. I finally found FC listed under Pampered Perks.

1. What is the replacement for the discontinued Consultant Planner by FC?

Unfortunately, there is no direct replacement for the Consultant Planner by FC. However, we do offer a variety of other planner options that you may find useful. You can check out our website or contact your consultant for more information.

2. Did FK46 turn out to be a 2008 consultant planner?

No, FK46 is not a 2008 consultant planner. It is a different planner option that we offer. We apologize for any confusion this may have caused.

3. Can I find a calendar with the same features as the discontinued Consultant Planner by FC?

We understand that many of our consultants loved the features of the discontinued planner, such as the host bonus and guest special booking goal in the left column. Unfortunately, we do not currently have a planner with those exact features. However, our other planner options may still be useful for organizing your Pampered Chef business.

4. Has anyone else created a calendar similar to the discontinued Consultant Planner by FC?

We are not aware of anyone specifically creating a calendar that mimics the features of the discontinued planner. However, we encourage you to get creative and customize your own planner to fit your needs. You can also reach out to your fellow consultants for tips and ideas.

5. Does the fancy planner have the same features as the discontinued Consultant Planner by FC?

The "fancy" planner that you are referring to is most likely our Deluxe Consultant Business Kit. While it does have some organizational features, it does not include the specific features of the discontinued planner. It is primarily designed as a starter kit for new consultants. However, you can still use it to track your business goals and schedule.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• jessica_momof6
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
AnaCash
  • Marg
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
Robynchefcanada
  • missyciccolella