• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Have you ever had grits with caramel and cinnamon sprinkles before?

In summary, the author ate grits with butter and sugar and enjoyed them. She also mentioned sprinkles and dating a guy from Tennessee.
KellyTheChef
Gold Member
Hi all!

Just had to share my lunch with you:

I love grits with butter and sugar....so, I made some grits for my lunch and basically used them as a vehicle to get those sprinkles into my mouth!

(My supply order came yesterday and I got one of each in there so I am stocked back up! More will be coming in my sample order!)

I can't wait to start selling these!

Sugar in grits? You up north folks are odd....
JUST KIDDING KELLY!!!

No true southerner would ever put sugar on our grits! But, I bet that would be delicious on Oat Meal or Cream of Wheat (I actually like to make oat meal & cream of wheat mixed together).....mmmm mmmm mmmm add a few raisins and some pecans too!

pamperedlinda said:
No true southerner would ever put sugar on our grits! But, I bet that would be delicious on Oat Meal or Cream of Wheat (I actually like to make oat meal & cream of wheat mixed together).....mmmm mmmm mmmm add a few raisins and some pecans too!

Thats so funny - because I just posted in another thread about trying these on oatmeal and cream of wheat!:D :D :D

I'm planning to send some to my DS at school. He's coffee- and tea-obsessed. I think he'll love these.

ljeffries said:
Sugar in grits? You up north folks are odd....
JUST KIDDING KELLY!!!

My brother is married to a wonderful SC gal. The first time our family was down there visiting their family (also the first time we had EVER met them...) we were staying with his FIL and his wife. At breakfast, they had eggs, bacon, biscuits, grits and cheese slices and tomato slices for the grits. Needless to say, my bro's new FIL about DIED when I asked for some sugar. He asked me what I needed it for and I told him, I think his words were something like this: Sugar in grits? You up north folks are odd....:p :eek: :eek:

And no, I'm not kidding! He probably said those same words! He is a super great man...just speaks his mind!

Keep in mind - and I think Linda will agree - anything north of the Tennesse/Alabama/Georgia line is 'up north'!

Just kidding, of course.

I worked on the Outer Banks summers during college - the breakfast/lunch shift (every college girls dream beccause after lunch we hit the beach - but thats getting off subject....) so anyway there was not a day that went by that we did not have to explain to the northerners how to fix grits. Most wanted to give them a try and would reach for the sugar bowl everytime - and the little pitcher of creamer too. It was funny!

I think it is ingrained in us "Northerners"........I lived in SC for 5 yrs - and had many occasions to eat grits the Southern way.....but I could never like them that way - I like them w/ butter and sugar.....or better yet, butter & honey or real maple syrup!:p

Talking about sprinkles - I just had some on my toast this morning and it was very yummy! I buttered the toast and then sprinkled a small amount of the caramel sprinkles on it. It was wheat bread.

Just another way to use them.

I dated a guy from Tennessee for a long time.... being a native Californian I had never had grits. He wanted them one night for dinner, so I made eggs, bacon and grits and put the sugar on the table. He laughed so hard.

1. What are the ingredients in the Caramel and Cinnamon Sprinkles?

The Caramel and Cinnamon Sprinkles are made with a blend of brown sugar, cinnamon, and vanilla extract.

2. How do I use the Caramel and Cinnamon Sprinkles?

The Caramel and Cinnamon Sprinkles can be used as a topping for baked goods such as cakes, cookies, and muffins. It can also be mixed into coffee, hot chocolate, or sprinkled on top of ice cream.

3. Are the Caramel and Cinnamon Sprinkles gluten-free?

Yes, the Caramel and Cinnamon Sprinkles are gluten-free and are made in a facility that is free from gluten-containing ingredients.

4. How long is the shelf life of the Caramel and Cinnamon Sprinkles?

The Caramel and Cinnamon Sprinkles have a shelf life of 18 months if stored in a cool, dry place.

5. Can I use the Caramel and Cinnamon Sprinkles to make caramel sauce?

No, the Caramel and Cinnamon Sprinkles are not meant to be used for making caramel sauce. They are specifically designed as a topping or mix-in for baked goods and beverages.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
DebbieJ
Replies
Views
Jennie4PC
Replies
Views
chefsteph07
  • its_me_susan
  • Recipes and Tips