• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Director Have You Ever Had an Online Order Return?

I never would have thought in a million years that one small order could cause such a disaster. Thank you, thank you for sharing.In summary, the conversation discusses a commission deduction of $3.23 for a returned order from December, which the consultant had no knowledge of. They question why their commission was taken back when they had no involvement in the order and express frustration with the new practice. Others in the conversation share similar experiences and it is revealed that according to policy, if an entire show or individual order is returned, commissions will be reversed and adjusted. This can result in the loss of overrides and impact promotions or bonuses. One consultant shares a personal experience where this policy affected their directorship title. The conversation ends with the group expressing their
baychef
Silver Member
My mid month commission check had a $3.23 deduction in the adjustment area for a show returned to customer service. I called and it was for an $11.50 order placed online (with a customer requesting "privacy") back in December. They returned it and they deducted my commission from it. I had to call the "Solution Center" for this one. I had no idea.

Here is my 2 cents, humble opionion...what ever you want to call it. When I had nothing to do with this order, could offer no customer service, etc...WHY would my commission be taken back. I have NEVER heard of this and hope this isn't a new practice.

Has anyone had this happen? Thank goodness it was not a small amount, but still!:mad::grumpy:

It's happened to me, too :(

dannyzmom said:
It's happened to me, too :(

Did this happen to you lately too then? Or not lately. It seems like we've been told that if someone returns something from a show, unless it's the whole show or something crazy like that, that the return doesn't affect our commission. Does anyone know more about this?

wtbleeppppppppppwhere is this? in the wording-?

I have had items returned and NEVER had my comm. adjusted. That is strange. Maybe because it was one item and one order. But still, from Dec??

Yep, I've had it happen to me too. It was a $100 GC that HO screwed up the shipping on--the DH ordered it as a surprise gift and they shipped it to his wife! D'oh!

DebbieJ said:
Yep, I've had it happen to me too. It was a $100 GC that HO screwed up the shipping on--the DH ordered it as a surprise gift and they shipped it to his wife! D'oh!

Oh, Deb, I would have been so frosted!! And it wasn't even your mess up!! In honor of you and Carolyn...:grumpy::mad::grumpy::mad::grumpy::mad:

Whole show OR Individual Order
quiverfull7 said:
Did this happen to you lately too then? Or not lately. It seems like we've been told that if someone returns something from a show, unless it's the whole show or something crazy like that, that the return doesn't affect our commission. Does anyone know more about this?

This happened to me just after I became a director a couple of years ago. When I first promoted, I had to ramp up my business and recruit a bunch more people to keep my directorship. December of the year was my third relinquishment month, and to keep it, I had to sell almost the full $4000 myself and recruit 3 people. I did both ($3600 for me was big at that time.) Since it was December, I'd had some lead orders in there throughout the month. One of which was for about $70 in products on Dec. 2nd. On Jan. 19th, the day after I returned home from Leadership, I got home to see some weird things on my IPT. Turns out that customer had taken until then to decide they didn't want ANY of the things they had "mistakenly" ordered (this was a privacy, no contact lead, too). Since it dropped me below the $4000 team sales for the month by about $30, it caused me to lose not just the commission from that sales, but also all of my overrides (roughly $200 in all). It also should have retroactively put me in to repromotion, but several of the Sales team went to bat for me, and they made an exception so that although I lost the commission, I didn't lose my title.

Anyway, because of this, I'm intimately familiar with the policy pertaining to this question. On page 12 of P&P you'll find:
"• If an entire Show or Individual Order is returned,
commissions will be reversed and the commissionable
sales total will be adjusted. In addition, points toward
incentives or credit toward promotions or bonuses will
be deducted."

What I found out is that if that lead had kept even one item of the order (even a $1 item of the whole thing), then the WHOLE Individual Order would not have been returned, and the commission adjustment wouldn't have happened. You can bet that if it was someone that had spoken with me, I would have leaned over backward to make sure that not the WHOLE thing got returned, but I had absolutely NOTHING that I could have done differently here.

Ardipc...in your honor...:mad::grumpy::mad::grumpy::mad::grumpy::mad::grumpy::mad::grumpy:

I do not feel the least bit sorry for myself after reading your post! I think I would have gone off the deep end. You had so much to lose.

And thank you so much for letting us know the policy. One I had never even heard of in my 9 years.

Related to Have You Ever Had an Online Order Return?

1. What is the process for returning an online order from Pampered Chef?

To return an online order from Pampered Chef, simply contact our customer service team at 1-800-342-2433 or email us at [email protected]. They will provide you with a return authorization number and instructions on how to return your item(s).

2. How long do I have to return an online order?

You have 30 days from the date of purchase to return an online order to Pampered Chef. After 30 days, we are unable to accept returns.

3. Do I have to pay for return shipping?

If you received the wrong item or a damaged item, Pampered Chef will cover the cost of return shipping. However, if you are returning an item for any other reason, you will be responsible for the return shipping costs.

4. Can I exchange an item instead of returning it?

Yes, you can exchange an item for a different size, color, or style. Simply contact our customer service team at 1-800-342-2433 or email us at [email protected] to initiate an exchange and they will provide you with further instructions.

5. What is the return policy for personalized items?

Unfortunately, we are unable to accept returns for personalized items unless they are damaged or defective. If you receive a damaged or defective personalized item, please contact our customer service team for a replacement or refund.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Sheila
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
Sheila
  • flemings99
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
Sheila
  • Malinda Klein