• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Director No Receipts After Shows? Streamlining Business with Sending Thank You Notes

In summary, the local AD I spoke to said she did not send receipts to the host after the show closed (and she hasn't done it in over a year). She said that the customers usually do any returns through her (which is true in my case too). She does a lot of shows and said it has really streamlined her business. I asked her if she ever had issues with returns and she said no, that the customers usually do any returns through her (which is true in my case too). Her suggestion is to print out the outside order forms and send them to the host instead of printing out receipts.
pamperedlinda
Gold Member
I was talking to a local AD not too long ago and she was telling me that she did NOT send receipts to the host after the show closed (and she hasn't done it in over a year). She gives a copy to the guest at the show, she keeps the original and just sends the host a thank you note and has her pack the orders using the packing slips that HO provides in the shipment. I asked her if she ever had issues with returns and she said no, that the customers usually do any returns through her (which is true in my case too).

What do you all think about that? She does a lot of shows and said it has really streamlined her business. I know there are tons of things I'd rather do than receipts.....thoughts?

I do the receipts because I don't use the triplicate form (I got tired of stamping it). If you think it will work for you, then go for it girl!! I find that printing the receipts is the least time sucking activity that we have.

I use the outside order forms at shows as well, so it wouldn't work for me either. But I think it would be fine if you use the triplicate.

me too... oof so no receipt at the show.

I use the triplicate. I give the guest the pink copy at the show and that's it. The only thing I send to the host is her receipt and receipts for outside orders.

I like to leave the host with a receipt because every once in a while the packing slips don't make it in the box.

bethcooks4u said:
I like to leave the host with a receipt because every once in a while the packing slips don't make it in the box.

That is my concern. I know I've had it happen to me twice. No packing slips and no bags.

I use the triplicate form and I put my sticker on the top copy ONLY. I give the customer the TOP copy because it's the clearest. Then, I use that consultant info area for any notes regarding customer service for that particular customer. I'm entering everything in my laptop as I go anyway so the only thing I use the other copies for is to double check P3. The back of each copy of the form is the same anyway. I do NOT give the Host a copy nor do I send a receipt to anyone except the outside orders. So far, so good. If there were an issue, I do still have the copies on hand so I could easily get them to the Host.

DebbieJ said:
I use the triplicate. I give the guest the pink copy at the show and that's it. The only thing I send to the host is her receipt and receipts for outside orders.

This is what I do as well.

No receipts to hosts here either.

I now take my laptop with me to the show. I split the triplicate forms into three. I still have to stamp each one but I only use one for each show. I leave the slips with the host when I leave as I have their order on my computer. Then if we close over the phone I only print those receipts and the hosts receipt. It has really cut down on postage as my hubby has been laid off from his job since early December. So, trying to cut down on costs as much as possible and I get three for the price of one.
You have to make sure you are using the same color at the show for receipts or else the guests get confused.
I also explain that they will get their receipt when they receive their products and suggest they file it then or store it under the silverware drawer.

I have a new indirect consultant who did get the packing slips in her party before she was a consultant. She had her first show shipped to her home and there were no slips. She had the receipts so was able to sort the orders but she commented on how much harder it was to sort with the order forms.

I have had a couple of orders come without packing slips lately too. Enough that I will still provide the order forms for the hosts just in case. It's not any more effort for me. I do print off the outside orders and the host order.

Saving on postage: One thing that can help if you have a lot of outside order receipts is to write them out on the 3ply receipts and send that instead of printing them out. That paper is much lighter than the Pampered Partner receipts.

I use the OOF from CC and I have not sent out receipts in over a year. People call me anyway to make the adjustments. I know this is not the right way to do it BUT i know myself and I am really bad, seriously really bad about mailing stuff out! I SUCK!

I've always given the guest the top receipt at the show and mailed the host the bottom receipt, along with her P3 printed receipt and those for outside orders. I know a lot of people who use outside order forms as the receipts at shows, then just print out P3 receipts once the show is closed and mail those to the host. Hmmmm, that's appealing too. I don't know if I've EVER heard from a host that the packing slips weren't in there, unless they didn't happen to mention it. But of course now I say that, it'll happen where the packing slips aren't there.

I think I'll just keep doing it the way I've been doing it. Or maybe at least giving the host the guest receipts when I leave and just sending her receipt and outside orders.:confused:

pamperedbecky said:
I've always given the guest the top receipt at the show and mailed the host the bottom receipt, along with her P3 printed receipt and those for outside orders. I know a lot of people who use outside order forms as the receipts at shows, then just print out P3 receipts once the show is closed and mail those to the host. Hmmmm, that's appealing too. I don't know if I've EVER heard from a host that the packing slips weren't in there, unless they didn't happen to mention it. But of course now I say that, it'll happen where the packing slips aren't there.

I think I'll just keep doing it the way I've been doing it. Or maybe at least giving the host the guest receipts when I leave and just sending her receipt and outside orders.:confused:

You probably don't hear because they didn't know the slips were supposed to be there since you gave them the receipts to sort.

I give the guest the bottom copy and the host the top (easier to read) or mail them with the outside order receipts. I don't think it matters as much anymore since HO is getting more sophisticated in their look up abilities. They haven't even asked for a receipt in the last several adjustments I've done - they just ask for a copy of the adjustment email.

I am only giving the host receipts to avoid her getting frustrated if the packing slips are missing. It happens too often to not add that insurance (in my experience) - I want my hosts happy. :sun:

I actually always tell the host when I'm closing the show that the packing lists are in there so they know that they will have to sort the orders, but that it's really easy because packing lists will be in box #1. I tell them to set the multiple boxes up like an assembly line. So, I suppose some can forget that I told them this, but they usually know ahead of time to look for them. So, who knows. It IS interesting to hear other ways people do this though.:)

1. What is the purpose of sending thank you notes after shows?

Sending thank you notes after shows is a way to express gratitude to customers for attending and supporting your Pampered Chef business. It also helps to build and maintain relationships with customers, potentially leading to future sales and referrals.

2. Do I have to send thank you notes to every customer who attends a show?

While it is not required, it is recommended to send thank you notes to all customers who attend a show. This shows appreciation for their time and support, and can help to leave a positive lasting impression of your business.

3. Can I send thank you notes via email or social media instead of handwritten notes?

While digital thank you notes may be more convenient, handwritten notes can be more personal and show a greater level of effort and appreciation. However, if sending handwritten notes is not feasible, a heartfelt email or social media message can also be a nice gesture.

4. What should I include in a thank you note after a show?

A thank you note should include a personalized message expressing gratitude for the customer's attendance and support. You can also include a special offer or discount for future purchases, as well as a reminder to reach out for any product or business inquiries.

5. Is it necessary to include a receipt with thank you notes?

No, it is not necessary to include a receipt with thank you notes. The purpose of the note is to express gratitude, not to serve as a receipt. However, if a customer requests a copy of their receipt, you can provide it separately.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• byrd1956
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
byrd1956
  • baychef
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
baychef
  • pamperedchef88