• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Have You Actually Sold the Cookware on the Spot!?

In summary, most of the people I have run into would never dream of paying full price for our cookware and knife block set, which is perfect for me to tell them they can earn it half off by hosting a show ;) (which we all do of course) but I was curious: has anyone actually SOLD one of these 2 items at a show before?? And is there anything you can say to get people to wanna buy it right then and there??
emiscookin
Most of the people I have run into would never dream of paying full price for our cookware and knife block set, which is perfect for me to tell them they can earn it half off by hosting a show ;) (which we all do of course) but I was curious:

Have any of you actually SOLD one of these 2 items at a show before??

Also, is there anything you can say to get people to wanna buy it right then and there??

I had someone who bought the whole knife block at a show along with several hundred dollars of other stuff. She was not going to do a show. She did end up doing a catalog show to get the knives at 60% off. I was floored when her total at the first show came to over $700 and she didn't even blink an eye at the cost!

I sold two stir-fry skillets w/lids at my last show. They came to the show looking to get that particular item and did.

I've had one person buy a set of Executive Cookware, but that was for a bridal shower gift for someone. I've never actually been able to 'sell' it for real at a show.

I have, but just a couple of times and not usually big pieces. I've sold the 8" saute pan, I think a grill pan. Then I had a friend who wanted the knife block set when it was 60% off and she wanted the double griddle so she bought the doube griddle at full price and some smaller items qualifying her order as a show and got the knife block set at 60% off.

I've sold a few of the 12" skillets but always to hosts.

i just sold the stir fry skillet at full price and have sold a few grill pans and presses. i would probably faint if someone bought a set

My BIL bought the Knife Block set at full price for my sister for Christmas, which I then turned into a show so he could get other Christmas gifts for his Mom and Sister free and half-price. He had so much fun going through the catalog and shopping!

That's the best part! You will have some people who will buy it full price and some people who will host to get it at a discount!! I've had both!

I have sold tons of individual cookware pieces and quite a few sets at full price...only two knife block sets at full price though.

I went to a host's house to close her party one day, and her neighbor had come across his party invitation and forgotten about the show and he placed an order for a cookware set. I was in total shock! It was very exciting to get a full price outside order for a cookware set.

The trick is knowing that they are WORTH the price. If we know it ourselves it is less intimidating to sell them at full price. I've sold lots of individual pieces of cookware and a few knife blocks. I have also sold several cookware sets at full price. Sell the quality and value first. Then at checkout you can offer the person who was really interested, but can't afford it at full price the benefits of hosting a party.

Yes to both... not often but it happens.

at a recent booth I sold 3 - 12 inch skillets and 3 grill pans with presses - full price.
a few knives at full price. A wife tonight at my bridal shower told her husband to buy the knife set for himself but he looked at the price and wouldn't let himself. But they would have if he had wanted it enough.mara

I've sold more than one set of cookware at full price. As a matter of fact, I had a man order both sets of non-stick for his wife for Christmas.

Haven't sold a whole set yet...but I have sold the 12" skillet, the grill pan and the 10" saute at full price a couple of times.

I have a couple of customers who are buying the forged cutlery, one knife at a time. :D

I have sold several sets and individual pieces of cookware and knives but I have found that more often then not the person was already planning on getting a good pan or knife (or set) and has been shopping them before even coming to the party so I can't say I "sold" them - of course it could be that something I said swung them over to the PC choice :cool:. I have lots of people buying one knife at a time and several getting the open stock cookware that way too.

Lots of individual pans, two sets of cookware at full price and one knife block full of knives on the spot as well. They didn't really want to do a party. The hardest part is retrieving my chin off the floor!!

Never the knife and block but I did sell one set of each of the Executive cookware sets. But like with Keith, it was for a wedding gift and about 6 people went in on it. Otherwise, never. I do not even think I have sold anything but the small saute pans, out right. Everything has been to hosts.

I sold a set of cookware last month. It was a lady that said she had called her husband and he was ok with her buying it. I told her how she could get it for half price, but she wanted to buy it that night, so of course I took her order. lol She is also intrested in ordering some knives, so hopefully she will keep me in mind when that time comes!

I had a table at this lady's OH and her neighbors walked in and the husband asked where the PChef consultant was and made a bee-line to me. He told me he wanted stainless cookware and wanted to see the catalog. He pointed and said I want this, this, and this and handed me 4 $100 bills. <<freak>>

I have also sold a couple grill pans with presses.

I had a 17 year old fisherman buy the boning knife. (I know his mom and dad)

I'm new, but have sold a few open stock pieces, but never a full set.

1. What is "Have You Actually Sold the Cookware on the Spot!"?

"Have You Actually Sold the Cookware on the Spot!" is a popular phrase used in Pampered Chef to refer to the success of selling cookware during a cooking demonstration or party.

2. How do I ensure that I can sell cookware on the spot?

To increase your chances of selling cookware on the spot, it is important to have a well-prepared and engaging cooking demonstration, offer special deals or discounts, and have a strong knowledge of the products you are selling.

3. What are the benefits of selling cookware on the spot?

The main benefit of selling cookware on the spot is that you can immediately earn commission and increase your sales. It also creates a sense of urgency for customers to make a purchase and can lead to repeat business in the future.

4. What if I am not able to sell cookware on the spot?

It is completely normal if you are not able to sell cookware on the spot every time. Some customers may need more time to make a decision or may want to order online. The important thing is to follow up with those customers and offer excellent customer service to encourage future sales.

5. Is it necessary to sell cookware on the spot to be successful at Pampered Chef?

No, selling cookware on the spot is not the only measure of success at Pampered Chef. It is important to build relationships with customers and have strong product knowledge to make sales in the long run. However, selling cookware on the spot can greatly increase your success and earnings.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• lt1jane
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
lt1jane
  • Intrepid_Chef
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
Intrepid_Chef
  • mspibb