• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Has Anyone Tried Nutrisystem? Feedback and Reviews Wanted!

I think you could do it for cheaper if you shopped at like a discount store. Do you do WW online, or do you go to weekly meetings? I've looked at it online, but really don't think that would be enough to keep me accountable...plus, I'm thinking maybe I could widen my "circle of influence" by meeting new people at the meetings.....do you actually meet people or is it very structured? You can do WW online or attend weekly meetings. You can also have a friend help you with the program. The meetings are very structured and you are required to stand up and say your name.
smarteez2
Gold Member
I have been soooooo on the fence about trying this program. Has anyone here tried it? Liked it? Worth it? Food good? Let me know. TYIA

My MIL tried it, lost some weight and then gain it all back + some. There was some hooplaw a few years ago about it being bad for you kidneys, something about sandy stuff found in dieters kidneys. It said something about their food has to many "fillers" in it.

I have had a friend and a coworker try it and they didn't like it. Besides the expense, they felt hungry and the food just didn't taste that good. My coworker was on it for three months and she lost some weight, but she said that when she started eating "real" food again, the weight started to come back on, since she wasn't teaching herself good eating habits by eating all that processed food.I personally have never been on NutriSystem. I tried Jenni Craig once, and that didn't work because I was hungry all the time.The only diet program that has worked for me is Weight Watchers. I have been on it since mid-July 2006 and have lost 51 pounds so far. I have learned really good eating habits, and best of all portion control and knowing exactly what I put in my mouth. Before I went on this diet I would drink TONS of juice and other items I thought were really healthy but now I know a bit better, and eat/drink everything in moderation.Nutrisystem costs like $300 a month for its food. I pay $9 per weekly Weight Watchers meeting and buy my own regular food. You can participate in real life with friends and family, go out to eat, etc., with Weight Watchers. With NutriSystem, you are eating your little entree while everyone else eats what they want, and personally I think programs like that make you feel more isolated in social situations.

sailortena said:
I have had a friend and a coworker try it and they didn't like it. Besides the expense, they felt hungry and the food just didn't taste that good.

My coworker was on it for three months and she lost some weight, but she said that when she started eating "real" food again, the weight started to come back on, since she wasn't teaching herself good eating habits by eating all that processed food.

I personally have never been on NutriSystem. I tried Jenni Craig once, and that didn't work because I was hungry all the time.

The only diet program that has worked for me is Weight Watchers. I have been on it since mid-July 2006 and have lost 51 pounds so far. I have learned really good eating habits, and best of all portion control and knowing exactly what I put in my mouth.

Before I went on this diet I would drink TONS of juice and other items I thought were really healthy but now I know a bit better, and eat/drink everything in moderation.

Nutrisystem costs like $300 a month for its food. I pay $9 per weekly Weight Watchers meeting and buy my own regular food. You can participate in real life with friends and family, go out to eat, etc., with Weight Watchers. With NutriSystem, you are eating your little entree while everyone else eats what they want, and personally I think programs like that make you feel more isolated in social situations.

SAilorTena,
Do you do WW online, or do you go to weekly meetings? I've looked at it online, but really don't think that would be enough to keep me accountable...plus, I'm thinking maybe I could widen my "circle of influence" by meeting new people at the meetings.....do you actually meet people or is it very structured? I have visions of an AA type meeting (which I've only seen on TV - maybe not even accurate?) where I have to stand up and say "Hi, my name is Becky, and I am addicted to food, and need to lose 30 lbs....!:eek: Not sure I can do that!

My Dad and Gma both did Nutrisystems and my dad lost a lot of weight, but also didnt keep it completely off becuase he doesnt eat 3 times a day and when he does eat he doesnt have portion control. And that is what nutrisystems teaches you. Portion control. You eat ALOT of salad becuase you can have as much salad as you want. They give you a book that says what to eat. For example: If you can have 1 vegetable it tells you the measurements like 1 cup of ________. Or for a fat it tells you one peice of bread. Money wise. It is expensive, however you shouldnt need regular groceries for you other than veggies and stuff like that.
Hope that helps good luck.

ChefBeckyD said:
SAilorTena,
Do you do WW online, or do you go to weekly meetings? I've looked at it online, but really don't think that would be enough to keep me accountable...plus, I'm thinking maybe I could widen my "circle of influence" by meeting new people at the meetings.....do you actually meet people or is it very structured? I have visions of an AA type meeting (which I've only seen on TV - maybe not even accurate?) where I have to stand up and say "Hi, my name is Becky, and I am addicted to food, and need to lose 30 lbs....!:eek: Not sure I can do that!

I participate in weekly meetings. You can search for a meeting near you at weight-watchers.com. I think going in person to meetings helps you MUCH more, because there are people there in the same boat as you, they offer encouragement and support, and celebrate with you. Plus you get TONS of ideas for recipes and foods to try and eat.

A couple of years ago I tried an online diet thing, like eDiets.com. That didn't work because I would cheat and not be accountable at a weigh-in. You feel accountable when you go for those weigh-ins at WW meetings and personally it gives me more drive to lose more weight!

For me, my weekly meetings are at work, but this is what it is like for me:
Go down to the meeting, I get my card and stand in line to get weighed in.
When the meeting starts, Karen (the leader) asks us if we had any challenges over the week or something that didn't work for us. The group offers suggestions on how to improve, or give support and ideas if something didn't go well.

Plus the leader will then talk about a different subject every week. The big thing that Weight Watchers promotes is that this is not a diet, it is a lifestyle change to make you more healthy to enjoy life better. They also sometimes do sort of activities to make you think of mental obstacles that may hinder your weight loss and try to over come them, like events or people, or just how busy your life is.

What also has worked for me is that I use a diary to write down everything I eat every day (they provide you with these at the meetings) and their points values so you can keep track of what you are eating. So for example if you are having a problem one week, then your leader can look at your food diary and make suggestions on what to do different.

It's totally not like an AA meeting like you see on TV. You can participate if you want, or just go and listen. You get to know people who are in your group a lot, especially when you take the initiative to talk to people.

My WW coordinator always told us that we reach a personal goal that we should always treat ourself with something new (just not food). My funniest WW moment was when I did lose a good bit in the beginning and I told her I tried her method. When she asked what I bought, I told her a new car! Plus i bought a black one so it was slimming :) She about lost it. She had me repeat the whole story to our group and they were all rolling!

I like WW - I do the Core program most of the time and count points when I am testing recipes or if my hubby and I go out to dinner. Applebee's even has WW friendly and even a Core dinner on their menu

I am doing the monthly pass which covers WW online access and my monthly meetings for 40 a month. If you paid weekly for meetings (none of the various pass programs) it is 12 a week. The online access is 12.95 or 29.95 if you pay 3 months at a time. So I think it is a great dea.

Now I just need to work the program more.

Related to Has Anyone Tried Nutrisystem? Feedback and Reviews Wanted!

1. What is Nutrisystem?

Nutrisystem is a weight loss program that offers pre-packaged meals and snacks delivered right to your door. The program focuses on portion control and balanced nutrition to help individuals lose weight in a healthy and sustainable way.

2. How does Nutrisystem work?

Nutrisystem follows a 4-week meal plan that includes breakfast, lunch, dinner, and snacks. Customers can choose from a variety of meal options and customize their plan based on their dietary needs and preferences. The meals are designed to be low in calories and high in nutrients, helping individuals lose weight without feeling deprived.

3. Are the meals pre-cooked?

Yes, all Nutrisystem meals are pre-cooked and packaged for convenience. This makes it easy for customers to simply heat up their meals and enjoy them without having to spend time cooking or meal planning. However, there are also fresh and frozen meal options available for those who prefer a more hands-on cooking experience.

4. Is exercise required on the Nutrisystem program?

While Nutrisystem encourages customers to incorporate physical activity into their weight loss journey, it is not a requirement. The program is designed to help individuals lose weight through portion control and balanced nutrition, with or without exercise. However, regular exercise can help boost weight loss results and improve overall health and wellbeing.

5. Is Nutrisystem suitable for individuals with dietary restrictions?

Yes, Nutrisystem offers meal options for individuals with various dietary restrictions, including gluten-free, vegetarian, and diabetic-friendly options. Customers can also customize their meal plan to exclude specific ingredients or food groups based on their personal needs and preferences.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
pampered.chris
Replies
Views
Kathytnt
  • chezshelly
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
wadesgirl