• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Anybody Here Ever Used Phentermine?

In summary, the person tried Phentermine and lost weight, but they lost it all back and now they are trying to do better.
calebsmom0822
Since there've been a few threads about WW and Nutrisystem, I thought I'd check and see who on here has ever been on Phentermine, or is on it now. I started March 2nd and have already lost 11 pounds. (I've actually been stuck at 11 pound loss for 3 days now...) Anyways, I'm not planning on being on it for a long time, just long enough to get me started. I have NO appetite what-so-ever....its like pulling teeth to get me to eat! Nothing sounds good, nothing tastes good...but man, I'm sure getting my water in!!! I think I drink ATLEAST 120 ounces a day( 6 - 20oz bottles) I haven't had many side effects...with the exception of the first couple days, but now I'm loving the energy!

Just wondering about any success stories you all may have if you have been on Phentermine.

Hope you all have a great week!!!!!

So what were your side effects? Where do you get this drug? What exactly is it supposed to do?

I tried Metabolife when it was the big thing a few years ago. I lost weight. I think it was all water weight though. I would sweat like a dang pig. All day long sweat would be pouring down my face and I could feel it collecting on my back. I didn't lose any weight that I can contribute directly to the drug though. By the time I went off of it my heart was racing and I could feel it pounding in my chest. So I am a little leery of weight loss drugs now.

HOWEVER, I am in major need of some weight loss. My goal this year was to lose 70 pounds before conference. So when I walked the stage as a new director I wouldn't cause a windstorm in the session with my flapping skin. I had been working out with personal trainer at my gym, but he moved back to Vegas. I still have a pack of training sessions, but none of the other trainers are my style. I need to change my diet. THAT IS SO DANG HARD!! I didn't think I ate that poorly, but my goodness! I know I do. I need help/guidance to fix my diet.

I have never heard of it but loosing 11lbs in 8 days can't be healthy. Once you go off of it you will probably gain all that weight back. Not trying to damper your efforts but just trying to be realistic. In all honesty, if it were that easy and effective I think we would all know about it and be on it. lol.

Part of it has to be water loss - It is normal to plateau after a big weight loss and sometimes gain a tad before losing more. Our bodies are strange that way. Keep up the good work but don't eat too little or your metabolism will be shot.

Phentermine is one of the PhenFen combo. It can have side effects that you don't notice until months later. If you have heart disease in your family, you don't want to use this. It can be dangerous, but it can help jump start your weight loss. It is a controlled substance, so, even though you can get it outside the USA, I don't suggest it.I have tried this and my doc wasn't really up on things. I took it straight through for 8 months and lost tons of weight. However, I became resistant to the meds, tabled and gained most of it back over the next two years. If you try it, I suggest two weeks on, two weeks off so your body doesn't get used to the meds. Good luck!

I was on Phentermine about 6 years ago. I lost 40 pounds in 3 months (LOVED IT), but my doctor put me on Effexor (spelling) as well. They seemed to even each other out. I was not jittery at all. I LOVED NOT BEING PREOCCUPIED WITH EATING!!!! I kept the weight off for 4 years (I only took the pills for 4 months). Then I became lazy with life and gained ALL back, shame on me. I am trying to do better and exercise and it does help, just not as fast at the diet pills. I dont think I would take them again.. Good Luck and eat healthy. :)

A year ago my doctor gave me a RX for it. In Ohio you are only limited to 3 months in a years time. I lost 20 lbs. It definitely curbed my appetite; I was not hungry. The only side effect I had was that I had a bit of insomnia. I wanted to try it because my metabolism seems to be at a stand still and I thought this would give me a boost to get things going again. When the RX was gone I gained some back so I did a no no and purchased some on the internet (very expensive but thought it was worth it). I don't think the internet rx was as strong as the real rx because I was still hungry. I finally stopped because of the insomnia. I have gained probably 10 of the 20 back. I go back to the doctor who perscribed it the first (official) time at the end of this month. A lady I work with has lost 40+ lbs. with it. She got it totally on the internet. Will I do it again ... I don't think so. I know that the only way to lose weight is to eat healthy and exercise. If there was a pill that could do that instead we would all be models. I just need to DO IT!!!! Think about it very hard before you do it ... I know I had to go back to the doctor every month for each of the 3 months to have my BP checked; this is when she gave me a rx for the next month refill. There are definitely side effects. Good luck.

I hate to rain on your parade too, I know the quick weightloss is a great feeling and its awful to hear nay-sayers like me coming down on you, but having "been there done that" I know it doesn't work. I too had the racing heart and I couldn't sleep for days. Yeh I temporarily lost weight but nothing long term.
The only way to long term weight loss is to change your brain and way you think and feel about food. I have so far lost 55 pounds and I am simply eating the right size portions of healthy food and working out more. I have another 30 to go! I honestly believe you have to put your brain on a diet before you try to put your body on one! LOL....once you stop relying on food and get informed on how much we actually need to eat at one sitting, the weight will come off on its own accord,

11 pounds is great and if it stays off, even better but be careful....there is no easy way out when it comes to weightloss....sorry

Misty

It is a great tool for people like me who naturally have slower metabolisms. It NEEDS to be paired with good eating habits and exercise so when you go off the meds, you don't gain everything back.

Phentermine is an amphetamine - that's why your heart races and you have no appetite, because you are basically high on uppers. It is dangerous to take for longer that a couple of weeks and can lead to valvular heart disease and pulmonary hypertension.
I have BTDT and almost did permanent damage to heart from diet pills. That was a wake-up call and I finally did it the right way. Slow and steady. I joined WW and lost 100lbs in just over a year. I have kept 80lbs of that off for 6 years and 3 pregnancies. I have another 70lbs to go to get to goal.
I understand the attractiveness of a quick weight loss - but at what price? The damage that I could have done to myself was very scary and very sobering.
I don't want to rain on your parade, I just want you to know that the dangers are very real and do exist. I only wish someone had been straight with me before I landed in the hospital.
Please feel free to PM me - I really know where you are coming from.

I have to say I am so leary about those drugs when they had the thing about phen phen and the heart problems they were having. I had open heart surgery at 24 and everyone was aking if I took Phen Phen (I did not ). Good luck with the weight loss.

I took it for 1 month and lost a little but didn't like the way I felt on it, Just weird and always had cotton mouth plus it was really expensive for 1 months supply. I also took Metabolife too and lost weight when it first came out but then my body became tolerant to it and I plateaued. I've tried all the over the counter pills and now the one I use has hootia in it and it helps my appetite control and maintains my weight.

Thank you all for your comments...you're not raining on my parade, by the way.:) You're actually preaching to the choir...I'm an R.N. so I know the risks and precautions. I don't intend being on this for more than 2 or 3 months (max). I'm not looking for a quick fix, magic drug, just something to get me started and curve my appetite and get on a regular routine of exercise. You all have great points, and I sure wouldn't recommend using this drug without medical supervision. I am visiting my doctor every month for follow up on my blood pressure and ekg. I don't think I'd do this if the doctor didn't require me to come in on a regular basis. Next month, I intend to be off of it and my food habits changed. :p
Everyone here has always been a great support whenever I needed it. Thanks again!

Related to Anybody Here Ever Used Phentermine?

1. What is Phentermine?

Phentermine is a prescription weight loss medication that works as an appetite suppressant. It is typically used as a short-term treatment for obesity in conjunction with a healthy diet and exercise plan.

2. How does Phentermine work?

Phentermine works by stimulating the release of certain chemicals in the brain that control appetite. This helps to decrease feelings of hunger and cravings, making it easier to stick to a lower calorie diet.

3. Is Phentermine safe to use?

Phentermine is generally considered safe to use, but it may cause side effects such as dry mouth, constipation, and changes in mood. It should only be used under the guidance of a doctor and may not be suitable for individuals with certain medical conditions or taking certain medications.

4. How long can I take Phentermine for?

Phentermine is typically only prescribed for short-term use, usually 12 weeks or less. After this time, your doctor may reassess if it is still appropriate for you to continue taking the medication.

5. Are there any alternatives to Phentermine?

There are other weight loss medications available, but they may work differently and have different side effects. It's important to discuss your options with a doctor to find the best treatment plan for you.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• kam
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
BethCooks4U
Replies
Views
SLDOWDY1978
  • pampchefrhondab
  • General Chat
Replies