• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Has anyone tried Caramel Apple Bread Pudding in stoneware?

In summary, Linda found that the recipe did not work in her Deep Covered Baker, so she emailed the Test Kitchen to ask if anyone had made it before. She also suggests making changes to the recipe, such as using a different carmel topping and cover the bread with something other than a carmel. The bread came out okay in her oven, but she had to cook it a few minutes longer than the recipe called for because it was hard. She suggests using a smaller microwave for the bread to fit.
pamperedlinda
Gold Member
Has anyone made this in another piece of stoneware? If so, which peice did you use and how did you cover it? Also, did you have to make any adjustments to the recipe?

I'd like to use this for a September show, but I don't own the Deep Covered Baker and right now I don't plan to buy it. I was hoping that it would work in one of the pieces that is on sale next month.

Linda,
I didn't pay attention to how many cups it is before baking - but I would think it would work in the rectangular baker - or possibly the deep dish baker.....I was worried about not having the covered baker to do it in, but actually, when you read all the way thru the recipe - you don't cover the baker while its in the microwave anyway....I would test it at home first, just to see how long it takes in a different size stone....but that shouldn't be a hardship - my family gobbled up the leftovers from my Open House!:D

ChefBeckyD said:
Linda,
...... when you read all the way thru the recipe - you don't cover the baker while its in the microwave anyway....:D

Actually, you do cover it. Step 3 says ...."Cover baker and microwave on high 15-16 minutes....."

I've sent an email to the Test Kitchen so maybe they will get back to me. I was hoping that maybe someone had already tried it.

Okay - I missed that step - and did mine uncovered! It came out fine, but that may be why I had to bake it a couple of extra minutes:rolleyes:

ChefBeckyD said:
Okay - I missed that step - and did mine uncovered! It came out fine, but that may be why I had to bake it a couple of extra minutes:rolleyes:

Which pan did you use? Was it dried-out or hard on top?

I have made it twice now but I do own the DCB. My suggestion is to make sure the host has a large enough microwave. My recruiter did not and it barely fit. Because of that, the bread was hard as a rock in like 3 spots. Not too bad but not something you can sink your teeth into!:)

I used the new covered baker (uncovered!:eek: )- I had borrowed my directors for my open house.....it wasn't dried out or chewy or anything... it was a hit at the open house! I do live in an area where NO ONE (except me?) has ever even heard of Challah Bread - so I ended up using a 16 oz loaf of Vienna Bread, and it worked just fine. There was a LOT of extra liquid when I put it in the Micro. - that may be one reason it doesn't get dried out or hard.
I was thinking though - do you have one of the discontinued lids for the DDB or Rec. Baker? Maybe you could use one of those (w/o actually demoing it!).

I have made it twice, the first time "by the book" the 2nd twice with changes, 2nd time MUCH BETTER. Instead of using the wrapped carmels and making your carmel sauce, use carmel ice cream topping. Saves having to unwrap all of those carmels, and I think it holds up better. I got the carmel topping from Aldi's, and it was thick and rich and PERFECT!!! Also, we added 1/2 tsp of cinnamon. I think 1 tsp woudl be better, but we were being conservative. You are actually adding to total products sales because you add the jar opener and cinnamon, and just taking away micro cooker.

PampMomof3 said:
....... My suggestion is to make sure the host has a large enough microwave. My recruiter did not and it barely fit. Because of that, the bread was hard as a rock in like 3 spots. Not too bad but not something you can sink your teeth into!:)

I just checked my microwave and it is not big enough:mad: ! I was hoping to use the Rectangle Baker too. Darn! I wonder if this recipe would work in the Fluted Pan? What could I cover it with? The cook time would probably be shorter too since it has the center-piece in it? Any ideas? Maybe do half of the recipe in the loaf pan? Again, how to cover it?

Just wondering how this looks and how yummy it is on a scale of 1 to 10 - - Does it have that "wow factor" when you see it cooked? Did it stain your baker alot (I'm thinking I want to bring mine new)?

Thanks for your answers.
:)

1. How do I make the Caramel Apple Bread Pudding?

To make the Caramel Apple Bread Pudding, you will need 6 cups of cubed bread, 2 apples (peeled and diced), 1 cup of caramel sauce, 4 eggs, 1 cup of milk, 1 tsp of vanilla extract, and 1 tsp of cinnamon. Preheat your oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit and grease a 9x13 inch baking dish. In a large bowl, mix together the bread cubes, apples, and half of the caramel sauce. In a separate bowl, beat the eggs, milk, vanilla extract, and cinnamon together. Pour the egg mixture over the bread and apples, making sure everything is evenly coated. Pour the mixture into the baking dish and bake for 35-40 minutes. Drizzle the remaining caramel sauce over the top and let it cool for 10 minutes before serving.

2. Can I use a different type of bread for the Caramel Apple Bread Pudding?

Yes, you can use any type of bread for this recipe. Brioche, challah, or French bread work well, but you can also use regular sandwich bread or even croissants. Just make sure to cut the bread into small cubes and use about 6 cups.

3. How long does the Caramel Apple Bread Pudding last?

The Caramel Apple Bread Pudding can last in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. Just make sure to cover it tightly with plastic wrap or aluminum foil. You can also freeze the bread pudding for up to 3 months. Thaw it in the refrigerator overnight and reheat it in the oven before serving.

4. Can I use store-bought caramel sauce for this recipe?

Yes, you can use store-bought caramel sauce for convenience. However, homemade caramel sauce will give the bread pudding a richer and more decadent flavor. You can find an easy recipe for homemade caramel sauce on our website.

5. Can I make the Caramel Apple Bread Pudding ahead of time?

Yes, you can make the bread pudding ahead of time. After pouring the egg mixture over the bread and apples, cover the baking dish with plastic wrap and refrigerate for up to 24 hours. When ready to bake, remove the plastic wrap and bake as directed. You may need to add a few extra minutes to the baking time since the mixture will be cold.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Brenda K.
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
ChefBeckyD
Replies
Views
PamperedinConshy
  • lacychef
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies