• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Apple Bread Pudding: Covered Baker vs 9x13

In summary, the apple bread pudding can be made in something other then the new covered baker. You can put plastic wrap in the oven, and it won't melt.
Jennie4PC
Can the apple bread pudding be made in something other then the new covered baker? I was thinking about the 9x13 but it says it needs to be covered so I was wondering how to cover it any help would be appreciated I am planning on doing it tonght for a show

I made it in the 9x13 baker and covered it with plastic wrap. It turned out great!

thanks so much

WHere is the recipe for the apple bread pudding?

It's in the F/W Season's Best.

You can put plastic wrap in the oven? Won't it melt? :confused: I think I might try aluminum foil.

chefkristin said:
You can put plastic wrap in the oven? Won't it melt? :confused: I think I might try aluminum foil.

I put it in the microwave....

it is a micrawave recipre and it turned out great we had to put it in the round stone cause the 9x13 did not fit in her microwave but it was very yummy

Sorry I am a little slow--LOL!

different stone in micro? or in oven?
Jennie4PC said:
it is a micrawave recipre and it turned out great we had to put it in the round stone cause the 9x13 did not fit in her microwave but it was very yummy

When you say "round stone" do you mean the deep dish baker? I'd really like to try this recipe, because it sounds great, but I don't have the new covered baker, so I need to figure out what I can substitute instead of that.

Also, has anyone tried doing this in the oven? If so, how (temp, time, which stone, any other modifications to recipe) and how did it turn out?

THANKS!

I've 'nuked' it in the rec. baker and it has turned out great. I am guessing if you use the deep dish baker you may have to make sure it doesn't get too full. I would double check the sizes (cups) of each one to see the difference.

I think I baked it for about 45 minutes in a 350 oven a few weeks ago and it was great.

Related to Apple Bread Pudding: Covered Baker vs 9x13

What is the difference between using a Covered Baker and a 9x13 pan for making Apple Bread Pudding?

The Covered Baker is a special stoneware baking dish designed to cook food evenly and retain moisture, while a 9x13 pan is a standard metal or glass baking dish. The Covered Baker is ideal for making Apple Bread Pudding because it creates a steamy environment that helps the custard set and prevents the bread from drying out.

Can I use any type of bread for Apple Bread Pudding?

Yes, you can use any type of bread for Apple Bread Pudding. However, brioche or challah bread is recommended because they have a rich and buttery flavor that pairs well with the apples and custard. You can also use whole wheat or gluten-free bread if desired.

Do I need to peel the apples before adding them to the bread pudding?

It is recommended to peel the apples before adding them to the bread pudding. The skin of the apples can become tough and chewy when baked, which can affect the texture of the pudding. However, if you prefer the added texture and nutrients from the apple skin, you can leave it on.

What kind of apples should I use for Apple Bread Pudding?

You can use any type of apple for this recipe, but Granny Smith or Pink Lady apples are recommended. These varieties have a tart and slightly sweet flavor that complements the sweetness of the bread pudding. If you prefer a sweeter pudding, you can use Honeycrisp or Gala apples.

How long should I bake Apple Bread Pudding in the Covered Baker or 9x13 pan?

The baking time will vary depending on the type of pan used. In the Covered Baker, the pudding will take about 45-50 minutes to bake, while in the 9x13 pan, it will take about 60-65 minutes. It is important to check for doneness by inserting a toothpick in the center of the pudding. If it comes out clean, it is ready to be removed from the oven.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Tonyphel00
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • rebeccastt
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
rebeccastt
Replies