• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Has Anyone Made the Caprese Mini Sandwiches With French Bread?

In summary, to make Caprese Mini Sandwiches with French Bread, you will need French bread, tomatoes, fresh mozzarella cheese, basil leaves, balsamic vinegar, olive oil, salt, and pepper. While French bread is recommended, you can use other types of bread. To assemble the sandwiches, slice the bread and layer a slice of tomato, mozzarella, and basil on top. Drizzle with balsamic vinegar and olive oil, and sprinkle with salt and pepper. These sandwiches can be made without a grill or oven, and can be assembled ahead of time and refrigerated or covered until ready to serve.
cookinmelissa
I know in CN last month they talked about making them with 2 loaves of french bread. Has anyone tried this? I have a show where she is expecting 20 people. I thought this would be good to try. I am just not sure when to put the oil and seasoning on. Do I do it before the bread bakes or after? and then how would I cut them since the pita bread is really thin and the bread will be thicker. Does any of that make sense?

I have not done this for the Capresi sandwiches but the advanced Director at my hospitality mtgs does. You make it like the bread for the ring sandwiches. Oil and seas. before baking. I am offering it done this way for anyone who wants these. I will bake it the night before and trade host for unbaked loaves.

HTH

I've not done it that way, but I will the next time I do it.

It's really yummy with the pitas, but the assembly in the middle of a show is kind of awkward. Sure you can make most of them up ahead of time, but I'd rather do less work and use the french bread. :)

Do you know how they cut the ring?

It was in a Weekly Bites email. I don't remember exactly. If you save those, you can go back and look.

1. What ingredients do I need to make the Caprese Mini Sandwiches with French Bread?

To make these delicious mini sandwiches, you will need French bread, tomatoes, fresh mozzarella cheese, basil leaves, balsamic vinegar, olive oil, and salt and pepper.

2. Can I use a different type of bread instead of French bread?

While French bread is recommended for this recipe, you can certainly use a different type of bread such as ciabatta or sourdough. Just make sure to slice it into small pieces that are about the same size as the tomatoes and mozzarella.

3. How do I assemble the sandwiches?

To assemble the sandwiches, start by slicing the French bread into small pieces. Then, layer a slice of tomato, a slice of mozzarella, and a basil leaf on top of each piece of bread. Drizzle with balsamic vinegar and olive oil, and sprinkle with salt and pepper to taste.

4. Do I need to use a grill or oven to make these sandwiches?

No, these sandwiches can be made without a grill or oven. Simply assemble the ingredients on the bread and serve as is, or you can toast the bread in a pan for a few minutes to add a bit of crunch and warmth.

5. Can I make these sandwiches ahead of time?

Yes, you can assemble these sandwiches ahead of time and refrigerate them until ready to serve. Just make sure to wrap them tightly in plastic wrap to prevent them from drying out. You can also assemble them on a platter and cover with plastic wrap until ready to serve.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• ChefPaulaB
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
janezapchef
  • Bren706
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Staci
  • ChefPaulaB