• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Has Anyone Ever Read the Book "Heavenly Man" ?

In summary, a group of individuals discuss their recent book purchases and recommendations. One person bought a book by Brother Yun and is hoping it will change them spiritually. They also mention other books they have read or plan to read, including The Shack by Wm. Paul Young. Another person shares their struggle with ADHD and finishing books. Finally, a newcomer to the group shares their thoughts on the books and introduces themselves. The conversation ends with the group members heading off to celebrate Halloween.
Kitchen Diva
Gold Member
I just bought this book which was written by Brother Yun, on a recommendation from a friend.

I was told to free up an entire day to read it, so I'm doing just that.

I was just curious of any one out in CS land has ever read this book and I'm wondering what you thought? I was told it will "change me"...

Although I know the change will be spiritual- I was hoping it would make me 2 inches taller, my hair 6 inches longer, and my thighs 2 inches smaller! :)

ChefBeckyD...have you read this?

I haven't...sorry...

janetupnorth said:
I haven't...sorry...

Why, thank you! I figured it was a stretch...it's not a very heard of book. Brother Yun is from China- and this book is supposed to be amazing. I'll let you know if I become amazed while I'm reading it. :)

I was hoping Hathery would be on today- she's read a lot of books...maybe she's read this one?

I haven't read it....you'll have to give me a review.

I just bought The Shack, by Wm. Paul Young.

It looked good - and while I was reading the back cover, 3 people told me it was a "must read".....but it looks like a tear-jerker, and I have to be in a mood to read it.

Has anyone on here read it?

Normally I don't get much deeper than Joyce Meyer, or Harry Potter...so I'll let you know how this reads... I bought kleenex just in case!

I've been looking for The Shack at my church library. They have three copies and they are always gone. It was recommended to me, too. I don't read much because, well, ADHD, I guess. I read magazines, but tend to not even finish those.

JAE said:
I've been looking for The Shack at my church library. They have three copies and they are always gone. It was recommended to me, too. I don't read much because, well, ADHD, I guess. I read magazines, but tend to not even finish those.

Okay - if I finish it before you find it - you can borrow mine!:D

JAE said:

So that's why I never finish magazines...and it would also explain why I read 3 or 4 books at the same time- not simultaneously...but I don't just read one book before I start another... I start several at once and finish them at different times...

Okay, so this is my first post--I'm a total lurker, but that's besides the point! Anyway, I've read both of these books and they are amazing. They are very different, but both brought such great perspective to my faith and relationship with God. I highly recommend both! Happy reading.

Well, now that you've exposed your lurkerness....start a new thread and introduce yourself ;)

pamperedlinda said:
Well, now that you've exposed your lurkerness....start a new thread and introduce yourself ;)

Okay, okay. I'll make my way over there!!:)

KW11 said:
Okay, so this is my first post--I'm a total lurker, but that's besides the point! Anyway, I've read both of these books and they are amazing. They are very different, but both brought such great perspective to my faith and relationship with God. I highly recommend both! Happy reading.

Well, then I suppose I should get off my computer and start reading the book! I was going to start hours ago- :)

pamperedlinda said:

Welcome! Thanks for sharing about the book and welcome to Pampered Chef and CS! I can't wait to share what I think about the book.

Okay - I can't start The Shack until I can spend a few hours reading. If I start it tonight, I'll be up half of the night reading, and I have a Brunch Show tomorrow....

No, don't get off the site. I'm home alone and not much trick or treating action. I knew that and I have a movie to watch. I'm busy posting political stuff on some other sites while the sheeple are out with their kids. I'm posting other things in between each political post, to be fair to those who don't like that stuff. Anyway, I'd read, but I like to have noise at night. Peace is for daylight! (Unless I'm trying to sleep.)

Well the boys just got back from Trick or Treating...so now we have to head out for the obligatory visit to Grandpa and Grandma....

See ya!

JAE said:
No, don't get off the site. I'm home alone and not much trick or treating action. I knew that and I have a movie to watch. I'm busy posting political stuff on some other sites while the sheeple are out with their kids. I'm posting other things in between each political post, to be fair to those who don't like that stuff. Anyway, I'd read, but I like to have noise at night. Peace is for daylight! (Unless I'm trying to sleep.)

I'm home alone, and finally had to sedate the dogs because for some reason all the teens from further away neighborhoods decided to come to our peaceful little neck of the woods and they are runnin amok. I heard one mother out there yelling at them to leave.

I might just take Spirit out on his choke chain. He's medicated...and gets a bit cranky when he's drugged... that should scare a few of them away...if it doesn't- I'll call the cops... I mean I pay the third highest taxes here in MN out of the entire nation- I might as well put those taxes to good use. Besides, it's been a while since our friend Sgt. Randy stopped by... :)

Kitchen Diva said:
I just bought this book which was written by Brother Yun, on a recommendation from a friend.

I was told to free up an entire day to read it, so I'm doing just that.

I was just curious of any one out in CS land has ever read this book and I'm wondering what you thought? I was told it will "change me"...

Although I know the change will be spiritual- I was hoping it would make me 2 inches taller, my hair 6 inches longer, and my thighs 2 inches smaller! :)

ChefBeckyD...have you read this?
So far my cleared up day is coming to a close. I should plan these cleared up days a little better, don't you think? DH is out trick-or-treating with our grandson...he's 2.5 and they dressed him up as a golfer! How cute!

That is cute, the little golfer. I hope I don't forget to go pick my kids up around 10 pm.

JAE said:
That is cute, the little golfer. I hope I don't forget to go pick my kids up around 10 pm.

Hey, JAE---don't forget to pick your kids up around 10:00! LOL

Thanks for the reminder.

I was just going to apologize for the hijack, but his is your thread!

JAE said:
I was just going to apologize for the hijack, but his is your thread!

So what would you be implying my dear? Hmmmm? :blushing:

I meant to write this is your thread, and I'm not implying anything. You're hijacking it right along with me, so I didn't think I needed to apologize for the hijack. Silly.

I know that- I'm just messing with you- ;) Besides, I hijack my own hijacks... I seriously do not care if my thread is hijacked. I'm an equal opportunity hijacker!

We better stop using that word or the secret service could put us on a "no fly" list. Not that I fly very much, but just in case.

JAE said:
We better stop using that word or the secret service could put us on a "no fly" list. Not that I fly very much, but just in case.

good point! I can't move to Canada if I'm on the no fly zone...oh, wait- I can drive :D

Move to Canada?? Kacey, I know you can be spacey once in awhile, but, no matter where you live in the US, Canada is not SOUTH!! What happened to the Southern-girl wannabe?

pampchefsarah said:
Move to Canada?? Kacey, I know you can be spacey once in awhile, but, no matter where you live in the US, Canada is not SOUTH!! What happened to the Southern-girl wannabe?

I'll just drive there backwards! LOL...

Well, I'm 5 chapters into the book and might I say this is gonna end up bringing about some change...very deep, thought provoking, humbling, convicting, we got it SOOOOooo easy book! Whew!!!

Related to Has Anyone Ever Read the Book "Heavenly Man" ?

1. What is "Heavenly Man" about?

"Heavenly Man" is a book written by Brother Yun, a Chinese Christian missionary and evangelist. It is an autobiography that details his experiences and struggles as a Christian in China, including his imprisonment and torture for his faith.

2. Is "Heavenly Man" a true story?

Yes, "Heavenly Man" is based on the real-life experiences of Brother Yun.

3. What makes "Heavenly Man" different from other Christian books?

"Heavenly Man" offers a unique perspective on the Christian faith, as it is written by someone who has experienced intense persecution and suffering for their beliefs. It also provides insights into the underground church in China and the challenges faced by Christians in that country.

4. Can reading "Heavenly Man" really change a person?

While the impact of "Heavenly Man" may vary for each individual, many readers have found it to be a powerful and inspiring book that deepens their understanding of faith and encourages them to live more boldly for their beliefs.

5. Have you personally read "Heavenly Man", and what did you think of it?

I have not personally read "Heavenly Man" yet, but I have heard many positive reviews from others who have read it. Some have described it as a life-changing and eye-opening book that has strengthened their faith and challenged them to live more courageously for Christ.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• janezapchef
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
ChefBeckyD
  • The_Kitchen_Guy
  • General Chat
2 3 4
Replies
Views
The_Kitchen_Guy