• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Has Anyone Done This? How Do You Think It Worked.if Anyone Has

I am in Clarksville just two minutes from Louisville.In summary, the conversation revolves around the topic of acupuncture and its effectiveness for various health issues. Some people have had personal experiences with acupuncture and have found it to be helpful, while others have not tried it but have heard positive things about it. The general consensus is to find a reputable practitioner and give it a try. Some have also mentioned that their insurance may cover a portion of the cost. The original poster is considering trying acupuncture for her husband's chronic pain, but is concerned about the cost and whether it will actually work.
krzymomof4
Silver Member
Has anyone done this? How do you think it worked.
If anyone has followed the drama that is my husband this is the next in line of things he has suggested for his pain. However, our insurance doesn't cover it and it is $75 - $125 a week.
We don't want to pay that much if it doesn't work and really can't afford it either.
Anyone have any experience???

Re: AccupunctureI havent done it personally but I worked in an office where they did accupuncture and Some people said it worked and others said it didnt help at all.

Re: AccupunctureMy Dad did it years and years ago to quit smoking. It worked for a while too until my Grandma and her smokes moved in with us...............

Re: AccupunctureA few years back I had a infection in my jaw bone, nothing I did would help. Before they finally discovered what was wrong I was so desperate for any kinda pain relief that I tried acupuncture. I went in with a "Man I hope this works" kinda attitude but by the time I left I was Thanking God for the pain relief he had given me. Even if it doesn't work the first time I would go back and try it again. Sometimes the Doc just needs to "tweak" the pins.

Re: AccupunctureThis will sound a little crazy but several years ago my next door neighbors had a dachshund with a severe back injury (apparently back injuries are common in the wiener dog breed). Anyway, they took him for acupuncture and it worked. He seemed good as new.

Last edited:
Re: AccupunctureI have been thinking of doing this for DD who has headaches almost every day. The doctor put her on a muscle relaxant but it's not working.

Ann R.

Re: AccupunctureI went to acupuncture for positional vertigo. It helped that and it also helped my lower back a lot!!!! I recommend at least trying it. Some health insurances will give you a percent off.

Re: AccupunctureI had acupuncture to help me with depression (and it was pretty severe post-partum) and it got me off my meds and I've been fine since!

The trick is to find a good one. My acupunture dr. is in Florida and I'm in North Carolina (fortunately she's moving here....eventually). She suggests heading to a health-food store or something like it and ask around for recommendations.

Good luck!

Re: AccupunctureDH had a torn rotator cuff and the only thing that worked was acupuncture. I know a good one personally- and I've seen her do amazing things with those needles! I recommend it highly- just find a reputable one... some Chiro's offer that service! :)

Good Luck

Re: AccupunctureI'll be waiting on pins and needles until you report back how it worked.

Re: Accupuncture
The_Kitchen_Guy said:
I'll be waiting on pins and needles until you report back how it worked.

You are really sharp witted, KG!

Re: AccupunctureI won't be a pr*ck and comment on the needles...:D

I want needles, hypnosis or anything to help me with my weight. :eek:Maybe TNT will do the trick!! And hey...that rhymes with pr*ck!!!

Re: AccupunctureHave a friend at work that tried everything for his severe sinus problems and finally did accupuncture and it worked.

Kitchen Diva said:
You are really sharp witted, KG!

I'm just trying to stay on point.

Re: AccupunctureAccupuncture works in my opinion. I used to work for at a holistic medical office and while I was on the phones, the accupuncturist treated me for caffeine withdrawl...she placed needles in my ears of all places! Can you imagine greeting sick people in the office with needles in your ears? It was too funny. It worked really well by the way. One word of advice - find a reputable place...don't just go to "Bob's accupuncture and tire repair". Might not be a good idea.
:cry:

Re: AccupunctureThe doctor they want to send him to is a cancer care doctor who does acupuncture on Fridays. They talk like he knows what he is doing.

krzymomof4 said:
The doctor they want to send him to is a cancer care doctor who does acupuncture on Fridays. They talk like he knows what he is doing.

Praying that it works!

Where in Indiana are you located? I'm 15 minutes from South Bend.

Re: Accupuncturemy friend is about to start acupuncture for fertility issues. It's kind of her last hope. After reading these posts, I am starting to feel optimistic for her. Thanks guys.

Re: AccupunctureI am about 20 miles north of Louisville, KY

krzymomof4 said:
I am about 20 miles north of Louisville, KY

Opposite ends of the state.

krzymomof4 said:
I am about 20 miles north of Louisville, KY

What city are you in?

Re: AccupuncturePekin, it is near Salem

krzymomof4 said:
Pekin, it is near Salem

Not far from here at all. DH and I were house hunting up that way a few years back when he worked in Clarksville. Who is in your upline?

Re: AccupunctureCindy Coles is my SD.

Re: AccupunctureHmmmmm...Not familiar with the name.

Re: AccupunctureWho is Yours???

Re: AccupunctureI'm in the Daugherty cluster which is in the Speers cluster and from there it goes to Beth Roberts - Cindy Johnson - Darla Olemann

Related to Has Anyone Done This? How Do You Think It Worked.if Anyone Has

1. Has anyone tried using the Pampered Chef stoneware for baking bread?

Yes, many customers have successfully used our stoneware for baking bread. The stoneware helps create a crispy crust and evenly cooks the bread. We recommend following our recipe for no-knead bread for best results.

2. How do you think using the Pampered Chef food chopper compares to using a knife?

Using the Pampered Chef food chopper can save you time and effort in the kitchen. It quickly and evenly chops vegetables, fruits, and nuts with minimal effort. However, some people may prefer the control and precision of using a knife.

3. Has anyone used the Pampered Chef air fryer for cooking frozen foods?

Yes, the Pampered Chef air fryer is great for cooking frozen foods. It uses hot air to cook the food, resulting in crispy and evenly cooked frozen foods without the need for oil. We recommend following the cooking times and temperatures in our air fryer recipe book.

4. How do you think using the Pampered Chef microwave pasta cooker compares to boiling pasta on the stove?

The Pampered Chef microwave pasta cooker is a convenient and mess-free way to cook pasta. It cooks the pasta evenly and quickly, and you don't have to worry about the pot boiling over. However, some people may prefer the traditional method of boiling pasta on the stove.

5. Has anyone tried using the Pampered Chef garlic press for crushing other ingredients?

While the Pampered Chef garlic press is primarily used for crushing garlic, it can also be used for other ingredients like ginger, olives, and nuts. However, for larger and harder ingredients, we recommend using a food chopper or knife for better results.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• krzymomof4
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
krzymomof4
  • Jean DeVries
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Jean DeVries
  • cewcooks