• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Handling Bounced/Cancelled Checks: Do You Charge Host/Guest?

In summary, Pampered Chef charges a $35 fee for any returned checks, along with any additional fees charged by their bank. The responsibility for these fees lies with the host or guest who wrote the check. In certain circumstances, the fee may be waived, but this is evaluated case-by-case. If a check bounces or is cancelled, the customer will be contacted via email or phone and provided with information on how to resolve the issue. Failure to pay the fees may result in collection efforts and potential legal action. It is important to address bounced or cancelled checks promptly to avoid further consequences.
Michelle's Kitchen
I am curious to know what you all do when a host/guest bounced or cancelled check. Do you charge the host/guest all the charges you incur from the bounced or cancelled check?

Thanks.

Most definately! It's not my fault they bounce a check!

That being said, I have only had it happen about 3 times. Two times they paid all the fees and made good on the check right away. (were embarrased that it happened) and the other time I never heard from the lady. So...I ate the charges and wrote them off at tax time.

Thanks Kelly!!!

This is my first one. Left a little distaste in my mouth because she waited for me to contact her and state that she cancelled the check.

Why did she CANCEL the check? That's a bit odd!

KellyTheChef said:
Why did she CANCEL the check? That's a bit odd!

She claimed that she lost her checkbook. But who knows with that woman. And she is the mother in law with one of my coworkers.

That is very curious, indeed. She may have lost her checkbook...but she didn't lose that check!

Yes, I always pass on the fee.

1. What is the policy for handling bounced or cancelled checks at Pampered Chef?

At Pampered Chef, we understand that sometimes circumstances arise that may result in a bounced or cancelled check. Our policy is to charge a $35 fee for any returned checks, as well as any additional fees that may be charged to us by our bank.

2. Who is responsible for the fees associated with a bounced or cancelled check?

The fees associated with a bounced or cancelled check are the responsibility of the host or guest who wrote the check. This includes the $35 fee charged by Pampered Chef, as well as any additional fees charged by our bank.

3. Can the fee for a bounced or cancelled check be waived?

In rare circumstances, we may be able to waive the fee for a bounced or cancelled check. However, this is evaluated on a case-by-case basis and is not guaranteed. If you are experiencing financial hardship, please reach out to our customer service team for assistance.

4. How will I be notified if my check bounces or is cancelled?

If your check bounces or is cancelled, we will contact you via email or phone to inform you of the issue. We will also provide you with information on how to resolve the situation and pay any outstanding fees.

5. What happens if I do not pay the fees associated with a bounced or cancelled check?

If you do not pay the fees associated with a bounced or cancelled check, your account may be subject to collection efforts and may result in legal action. It is important to address any issues with bounced or cancelled checks as soon as possible to avoid any further consequences.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• KayPT
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
lesliec
  • jenniferm
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
Sheila
  • jimgass