• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Out of Money & Options: Check Bounced & I'm Out $65.31

In summary, the host owes the guest $. The guest's bank charged her $5 for a bounced check, so the guest has to get the money from the host.
KayPT
I am so mad. The check from the host for 60.31 bounced and I was charged a $5 fee in addition to not getting the $. The problem is that I just found out today and I deposited it 9/3/10. I bank with USAA and scan all my deposits in but think I need to switch to a local bank to hopefully find out sooner. I e-mailed this person, but what are my options?? So far I am out the $ and the products. Thank you!

You were only charged $5 for a bounced check? My bank charges me $20 when someone bounces a check. Add the fee onto the amount the host owes you.

The only option is to get the money from the host. I always request the money that my bank charged me (my bank only charges $5-7). Only 1 person has not paid me for that but it was my cousin so it was okay with me. Luckily for me the first two that bounced, the person actually called me first before I even knew it bounced but my bank let me know within 1 week by mailing the check back to me.

Require cash or money order as payment from her. I agree, add on the bounced check fee as well.

Becca_in_MD said:
Require cash or money order as payment from her. I agree, add on the bounced check fee as well.

That too, forgot to add that!

We use USAA too, and the reason it takes so long is b/c they try to redeposit them twice, meaning that she got 2 or maybe 3 bounced check fees from her bank. That really sucks for her.
I do use a local bank for PC stuff. I always ask hosts if they can just give me a credit card over the phone to close out shows. I would suggest sending her an email, so at least you have it in writing if she tries to come back on you.

1. What should I do if my check bounced and I'm out $65.31?

If your check bounced and you're out $65.31, the first step is to contact your bank and find out why the check was returned. It could be due to insufficient funds, a closed account, or other issues. Once you know the reason, you can take appropriate action to resolve the situation.

2. Can I get my money back if my check bounced?

If your check bounced and you're out $65.31, you may be able to get your money back by contacting the person or business who wrote the check and requesting a new payment. You can also try reaching out to your bank and explaining the situation to see if they can reverse the transaction.

3. How can I avoid having my check bounce in the future?

To avoid having your check bounce in the future, make sure you have enough funds in your account to cover the amount of the check before writing it. You can also consider setting up overdraft protection with your bank or using alternative payment methods, such as online transfers or credit cards.

4. Will my bank charge me a fee for a bounced check?

Most banks will charge a fee for a bounced check, typically ranging from $25 to $50. However, the exact amount may vary depending on your bank and account type. It's best to check with your bank for their specific fee policies.

5. Can a bounced check affect my credit score?

If your check bounces and you don't take action to resolve the issue, it can potentially affect your credit score. This is because the person or business who was supposed to receive the payment may report it to a credit bureau, resulting in a negative mark on your credit report. It's important to address the situation promptly to avoid any negative impact on your credit score.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• wadesgirl
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
esavvymom
  • dannyzmom
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
chefann
  • jimgass