• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Grilling: Is a Grill Pan Worth It?

In summary, So I thought I'd try a poll. I don't have the grill pan and have had several people asking if it is worth the cost.I LOOOOOVVVVEEEEEEEE mine!!! I use it at EVERY show now. It's a great pan b/c not every household has a grill pan and press. I was finding it harder to thrill people with the 12" skillet as time went on. The GP and P have been a great solution.I borrowed one from a consultant friend of mine and I am dreading the day I have to give it back. I have to host my own show soon so that I can get one!!!! Its amazingGreat poll Kay! 16 votes & not

Grill Pan. Do you love it?

• Love it, use it frequently, worth the money.

Votes: 44 83.0%
  • Do not like it, sits in the cupboard.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • In the middle.

Votes: 9 17.0%

• Total voters
KayPT
So I thought I'd try a poll. I don't have the grill pan and have had several people asking if it is worth the cost.

I LOOOOOVVVVVEEEEEEEE mine!!! I use it at EVERY show now. It's a great pan b/c not every household has a grill pan and press. I was finding it harder to thrill people with the 12" skillet as time went on. The GP and P have been a great solution.

I borrowed one from a consultant friend of mine and I am dreading the day I have to give it back. I have to host my own show soon so that I can get one!!!! Its amazing

Great poll Kay! 16 votes & not one hate it ... that's good! :D

love mine!

Well, I know one grill pan hater that doesn't post during the day.

I'm in the midddle ... Roomie hates it and I TRY to love it! I find it much easier to clean than the foreman. We agree we don't like it for burgers because there's no place for lots of grease to drain. But I do like it for pork chops, and love "chicken your way."

I absolutely love this pan! I sold 3 this weekend at full price!! It has been a hit at my shows!

jla8279 said:
I absolutely love this pan! I sold 3 this weekend at full price!! It has been a hit at my shows!

What are you saying to sell 3 at full price?

Mine should be in this week! I already have ppl excited about the Chicken Your Way shows! And my calendar needs HELP! SO I am really gonna push it1 We grill ALL the time, so i am hoping that this makes my life easier at home this winter too!

I'm loving the responses and the poll results. Thank you and keep them coming!

I put that we love ours (it's actually my sister's, just borrowing until ours comes in this week), I did a Chicken Your Way show and it turned out very well with the grill pan. My only problem was that I slightly burned the chicken on one side (I had to do this show without the press, yes, it's coming this week too). I loved it!! I think I had my heat too high and that is why it burned. But my daughter (who is an excellent cook) tried doing pork chops the other night in the grill pan. It was so smoky in this house, worse than opening a door to a honky tonk on a Saturday night. Has anyone else had this problem? I told her I think she had the heat too high, but she argued that it needed to be set where whe had it at so the pork would cook all the way through. Is this normal, or where are we going wrong? I really like this pan and am determined to use it, and I know the problem is at my end. Like I said, this is my sister's pan, she bought it at a show (another consultant) about a year ago and it was still in the box! She said she didn't know what to use it for! I have properly informed her now and she bought the grill press, yeah!

MEDIUM heat and THIS IS VERY IMPORTANT: Do NOT add oil to the pan ... brush it on the meat. You're heating a clean, dry pan and then it shouldn't smoke.I've turned it up a bit higher, and haven't had any problems. Most pork chops aren't that thick.

Ok, I have been hemming and hawing over getting this piece of cookware. Reason being is that we LOVE to grill and move the grill to our porch for the winter. I also tend to have an average of 8-10 guests at my shows and wondered how I would be able to make that much "chicken your way" at once. I'm still up in the air about it...

Krista Burson said:
Ok, I have been hemming and hawing over getting this piece of cookware. Reason being is that we LOVE to grill and move the grill to our porch for the winter. I also tend to have an average of 8-10 guests at my shows and wondered how I would be able to make that much "chicken your way" at once. I'm still up in the air about it...

I had a friend order over $150 worth of product the other day, so I submitted it as a show, and went ahead and got myself the grill pan. I've wanted it for a while, longer than the Chicken Your Way thing. I had a chance before but I let DH decide, and he wanted the 11" griddle. I figure, if I don't like it, I have 30 days to return it.

I like mine. It's great to have that option. It's not the first pan I'd suggest getting, but once you have the basics it's worth the cost.

I like mine, but I don't like cleaning it! Although it's gotten better since I got a kitchen brush.
I have never taken that heavy grill press to a show.

Related to Grilling: Is a Grill Pan Worth It?

1. Is a grill pan worth the investment?

Yes, a grill pan is definitely worth the investment. It allows you to enjoy the taste of grilled food without having to use an outdoor grill. Plus, it is a versatile kitchen tool that can be used for cooking a variety of foods.

2. Can I use a grill pan on any type of stove?

Most grill pans are designed to be used on gas or electric stovetops. However, it is important to check the manufacturer's instructions to ensure it is safe to use on your specific type of stove.

3. How do I clean a grill pan?

Cleaning a grill pan is similar to cleaning any other pan. Allow it to cool down before washing it with warm, soapy water. Use a non-abrasive sponge or brush to remove any food particles. For stubborn stains, you can soak the pan in warm, soapy water for a few minutes before scrubbing.

4. Can I use metal utensils on a grill pan?

It is best to avoid using metal utensils on a grill pan, as they can scratch the non-stick surface. Opt for silicone, wood, or plastic utensils instead.

5. Are there any safety precautions I should take when using a grill pan?

When using a grill pan, it is important to handle it with care as it can get very hot. Always use oven mitts or potholders when handling the pan. Also, make sure to place the pan on a stable surface and avoid overcrowding it with food to prevent it from tipping over.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• ChefDi
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
baychef
  • trps
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
doughmama
  • JanisF