• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Executive Grill Pan Vs Previous Version (Professional?)

In summary, the author likes the grill pan better than the professional grill pan because the browning is more even and the clean up is easier.
esavvymom
Staff member
I have an older version of the grill pan. i think it is from the Professional line. ( whatever was the line before Executive, but it was before my time). I have never been "in love" with my grill pan, barely "in like".

I am wondering.....is there a big difference in the two lines that would warrant me getting the executive grill pan while it is on sale??? I LOVE my other executive pans, so just wondering if maybe the grill pan is better somehow.

Can you borrow a grill pan & press from someone near you and try it out? I love mine, but I don't know how it compares to the old style. I do know that the press makes all the difference. I didn't have it at first and couldn't figure out what all the fuss was about the grill pan. Once I got the press and learned to preheat the pan & press for 5 min. first, it has made me a believer. :D

I do have the current press. When I bought the pan used, it was just the pan, so I added the press.I knew that when I had the professional 12" skillet, I liked it, but I love my Executive 12" so much better! My mom has the professional 12" now.

I had the professional (now passed down to a son) and now have the executive. It has the same differences that the other pans have - nonstick on the outside, silicone handle... It seems to me it cleans easier but it could be that I am just better at that now. There's something about it that makes me like it better but then it could be that it just grew on me.What is it that you are luke warm about when it comes to that pan? At first I wasn't thrilled with the cleaning those ridges and I didn't see the hoopla of a grill pan but I have to say that I love it now. Often if it's late or the weather is bad we'll do our grilling on it and I love panini sandwiches and I can make chicken or other meats quickly with it and the press...

I use my professional grill pan at shows and just explain that it is the previous version and that the executive is even better. I actually think it is a bonus because people see how well this one has held up and they say "the executive is BETTER!?" and it gives them a good idea of the quality of our products. No one has ever complained because I was using a discontinued product.

I only have the professional (I was so excited that I earned it during my Super Starter period!) So I have been in business over 9 years and it is still in great shape. The main thing I use mine for is grilling chicken tenders for salads. I buy a couple of pounds when they are on sale and marinate them (I like Hot Teriyaki) and grill. I put them on a cookie sheet in the freezer until they are frozen, bag them in a zip lock and anytime I want a salad I can pull out 2 or 3 and nuke to thaw. It is also great for bacon, hamburgers. I have also done Paninis at a show. It is probably one of my favorite pieces of cookware, even though the sugar in the teriyaki sauce makes it stick bad it cleans up so easy!

I have both. The biggest difference I found is that the browning is much more even. With or without the grill press in fact. I think the heat distributes much better in the Executive pan than in the Professional. The second, the clean up. Way easier if I goof and over cook something, burn it actually! Especially if I have a marinade on the meat I am cooking. Sticky is sticky but the Executive is much easily to clean.

Hi there! As a fellow pampered chef consultant, I completely understand your dilemma. The Executive Grill Pan is definitely a game-changer compared to the previous version from the Professional line. The main difference is the non-stick surface, which is much more durable and long-lasting in the Executive version. It also has a wider cooking area and higher sides, making it perfect for grilling larger cuts of meat or vegetables. Plus, the handles are designed for a better grip and easier maneuvering. In my personal experience, the Executive Grill Pan has exceeded my expectations and has become a staple in my kitchen. I highly recommend taking advantage of the sale and upgrading to the Executive version. You won't regret it! Happy grilling!

1. What are the main differences between the Executive Grill Pan and the previous version (Professional)?

The Executive Grill Pan has a taller ridged grilling surface and a deeper drip tray compared to the previous version. It also has a new non-stick coating and a sturdier handle for easier handling.

2. Is the Executive Grill Pan dishwasher safe?

Yes, the Executive Grill Pan is dishwasher safe for easy clean-up. However, we recommend hand-washing for a longer lifespan of the non-stick coating.

3. Can the Executive Grill Pan be used on all stovetops?

Yes, the Executive Grill Pan is suitable for use on all stovetops, including gas, electric, and induction stovetops.

4. What are the dimensions of the Executive Grill Pan?

The Executive Grill Pan measures 13.5 inches in length, 10.5 inches in width, and 3 inches in height. The grilling surface measures 11 inches by 7 inches.

5. Can the Executive Grill Pan be used for grilling meats and vegetables?

Yes, the Executive Grill Pan is perfect for grilling meats, vegetables, and even fruits. The ridged surface helps to create beautiful grill marks and the deep drip tray collects excess oils and juices for healthier cooking.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• scrappergirl7
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
BethCooks4U
  • momoftwins
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
dianevill
  • meganmcg