• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Grilling for Beginners: Overcoming Nerves for a Successful Show

will ask my hubby what the name of the website is that he gets all his bbq tips from.Why not find a family member or a good friend who is good with grilling and ask them to help you with the show and throw in for helping you one of our products .:)I Highly recommend the Italian Style Grilled Pizza. I had never done a grill show before either, and was nervous about doing one this summer. This was a big hit, and was very, very easy.
Ann F
Gold Member
OK. I'm nervous. I'm not proficient at grilling, but my host wants a grilling show. What should I do?

Thanks!

Have you ever seen the Thrill for the Grill documents? I will email them to you if you would like to look at them.

Maybe you can make a joke at the beginning of the show something like I may be a Martha Stewert in the Kitchen but I'm not with the grill.

I will ask my hubby what the name of the website is that he gets all his bbq tips from.

Why not find a family member or a good friend who is good with grilling and ask them to help you with the show and throw in for helping you one of our products .:)

I Highly recommend the Italian Style Grilled Pizza. I had never done a grill show before either, and was nervous about doing one this summer. This was a big hit, and was very, very easy.

Melinda

melindag said:
I Highly recommend the Italian Style Grilled Pizza. I had never done a grill show before either, and was nervous about doing one this summer. This was a big hit, and was very, very easy.

Melinda

i agree! this is the only thing i make on the grill.My husband does anything else. The antipasto pizza (S/S SB) is great too.its even easier because the toppings don't go on until it comes off the grill.

Where's the recipe for the Italian grilled pizza? I guess my eyes just pass over anything that has the 'g' word in it!

I absolutely love the Itialian grilled pizza! I make it year round! I just use flour tortillias and do it in my fam skillet kinda like quesadillas YUM!!

An easy grill show is a burger bar. Have someone grill the burgers (can even be done ahead and then throw them back on to heat them up) then just demo the slice n grate for tomatoes & onion, Chef knife for lettuce, Cheese grater. I do at least one pepper with the v-shape cutter to show ho cute you can dispaly Rellish (green pepper) Ketchup (red pepper) Mustard (yellow pepper) I do ask them to look for peppers that are kinda flat on the bottom.. (you do not need to do all 3. one show the idea) I also use lots of SA for display.

Of course start out by talking about cookware and stoneware!

Italian grilled pizza is in Casual cooking along with lots of other great grill stuff!

I did a grilling show this summer with salads. It was totally hands-on. I used the 3 rubs on 6 boneless chicken breasts (2 each) and had them on the grill as guests were arriving. This showed off the grilling tools. I let the guests help prep and chop salad ingredients. Lettuce went in the Big SA Bowl. The rest of the ingredients in the Chillzane rectangular server. Salad dressing in the Measure Mix & Pour (Good Seasons Italian - something easy). Sliced the chicken using the utility knife and had it on 3 SA Medium Squares.

Guests just assembled their salad as they wanted. This turned out to be a $1200 show. This would be a great way now to show off the new knives in Sept and get October bookings!

Attached is the Italian Grilled Pizza recipe - I highly recommend that too! It's yum!

Attachments

• Italian Grilled Pizza.doc
    22 KB · Views: 419
Last edited:
Cindycooks said:
I did a grilling show this summer with salads. It was totally hands-on. I used the 3 rubs on 6 boneless chicken breasts (2 each) and had them on the grill as guests were arriving. This showed off the grilling tools. I let the guests help prep and chop salad ingredients. Lettuce went in the Big SA Bowl. The rest of the ingredients in the Chillzane rectangular server. Salad dressing in the Measure Mix & Pour (Good Seasons Italian - something easy). Sliced the chicken using the utility knife and had it on 3 SA Medium Squares.

Guests just assembled their salad as they wanted. This turned out to be a $1200 show. This would be a great way now to show off the new knives in Sept and get October bookings!

Attached is the Italian Grilled Pizza recipe - I highly recommend that too! It's yum!
Hey I would have baught at that show ... Sounds like a lot of fun

bbauman07 said:
Have you ever seen the Thrill for the Grill documents? I will email them to you if you would like to look at them.

Maybe you can make a joke at the beginning of the show something like I may be a Martha Stewert in the Kitchen but I'm not with the grill.

I will ask my hubby what the name of the website is that he gets all his bbq tips from.
:) Hello
That sounds like a great party idea. Could you send it to me please.....!I am jump starting my business. I just left my outside full time job so I can devote all my time to PC. :eek: Wish me luck....
Andrea Daniels
[email protected]:) :)

What tools do I need to start grilling?

To start grilling, you will need a grill (gas or charcoal), a spatula, tongs, a basting brush, and a meat thermometer. Optional tools include a grill brush for cleaning, skewers for grilling vegetables or kabobs, and a meat injector for adding flavor to your meat.

Do I need to marinate my meat before grilling?

Marinating is not always necessary, but it can add flavor and tenderness to your meat. If you choose to marinate, make sure to do so for at least 30 minutes or up to 24 hours in the refrigerator. Always discard any leftover marinade that has come into contact with raw meat.

How do I know when my meat is done?

Using a meat thermometer is the most accurate way to determine when your meat is done. The internal temperature for different types of meat will vary, but as a general rule, poultry should reach 165°F, pork should reach 145°F, and beef should reach 130°F for medium-rare and 140°F for medium. You can also make a small cut in the meat to check for doneness, but this may result in loss of juices.

What are some beginner-friendly grilling recipes?

Some easy and delicious grilling recipes for beginners include grilled chicken skewers, grilled vegetables, burgers, and grilled shrimp. You can also try grilling fruits like peaches or pineapple for a tasty dessert.

How can I prevent my food from sticking to the grill?

To prevent food from sticking to the grill, make sure to preheat your grill and brush the grates with oil before adding your food. You can also lightly coat your food with oil or use a marinade with oil to create a barrier between the food and the grill. Avoid constantly flipping or moving the food, as this can cause it to stick. And make sure to clean your grill grates after each use to prevent buildup.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• ckarasevic
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
ckarasevic
  • jpanzenhagen
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
linzbeth
  • wadesgirl