• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Grill vs Griddle: What's Best for French Toast?

Plus, the grill pan is so easy to clean - you can just throw it in the dishwasher! I also have the square griddle which is great for making pancakes and french toast, or grilled cheese -we like to eat breakfast for dinner a lot.
basketmom2
Hi, trying to decide which pan I should get. The grill or square griddle. Can you make french toast in the grill pan? I wish the walls were higher in the griddle.

Thanks for your opinoin.

The griddle is big...with the handles, it is kind of awekward to store... JMO... I would like the square griddle, as I do not have that one yet.

I have both the grill pan and square griddle. We do use the griddle pan for french toast. We do use our grill pan more especially now that it's cold outside. I've cooked steaks, pork chops, and boneless chicken breast and they all come out so juicy it's unbelievable. I would also recommend getting the grill press. Plus you can't forget the panini's.

my husband swore we didn't need the grill pan. Well, I got it because of the grill press and now he uses it ALL the time! In fact, I was at a vendor showcase last night and its sitting on the stove because he made hamburgers last night. He is too funny!:)

I would imagine that making french toast in the grill pan is not out of the question. I have both pans and absolutely would suggest the grill pan to anyone! Grill veggies, paninis, meat......maybe I'll have to try french toast! It's definitely worth getting...I have the grill press as well and love that!

I think the grill pan is better for your business. More people are looking for something like that, plus you can do panini shows.

I LOVE the grill pan. I threw out my George Foreman because I was tired of trying to clean it. You can do anything in it ... plus it really keeps the meat moist. The grill press is an awesome tool with the grill pan. I plan on using it in January for my shows since Cookware will be on special.

I agree - the grill pan is awesome - makes chicken breasts so incredibly moist - my family loves it. I've also used it for fish as well. Glad I have it - much easier than cleaning your outdoor grill as well!! I also have the square griddle which is great for making pancakes and french toast, or grilled cheese -we like to eat breakfast for dinner a lot.

Gina

I LOVE my grill pans. My steaks are very moist in it!! I cook hamburgers and chicken too. I went panini crzy when I first got it. Any sandwich that would be done h ot instantly became a panini!

cmdtrgd said:
I think the grill pan is better for your business. More people are looking for something like that, plus you can do panini shows.

I agree! I've had several people buy the grill pan full price at a show b/c they liked it so much!

1. What is the main difference between a grill and a griddle?

The main difference between a grill and a griddle is the surface. A grill has raised ridges that create char marks on food, while a griddle has a flat surface that allows for even cooking.

2. Which one is better for making French toast?

It ultimately depends on personal preference, but many people prefer using a griddle for French toast because the flat surface allows for more even browning and the bread doesn't get stuck in between the ridges like it would on a grill.

3. Can I still get the same char marks on my French toast using a griddle?

No, a griddle will not produce the same char marks as a grill. However, you can still achieve a nice golden brown color and delicious flavor on your French toast using a griddle.

4. Do I need to use oil or butter when using a griddle for French toast?

Yes, it is recommended to use a small amount of oil or butter on your griddle when making French toast to prevent sticking and add flavor.

5. Can I use a grill or griddle pan on my stovetop for French toast?

Yes, both a grill and griddle pan can be used on a stovetop for making French toast. Just make sure to evenly distribute the heat and use oil or butter to prevent sticking.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
chellb1234
  • dwyerkim
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
Chef Kearns
  • BethCooks4U
  • Products and Tips
Replies