• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Grill Tray in the Oven/Broiler?

In summary, the Grill Tray is safe to use in both the oven and broiler, but it is recommended to use it on a lower heat setting to prevent warping or damage. To clean the tray, it can be hand washed with warm soapy water or placed in the dishwasher. It is safe to cook both meat and vegetables on the Grill Tray, with the meat on the raised ridges and the vegetables on the flat surface. However, it is not recommended for use on a gas or charcoal grill.
Maragib
Do you think that the grill tray will be safe under a gas broiler oven? I had a customer ask tonight and since I can't call HO till monday I figured I would ask here. The use and care doesn't say no. I would think that it would be fine since it can be used on direct heat on the grill.
Any thoughts? Thanks
Mara

I don't see anything in the paperwork either way. Sorry, I'm no help at all.

If she does try to use it, I would make sure there is another pan/baking sheet underneath it to catch any drippings from whatever she's trying to cook. Not sure WHY she'd want to do that really :confused: but a pan to catch crumbs/drippings would prevent any fire hazard or a mess in the oven.

I wouldn't try it. If she tries it and it ruins the tray, I doubt PC would replace it because it is outside the scope of the use and care instructions.

Thanks for the thoughts! Bobbi - she was planning using the med. sheet pan underneath it. I will be calling in, she bought it, but said she wanted to know by the end of the week, we'll see. thanks again. Mara

Just in case anyone was wondering, the test Kitchen said it would be fine in the oven under the broiler but to just be careful about doing high fatty items unless you use a deep baking sheet or other to catch the drippings. Mara

Thanks for posting the information, Mara. Good to know!

Cool. I'll keep that in mind. Thanks.

Related to Grill Tray in the Oven/Broiler?

1. Can I use the Grill Tray in the oven?

Yes, the Grill Tray is safe to use in the oven. However, it is recommended to use it on a lower heat setting to prevent any warping or damage to the tray.

2. Can I use the Grill Tray in the broiler?

Yes, the Grill Tray is safe to use in the broiler. It is also recommended to use it on a lower heat setting and to keep a close eye on your food to prevent burning.

3. How do I clean the Grill Tray after using it in the oven or broiler?

The Grill Tray is dishwasher safe, but it is also recommended to hand wash it with warm soapy water. You can also use a non-abrasive scrubber to remove any stuck-on food.

4. Can I use the Grill Tray to cook meat and vegetables at the same time?

Yes, the Grill Tray is designed to cook both meat and vegetables at the same time. However, be sure to place the meat on the raised ridges and the vegetables on the flat surface to ensure even cooking.

5. Can I use the Grill Tray on a gas or charcoal grill?

The Grill Tray is not recommended for use on a gas or charcoal grill as it is not designed to withstand direct flames. It is best used in the oven or broiler for optimal results.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• gailz2
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
wadesgirl
  • kcjodih
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
kcjodih
Replies