• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Great Booking Turnout! 6 Out of 10

In summary, Joanne had a successful show with 10 adult guests and received 6 bookings out of it. One of the bookings was particularly memorable as the host canceled a conflicting Home Interiors show to have a Pampered Chef party instead. Gillian also had a similar experience at her party and got a new recruit. Trish shares her own success story with a first-time recruit having a $1,000 show. The conversation also includes tips for handling conflicting parties and underage recruits.
ChefinHarmony
I just had to share.. I had a show last night with 10 adult guests (there were a few young girls there, but they actually helped boost my sales!) Anyway, I got SIX - yes, 6 Bookings out of it!! I don't have a clue how - I was shocked. I have 3 on my calendar with set dates and 3 for "call me after the holidays". My first booking was cute... she fell in love with the Santuko. She said "I'm having an Oct show" - and her Mom said "But you have a Home Interiors show scheduled in Oct!" she replied with "I'll cancel it!" So I was secretly smiling... when she came up to place her order, she said "I have a particular date in mind, can you do Oct. 24th?" I was open - she was thrilled. Then I heard her tell her Mom "I set it for the 24th, the same day I was going to do my HI party. I already spread the word out about that date - now I'll just cancel with HI and tell everyone its PC instead." I've never had that happen before, but I was quite proud of the fact that she selected our show/product over another home show! People love the knives and they want them on special! I actually want the Host to sell and give her the 6 bookings! Just wanted to share....
Joanne

Congrats Joanne! That is great! Make sure you make it perfectly clear to the host that she gets those bookings and can have her first six shows already done!

(I had a situation kinda like this tonight! I met a neighbor at a separate PC show that I did last weekend. Since she is my neighborI invited her to my CM party tonight. She came and had a blast. She is about to move to a remote part of AK and the CM consultant started talking about how great direct sales companies are in the "bush". The CM cons left and I gave her recruiting info. She is really excited and said she would call tomorrow!! YES!!)

Awesome for BOTH of you:D 6 out of 10 people booked? Must have been a fun show!
Gillian: way to take that opportunity! You'll be a director in no time!
BTW: I think you may catch Anne, when I logged on, you were the last poster on EVERY thread:p

Joanne -- Did you say or do anything in particular? Would like to know the "magic" of your success!Trish Kidd
""Toolbelt Trish in Texas"
My first recruit had $1,000 show her first time out!!!

If the host says that she is going to do that I would not talk her out of making my business her priority but I would suggest that she reschedule the other home party. That consultant is trying to make a living too.

I would never suggest that anyone do that and if someone has a different show scheduled but wants the special I would suggest a catalog show and then booking the Cooking show for a month or so later so she can get more host benefits. (Not saying you did that! :eek: It definitely sounds like it was all her idea - just saying what I would do if she said "I have a different show scheduled but...")

That is awsome Ihad sort of the same experince happen to me about a week ago... but I got two bookings well it's a mom and daughter team. Not only did the daughter mark interested in hosting a show but she is interested in the opportunity as well.. Problem is she is 17 and doesn't turn 18 till Mar of next year... Does any one have any suggestions how to handle that one??

Way to go Joanne!! Sounds like they must have enjoyed your personality, the fun that you created and mut have known your product. I would send the remaining 3 a holiday mini catalog just to REMIND them that you are still going to call them and that you haven't forgotten about them. That seems to happen around the holidays. This way oyu will be sure to get them booked.

mommyhugz1978 said:
Not only did the daughter mark interested in hosting a show but she is interested in the opportunity as well.. Problem is she is 17 and doesn't turn 18 till Mar of next year... Does any one have any suggestions how to handle that one??
Suggest she hold a show, maybe in Dec or Jan, and use part of the host benefit to buy down the kit and schedule a signing appointment on or real near her birthday. Keep in regular contact until then. Have her come to your team meetings starting now so she keeps her excitement and learns in the meantime.

That's a great idea, Beth! I second that!

I was just posting on the ones that were applicable to me :) LOL! I had to make it to 1900 before I went to bed!

Beth,
I was not involved in her Home Interiors discussion at all so I didn't feel I should say anything. I just "overheard" her talking to her Mother about it the whole time (it was a small house we were in) - her Mom was shocked she wanted to cancel the HI party and then again when she put the PC one on the same day. The Booking never said anything about her other show directly to me - she just really wanted the Santuko knife and that date. So, I don't feel I did anything wrong there or that I should have said anything different.

Anyway....What did I do? Who knows! I am still shocked a bit! I would really like to recruit the Host - she's a sister of 2 really good friends of mine.

I don't think I really did anything special.... I passed around my "booking binder" with the upcoming specials. There was a old consultant there (retired) who talked up the company the whole time. When the one guest started talking about booking the show, everyone just kinda chimed in. When I took their order, I just asked them "Would you be interested in Hosting a show in the next Six Months?" And then I showed them the upcoming specials. One of the bookings was the old consultant! I was in a good mood and the recipes were easy.

Have Fun!
Joanne

Joanne
What did you do at your show? share with us maybe it can help us do that!
thanks
Darlene

I did a show yesterday for my son's girlfriends mom. I have been VERY nervous, she is precious but had never been to one of my shows.

she didn't invite many guests so I was a little discouraged.
8 people showed up, 1 is thinking about selling, 6 people booked a date on my calendar, $660 in sales so far.

I was ecstatic, one lady was brought as a guest she has been a fantastic past host who had moved 2 times since 2001 and hasn't been getting my mailings. so she rebooked

Today is my open house so i'm up to prepare food.

Teresa

Teresa Lynn said:
I did a show yesterday for my son's girlfriends mom. I have been VERY nervous, she is precious but had never been to one of my shows.

she didn't invite many guests so I was a little discouraged.
8 people showed up, 1 is thinking about selling, 6 people booked a date on my calendar, $660 in sales so far.

I was ecstatic, one lady was brought as a guest she has been a fantastic past host who had moved 2 times since 2001 and hasn't been getting my mailings. so she rebooked

Today is my open house so i'm up to prepare food.

Teresa

What recipes are you making?

ChefinHarmony said:
Beth,
I was not involved in her Home Interiors discussion at all so I didn't feel I should say anything. I just "overheard" her talking to her Mother about it the whole time (it was a small house we were in) - her Mom was shocked she wanted to cancel the HI party and then again when she put the PC one on the same day. The Booking never said anything about her other show directly to me - she just really wanted the Santuko knife and that date. So, I don't feel I did anything wrong there or that I should have said anything different.
You did absolutely nothing wrong in booking that show!

Sounds like you (and that past consultant) did a great job promoting the host program. Good for you!

One other thought... I'm terrified of the Santuko - I'm just really clumsy with knives in general (I had a previous post about cutting my finger already!). Anyway, I have the paring knife and the Santuko. When I talked about the knives, I passed around the Santuko - telling them to be very careful, etc - then I used the paring for my demo. I think the "knife special" sold itself! Maybe that helped. It was probably a show I was just having fun at - not nervous at all. The guests were talking up the product - a very happy PC group. That's about it! It was a "Healthy Tailgating" show I came up with. We made the Touchdown Taco Dip (subsituting low fat everything), Hot Pizza Dip, French Bread, Cannoli Dip and the Berry Tartlets.
Joanne

Joanne,
That is awesome!!!! Send those booking vibes to me in Western PA and everybody on this loop!!!

I would be torn if that happened! I would be happy for me, but feel bad for the other consultant. 6 out of 10 is AMAZING! Keep up whatever it is you're doing!!!!

Cool!
I'm wondering how was the touchdown taco dip with low fat ingredients?

Kris

Just realized I didn't answer you - it was yummy! You couldn't taste the difference. We didn't use Fat Free - just Low Fat.
Joanne

Related to Great Booking Turnout! 6 Out of 10

1. How can I increase my booking turnout for my Pampered Chef party?

There are a few key things you can do to increase your booking turnout. First, make sure to send out invitations or reminders at least a week in advance. This gives people time to plan and make arrangements to attend. Second, offer a special incentive or gift for those who book a party at your event. This will encourage them to commit on the spot. Third, provide a fun and engaging atmosphere at your party, with interactive demonstrations and delicious food samples. This will make people excited about hosting their own party.

2. What is a good booking turnout percentage to aim for?

A good booking turnout percentage to aim for is around 50%. This means that for every 10 guests at your party, you should aim to book at least 5 parties. However, keep in mind that this number can vary depending on the size and demographics of your guest list. Some parties may have a higher booking turnout, while others may have a lower one.

3. How can I encourage guests to book parties at my event?

One effective way to encourage guests to book parties at your event is to offer a special hostess discount or promotion. This could be a percentage off their party total or a free product of their choice. Additionally, make sure to highlight the benefits of hosting a Pampered Chef party, such as free products, discounts, and a fun and easy way to get together with friends and family.

4. What should I do if my booking turnout is lower than expected?

If your booking turnout is lower than expected, don't get discouraged. Take a look at your party invitation list and make sure you are reaching out to a diverse group of people. You can also try offering a last-minute booking incentive or reaching out to guests individually to follow up and see if they are interested in hosting a party. Additionally, make sure to continue promoting your business and upcoming parties on social media and through word-of-mouth.

5. Is it important to follow up with guests after the party to encourage bookings?

Yes, it is important to follow up with guests after the party to encourage bookings. This shows that you value their support and are interested in helping them host a successful party. You can send a personalized thank you message and include information about hosting a party, such as available dates and potential hostess rewards. It's also a good idea to follow up a week or two after the party to remind guests about the booking incentives or promotions you may be offering.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• CAPCnewbie
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
Rosechef
  • KaiKendall
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
Jolie_Paradoxe
  • lockhartkitchen