• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Great Baked Apple and Caramel Sauce Recipe

In summary, the recipe calls for baking apples with a creamy caramel sauce. The recipe can be varied by substituting other chopped nuts or dried fruits.
chefshawna
Gold Member
I got these recipes from a site I belong to and thought they looked good. I thought that the apples could be done using PC tools. They take too long to make for shows, but would be great for fall activities!! I even thought that if you were having a HWC cooking show this could be something that you have coming out of the oven as the guests are arriving. I hope you enjoy!!

Baked Apples with Creamy Caramel Sauce
1. This recipe can be varied by substituting other chopped nuts or dried fruits. Dried currants, cherries or cranberries and chopped dried apricots work well, as do pecans, almonds or hazelnuts.

6 medium apples (Jonagold, Braeburn or Gala)
1/4 cup unsalted butter, softened
1/4 cup packed brown sugar
1/4 cup pure maple syrup
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/2 cup raisins
1/2 cup finely chopped walnuts
Purchased caramel sauce

1. Heat oven to 325°F. Remove core from apples with apple corer or small knife; place apples in 13x9-inch pan.

2. Combine butter, brown sugar, maple syrup and cinnamon in small bowl. Stir in raisins and walnuts. Spoon mixture into center of apples; cover with foil.

3. Bake 1 hour to 1 hour 15 minutes or until apples are tender when pierced with knife. Serve warm with caramel sauce spooned over top.

6 servings

PER SERVING: 515 calories, 25 g total fat (12 g saturated fat), 2.5 g protein, 76.5 g carbohydrate, 55 mg cholesterol, 15 mg sodium, 5 g fiber

Caramel Sauce-Homemade

Not only is this caramel sauce a wonderful accompaniment to a variety of desserts, it also can be made in large quantities to give as a delicious food gift.

1/4 cup water
1 cup sugar
1/4 cup unsalted butter, cut up
1/2 cup whipping cream

1. In medium saucepan, combine water and sugar; stir until all sugar is moistened. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Cook until syrup is a rich golden color. Do not stir during cooking as mixture can easily crystallize. To test for correct color, using spoon, drop small amount of caramel onto white paper or plate. Color should not be light or caramel sauce will be pale.

2. When caramel reaches desired color, remove from heat. Carefully add butter and cream. Bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring until hardened caramel dissolves and sauce is smooth.

3. Serve warm with baked apples, or as sauce with ice cream, cream puffs or other desserts. Store in refrigerator; reheat before using.

1 cup

PER 2 TABLESPOONS: 190 calories, 10.5 g total fat (6.5 g saturated fat), .5 g protein, 25.5 g carbohydrate, 30 mg cholesterol, 5 mg sodium, 0 g fiber

Wow!! These sound so good. I think I need to go out and pick some apples. Thanks for the recipes.

caramel sauce = love
:love: :love: :love: :love:

I got that email too. YUM! I printed it off and plan to make it soon!! :love:

Hello there! Thank you for sharing these delicious looking recipes with us. I agree, they would be perfect for fall activities and even for a HWC cooking show. I can already imagine the amazing smell of baked apples and caramel sauce filling the room as guests arrive. Plus, using our PC tools to make these would definitely make the process easier and more efficient. Thank you for the suggestion! I will definitely try this out and I'm sure my customers will love it too. Happy cooking!

1. Can I use any type of apple for this recipe?

Yes, you can use any type of apple for this recipe. However, we recommend using a firm and sweet variety such as Honeycrisp or Gala for the best results.

2. Can I make the caramel sauce ahead of time?

Yes, you can make the caramel sauce ahead of time and store it in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 1 week. Just reheat it in the microwave or on the stovetop before serving.

3. Do I have to peel the apples before baking?

No, you do not have to peel the apples before baking. The skin adds texture and flavor to the dish. However, if you prefer peeled apples, you can certainly peel them before slicing and baking.

4. Can I use store-bought caramel sauce instead of making my own?

Yes, you can use store-bought caramel sauce if you prefer. However, we highly recommend making the homemade caramel sauce as it adds a fresh and delicious flavor to the dish.

5. Can I use a different type of sweetener instead of brown sugar?

Yes, you can use a different type of sweetener such as honey or maple syrup instead of brown sugar. Just note that it may alter the flavor slightly. You can also use a sugar substitute for a lower calorie option.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Jennie50
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
babywings76
  • DebPC
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
sailorsarah
Replies