• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Good Grief... I Think I Messed up My Grill Pan

In summary, the best ways to clean a grill pan include rinsing it with hot water, using a non-abrasive scrub brush and mild soap, and using baking soda for tougher stains. If food becomes burnt onto the pan, boiling water and vinegar can help remove it. It is not recommended to use metal utensils on a grill pan and preheating the pan and using cooking spray can prevent food from sticking. Most Pampered Chef grill pans are compatible with induction stovetops, but it's important to check product specifications to be sure.
quiverfull7
Gold Member
SIGH.... I was doing a demo last night with the Jamaican Jerk Chicken. I had done the chicken ahead of time when I arrived and was doing the demo and turned the burner on to do the pineapple... got distracted by 2 questions back to back and the pan got ... shall we say...HOT... BIG SIGH ... I got her fan going and used the "pampered, not perfect line" and kept going. However... my pan is not cleaning up and has some bad looking areas... I'm not sure if the non stick is still non stick....or if it just looks bad... I'm soaking it some more. I'm such a jerk...

First, you're not a jerk (can't be with a name like Diane!:D ) By bad, what do you mean? Is it brown, not as shiny, etc.? I would suggest giving HO a call to see what they'd recommend. I've forgotten my pan on the stove and it has gotten super-hot, too (OK so maybe it is a Diane thing?), but I haven't had any issues with clean up or appearance...

You are sweet...can we say that's a Diane thing? One could hope??? :)
Anyway... it's a bit white/lighter looking in areas. I'm going to try a bit a baking soda paste and lightly rub it. It was burned on pretty good... If it still looks bad, I will call for an adjustment tho.. .thanks!

Related to Good Grief... I Think I Messed up My Grill Pan

What are the best ways to clean a grill pan?

One of the best ways to clean a grill pan is to immediately rinse it with hot water after use. You can also use a non-abrasive scrub brush and a mild soap to remove any stubborn residue. For tougher stains, sprinkle some baking soda on the pan and scrub with a damp sponge.

How do I remove burnt-on food from my grill pan?

If food has become burnt onto your grill pan, fill it with water and bring it to a boil. Let it sit for a few minutes, then use a wooden spoon to scrape off the burnt bits. You can also try using a mixture of equal parts vinegar and water to soak the pan for about an hour before scrubbing it clean.

Can I use metal utensils on my grill pan?

No, it is not recommended to use metal utensils on a grill pan as they can scratch the non-stick surface. Instead, opt for silicone or wooden utensils to protect the coating and prolong the lifespan of your pan.

How do I prevent my food from sticking to the grill pan?

To prevent food from sticking to your grill pan, make sure to preheat it before adding any food. You can also lightly coat the pan with cooking spray or a small amount of oil. It's also important to not overcrowd the pan, as this can cause the food to steam instead of sear.

Can I use my grill pan on an induction stovetop?

Yes, most Pampered Chef grill pans are compatible with induction stovetops. However, it's important to check the product specifications to ensure your specific pan is suitable for use on an induction stovetop.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• ChefMommyof3Boys
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
Staci
Replies
Views
lesliec
  • babywings76
  • Products and Tips
Replies