• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Going Inactive: Need Advice on Personal Website Store (PWS)

In summary, a Personal Website Store (PWS) is an online platform that allows individuals to create and manage their own e-commerce website, offering features such as customizable templates, product management, payment processing, and customer support. Going inactive on a PWS may be due to reasons such as taking a break from running a business, transitioning to a new platform, or re-evaluating the website. Before going inactive, it is important to communicate with customers, fulfill pending orders, and back up website data. The length of time for inactivity may vary depending on the platform. Alternatives to going inactive include hiring someone to manage the website, transitioning to a different platform, or temporarily pausing the online store while maintaining a presence on social media
CookingwithMary
Due to chronic health issues, I will probably be going in active starting June 1.

Could use some advice, please...

Will my PWS still be active?
Can people order?
If so, what about commission? What happens ? :)

Sorry but I have been so sick, haven't read all the fine print on the PWS contract.

You should put in for a sales waiver first rather than just going inactive.

Your PWS will stay up until you cancel it. If people order, you will not earn commission unless you're active (need $200 in one month to reactivate).

Thanks Chef Ann and all who responded publicly and privately.

Poor choice of wording on my part, I am filing w/HO for a Personal Sales Requirement Waiver, sorry I wasn't more clear.

Hello, I'm sorry to hear about your health issues. I hope you are taking care of yourself and getting the rest you need. To answer your questions, your PWS will still be active, but you will not be able to take on any new orders or parties during your inactive period. However, customers can still place orders through your PWS and you will receive commission on those orders once you become active again. If you have any further questions or concerns, please reach out to your upline or our customer service team for more information. Take care.

What is a Personal Website Store (PWS)?

A Personal Website Store (PWS) is an online platform that allows individuals to create and manage their own e-commerce website. It typically offers features such as customizable templates, product management, payment processing, and customer support.

Why would someone want to go inactive on their PWS?

There are a variety of reasons why someone may choose to go inactive on their PWS. Some common reasons include taking a break from running a business, transitioning to a new platform, or simply needing time to re-evaluate and make changes to the website.

What steps should I take before going inactive on my PWS?

Before going inactive on your PWS, it is important to properly communicate with your customers and inform them of the temporary closure. You should also make sure to fulfill any pending orders and handle any customer inquiries. Additionally, it may be helpful to back up your website data and save any important information.

How long can I stay inactive on my PWS?

The length of time you can stay inactive on your PWS may vary depending on the platform you are using. Some platforms may have a limit on how long a website can remain inactive before it is permanently deleted, while others may allow for longer periods of inactivity.

What are some alternatives to going inactive on my PWS?

If you are considering going inactive on your PWS, there may be alternative options to explore. These could include hiring someone to manage the website for you, transitioning to a different platform, or temporarily pausing your online store while still maintaining a presence on social media or in-person events.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Intrepid_Chef
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • Adrian
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
Jolie_Paradoxe
  • elizabethfox