• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Really Need Input Re: Inactive Status

In summary, this person has been inactive since March 1st because of health issues and lack of familiarity with company policies and procedures. They say that if they wanted to continue, they would need to submit $200 in commissionable sales and re-sign with the company. They also recommend starting over from scratch or doing what others have done and keeping up with learning and growth.
iamtamnur
Hey all, this isn't intended to start any debates but due to health issues and lack of being really familiar with the policies and procedures, I've ended up inactive as of March 1st. I've only been in business for one year and had about $8000 in career sales and one recruit which I have now lost. Has anyone gone inactive and decided to give it another go? I worked really hard to build my business to where it was and not to start over seems heartbreaking but also really difficult as I don't have that "new consultant enthusiasm" but am now rather jaded about things. Advice? Experiences? I was told by HO that this was my own "fault" since it's my own business and I should have known about the retroactive waiver and should have requested that by March 20th. I didn't realize that was available (will be reading my policy and procedure manual and calling for every little thing if I decide to stay) but if it truly was my own business I surely would not have given up everything I'd built other than commission when I was ill. Just feeling down and looking for some good responses to help me fill out my pro and con worksheet about whether to continue with PC or step out now. TIA!

Being inactive doesn't mean you have to quit. You simply submit $200 in commissionable sales and you're back at it again. If you are inactive for longer than a year, you have to re-sign.Where was your director in all of this?

I love my director but she was struggling with deciding whether or not to continue in her business while I was ill. I do feel a bit let-down by my upline and the company but I'm trying not to blame anyone about this (but it's hard!). I realized being inactive doesn't mean I have to quit but I feel that this is a decision-making point for me. I've lost everything so I'd essentially need to start my whole business over again.

Well, my advice would be to do just that - start over like you did in the beginning when you first started - go back to you list of 100 - reach out to family and friends - now you have a few customers from the shows you have done - do a out of the blue call - Listen to a cd about the business (I am sure your upline should have some) watch your dvd that came with your kit - do some online training - that should all get you pumped up to re-start your business -

If its in your heart to restart, you will, you just have to put your heart and head into it!! Best of luck!!!

I know you are down about going inactive and losing the numbers that you worked so hard for but if you truly have the desire to pick your business back up on its feet then forget about "what you lost" and look forward to what you have to gain! Sometimes the way you look at something can make all the difference in the world! I agree with the girls before me, start over like you would as a new consultant, review the paperwork, take the trainings, watch the dvd's. Get yourself excited again! And most of all.... enjoy it!

Exactly - when handed lemons make lemonade!! ( hand me some limes and I will make margaritas!!! LOL)

You can still put in a retroactive waiver for March. There's a $25 charge but then you wouldn't lose your sales or recruit. Call HO NOW!

So, are you looking for a reason to continue or a reason to quit? Only you can decide which one you'll do.

Yes, you lost $8000 in career sales and one recruit and that is heartbreaking (especially since it could have been avoided). But, in the great grand scheme of things - that really isn't a career breaker. Build a heavy schedule and you can have that $8000 back in a few months. And, you know how to recruit, so recruit will all you've got.....if you want it that is.

I hope you make the right decision :chef:

Like Beth said, ask again about the retroactive waiver or just file it! If your director can't help you, go up a step. You were ill and not thinking about your business as much.I know QUITE a few people who have given PC a second go and they've done even better the second time around with their new-found motivation. You can do it if you want. PC is a great opportunity but also what you make it.Find your time to go with it and make it a good one!

Thanks, guys, for the input. I'm leaning toward staying at this point.

BethCooks4U said:
You can still put in a retroactive waiver for March. There's a $25 charge but then you wouldn't lose your sales or recruit. Call HO NOW!
If she went inactive March 1 she had until the end of March for the retroactive waiver that cost $25 in Feb it would have been free. Now it is too late to do any kind of waiver, and I agree just get re-excited and start over.

This happened to one of my consultants last month. She was a Future Director but had a bad month in Jan and didn't turn anything in, in Feb she managed to get one order in for $148. I talked to her a few times and she told me that she had shows to turn in (FEB) I said "great because I don't want you to go inactive." Well she turned in $1400 the first week of March but not by the Feb 29 deadline. She went inactive! Lost her career sales, Future Director staus (her goal was to become Director by National) and worst of all her motivation. She didn't return any of my calls or e-mails. One of the girls she recruited is very excited about the biz and recruited a person herself and is planning on going to National Conference too. I believe she was the one who finally snaped her out of it. She was in the TeleClass I gave last month and called me shortly after that to congratulate me. She told me she went through the "blaming" period but then realized it IS her business and she should have been on top of it. We went over some recruiting ideas and she is motivated again.

You have practically just started and are doing VERY well, this business is full of awesome ups but also some discouraging downs. You have to roll with the punches and decide you're going to be better for it instead of letting it get you down. I'm cheering for my girl and you, you can do it!!!

Addie4TLC said:
This happened to one of my consultants last month. She was a Future Director but had a bad month in Jan and didn't turn anything in, in Feb she managed to get one order in for $148. I talked to her a few times and she told me that she had shows to turn in (FEB) I said "great because I don't want you to go inactive." Well she turned in $1400 the first week of March but not by the Feb 29 deadline. She went inactive! Lost her career sales, Future Director staus (her goal was to become Director by National) and worst of all her motivation. She didn't return any of my calls or e-mails. One of the girls she recruited is very excited about the biz and recruited a person herself and is planning on going to National Conference too. I believe she was the one who finally snaped her out of it. She was in the TeleClass I gave last month and called me shortly after that to congratulate me. She told me she went through the "blaming" period but then realized it IS her business and she should have been on top of it. We went over some recruiting ideas and she is motivated again.

You have practically just started and are doing VERY well, this business is full of awesome ups but also some discouraging downs. You have to roll with the punches and decide you're going to be better for it instead of letting it get you down. I'm cheering for my girl and you, you can do it!!!

Thanks! Feel free to pass my email address on to your girl. Maybe we could especially motivate each other since we've had similar experiences. [email protected]

Also, I will say this: I have made it my goal to make sure no one ever goes through what I did if I can help it. People need to be aware of the availability of leaves which is not made very clear in most cases.

What does it mean to be on "inactive" status?

Being on "inactive" status means that you have not met the minimum sales requirement for the current month. This may result in a loss of certain benefits and privileges, such as earning commission and receiving discounts.

How can I get off of "inactive" status?

To get off of "inactive" status, you will need to reach the minimum sales requirement for the current month. This can be achieved by hosting a party, reaching out to potential customers, or placing a personal order.

How long can I be on "inactive" status before it affects my account?

You can be on "inactive" status for up to two consecutive months without any major impact on your account. However, if you remain on "inactive" status for more than two months, your account may be subject to review and possible termination.

Will my account be terminated if I am on "inactive" status?

Your account will not be automatically terminated if you are on "inactive" status. However, if you continue to remain on "inactive" status for more than two consecutive months, your account may be subject to review and possible termination.

Can I still earn commission and receive discounts while on "inactive" status?

No, you will not be able to earn commission or receive discounts while on "inactive" status. In order to receive these benefits, you will need to meet the minimum sales requirement for the current month and get off of "inactive" status.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Chef Niki
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Intrepid_Chef
  • Intrepid_Chef
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
3RingChef
  • kam