• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Urgent Gluten Free Cake in the Microwave?

In summary, this conversation discusses various questions about making a gluten-free microwave cake. The first question asks about using different types of gluten-free flour, to which the answer is yes. The second question asks about baking the cake in a regular oven, and the answer is yes, with specific instructions. The third question is about adjusting the recipe for different cake sizes, and the answer is yes, with a recommended 1:1 ratio. The fourth question asks about using a regular cake mix with gluten-free flour, and the answer is no, as it is recommended to use a specifically labeled gluten-free mix or make one from scratch. Finally, the fifth question asks about using a sugar alternative, and the answer is yes, with a reminder to check
kristina16marie
Gold Member
I'm doing a show today and the host has celiac disease. I bought a gluten free box cake but does anyone have experience making these in the microwave? Is the cooking time in the same?

I've never done one in the microwave, but I've baked several GF cakes in the oven. They bake the same way in the oven. I know that Sarah has done the GF cake in the micro for a show, and it was a huge hit...and she didn't say anything about having to do it any differently. If the baking instructions on the back of the box are the same time-wise, I'd say it would be the same for the micro cake as well.

Thanks Becky! I was nervous but it came out great. Everyone loved it.

kristina16marie said:
Thanks Becky! I was nervous but it came out great. Everyone loved it.

That's good to know! Which one did you do?

Hi there! As a fellow Pampered Chef consultant, I have some experience with gluten-free baking. I would recommend using our Gluten-Free Chocolate Cake Mix and following the instructions for baking in the oven. However, if you do want to try making it in the microwave, I would suggest reducing the cooking time by a few minutes and checking the cake for doneness with a toothpick. Every microwave is different, so it's important to keep an eye on it. I hope your show goes well and your host enjoys the gluten-free option! Happy baking!

1. Can I use any type of gluten-free flour in the microwave cake recipe?

Yes, you can use any gluten-free flour of your choice. Some popular options include almond flour, coconut flour, and a gluten-free all-purpose flour blend.

2. Can I make this cake in a regular oven instead of the microwave?

Yes, you can bake this cake in a regular oven as well. Simply follow the same instructions but bake in a preheated oven at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for 20-25 minutes.

3. Do I need to adjust the recipe if I want to make a larger or smaller cake?

Yes, you will need to adjust the ingredients accordingly if you want to make a larger or smaller cake. It is best to use a 1:1 ratio of flour to liquid for the best results.

4. Can I use a regular cake mix for this recipe and just substitute gluten-free flour?

No, you cannot use a regular cake mix for this recipe as it may contain gluten. It is important to use a specifically labeled gluten-free cake mix or make your own gluten-free cake mix from scratch.

5. Can I substitute the sugar in this recipe with a sugar alternative?

Yes, you can use a sugar alternative such as stevia or monk fruit sweetener in place of regular sugar. Just be sure to read the instructions on the sugar alternative for appropriate measurements.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• shannonjennings
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Staci
  • jilly
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
robochick84
Replies