• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Girl Guide Doll Cake Fundraiser: Can I Cut Her Feet Off?!

In summary, the speaker is making 4 doll cakes for a fundraiser and has realized that each doll requires 2 batter bowl cakes. They are considering using one cake per doll or cutting off the doll's feet. They have also purchased cheap dolls and successfully made the first cake, but are unsure about the last one due to a time conflict with a doctor's appointment for their sick baby.
swinkate
I am making 4 Doll cakes for a fundraiser at my Girl Guide unit tonight. The girls are decorating the cakes whilst I do the show for the parents!

I didn't realise I would need to make 2 batter bowl cakes for EACH doll! I've baked 2 cakes and have one in the oven right now. I have about 3 hours of baking time left before I have to go, so will have time to make a 4th one.

Soo...

Can I get away with just using one cake per doll? Is is wrong to cut her feet off to make her shorter?!?! It feels a bit cruel!

Thanks!

You'll want to use the half dolls----they have the upper torso on a stick basically--you can get them at craft stores, etc. If you try using a whole barbie it's too hard; her legs break the cake. If you use the half dolls (I don't know the correct term!), I think it should be okay with one cake each.

Thanks Lacy!
I bought v. cheap dolls this morning. I went for it and chopped her legs off up to the knee! I did feel a bit cruel!

Here is a picture of the cake so far. This was the first one, and it cracked slightly when turning it out, the other ones are better! I'll post after pictures this evening!

Barbie Cake on Flickr - Photo Sharing!

Over here they call them doll picks. But if you have to use a "real" doll cutting her short will work, but as Lacy says, it can damage the cake a bit. I know people who have done it though. It does seems a shame to ruin the doll though, so if you can find the picks I would use them. I've never seen a doll cake made with two cakes, it sounds like making more work than necessary.

Oops, I got called away half way through my post and obviously was too late! Glad it's working out though!

PS I just saw the picture. She looks cold! LOL! :)

You can also bake a single layer in a 9" cake pan (just like ours) and put it underneath the batter bowl cake. You may need to trim it a little for it to line up. And to make a neat hole for the doll, use The Corer to make a "tunnel" through the baked cake.

My dolls were so cheap (49p each), but they have worked perfectly!

I snipped the doll at the knee (anyone have any ideas on what to do with 8 legs?!) and pushed her in. The others cake hasn't cracked and looks great!

Cake no. 3 is cooling and No. 4 is in the oven.

I just saw the picture. She looks cold! LOL!
I know! Oddly they came with shoes, buy no clothes! That's what you get for a bargain!

I usually do what Ann said and make a hole through the cake and put an extra 9"under it. But, if you cut the legs off or use the picks you wouldn't need the 9". I also wrap the doll in Saran Wrap, that way the doll stays clean and it goes in the cake easy. I always use a real doll and then the girl gets the doll as a gift at the end. I hope they turn out great!!

chefann said:
You can also bake a single layer in a 9" cake pan (just like ours) and put it underneath the batter bowl cake. You may need to trim it a little for it to line up. And to make a neat hole for the doll, use The Corer to make a "tunnel" through the baked cake.

AHA! What a great idea :).

Last cake could go horribly wrong...

My daycare rang (I normally work full time, I have the day off to bake doll cakes!), my 5 month old has had a cough the last 2 weeks. She's thrown up twice today with the coughing. My doctor wants to see her in 50 minutes.... guess what time the last cake is due out of the oven!!!!

It's had 20 mins... do I turn the oven down low and take it out after the appointment, or do I turn it up, go and pick her up and stop back at the house on the way to the doctors?!? AHHHHH

swinkate said:
Last cake could go horribly wrong...

My daycare rang (I normally work full time, I have the day off to bake doll cakes!), my 5 month old has had a cough the last 2 weeks. She's thrown up twice today with the coughing. My doctor wants to see her in 50 minutes.... guess what time the last cake is due out of the oven!!!!

It's had 20 mins... do I turn the oven down low and take it out after the appointment, or do I turn it up, go and pick her up and stop back at the house on the way to the doctors?!? AHHHHH

Well, turning it up may burn the outside and not bake the inside enough, so if anything I would think turning it down would be the best way if you couldn't leave it at the right time and temp. Good luck!

Messing with the temp and time of baked goods is sure to end badly. If it's on the way, I'd stop and take it out later. You might end up redoing that one, though.

I discovered the auto timer on my oven! It came out perfect!
She has antibiotics, I have 30 mins to have a shower and leave the house!
Phew...

If you celebrate Halloween, you could have the legs sticking out of a cake. Tell people they're zombies returning to their beds. LOL!

use your corer and make a tunnel for her to go in - won't damage the cake so badly.

1. Can I remove the doll's feet before serving the cake?

Yes, you can remove the doll's feet before serving the cake. However, we recommend keeping the doll intact for a more realistic and visually appealing presentation.

2. Can I use any type of doll for this cake fundraiser?

Yes, you can use any type of doll for this cake fundraiser. Just make sure the doll is clean and fits into the cake pan you will be using.

3. Is this cake suitable for people with food allergies?

We cannot guarantee that this cake is suitable for people with food allergies as it may contain ingredients that could trigger an allergic reaction. We recommend checking the ingredients list or consulting with the person's doctor before serving them the cake.

4. Can I make the cake ahead of time and freeze it?

Yes, you can make the cake ahead of time and freeze it. Just make sure to wrap it tightly in plastic wrap and store it in an airtight container to prevent freezer burn. Thaw the cake in the refrigerator before serving.

5. How many servings does the Girl Guide Doll Cake provide?

The Girl Guide Doll Cake can serve approximately 8-10 people, depending on the size of the slices. This can vary depending on the size of the cake pan you use and how thick you slice the cake.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• 1PamperedMommy
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Sheila
Replies
Views
PamperedSD
  • Kitchen Diva
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies