• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Gift Idea for Teacher's Aids: Bath Salts & Wooden Spoon

In summary, a great gift idea for teachers' aides is to fill a prep bowl with bath salts, wrap it in cellophane, and tie it with a small wooden spoon. Another option is to make a candle or include the ingredients for a favorite cookie recipe. Vanilla sugar is also a popular and affordable gift option, using one vanilla bean and one cup of sugar per prep bowl. The vanilla bean will continue to infuse the sugar for up to 6 months, making it a gift that keeps on giving. Vanilla sugar prep bowls are also a popular item to sell at craft fairs.
heat123
Silver Member
I was thinkin ahead for Holiday gifts for my dd teacher's aids, there are about 4 or them in her class. What do you all think about filling a prep bowl with bath salts wrapping in cellophane then tying it with a small wooden spoon as the scooper for their gifts? I think I read about this idea before?

That's a great idea! And non-fattening. :) (Unlike cocoa mix, which is what I would have thought to put in them.)

I think that is a lovely gift that would be perfect my son's teachers...here is another thought you could make a candle and poor it into it I have made candles before they are very simple...or here is another opition you could put the amount of ingredients for one of our favorite cookie recipe and they could have their indiviual cookie for a nice break. WoW I am glad you posted this you really got me thinking about this and how i could help demonstrate these at my shows thanks so much Heather!!!!! Hopefully these other ideas would be good for you as well.

chefann said:
That's a great idea! And non-fattening. :) (Unlike cocoa mix, which is what I would have thought to put in them.)
Or Cocoa could be used!:) Hmm which would they prefer??? Maybe I could do 2 and 2 and they can choose.

As for both their teachers I was going to do either the Batter bowl with cookie mix or the old Heart trivet that I stocked up on before it was D/c'd I love that heart shape- just like the old stoneware heart mold:( I miss those.

Vanilla sugar!!! :)In each prep bowl, you use one vanilla bean, sliced in half lengthwise, and one cup of sugar. The essential oils from the vanilla pod will infuse the sugar with flavor. It takes about two weeks for the sugar to become flavored well enough to use, and as for uses, you can put it in tea, coffee, cereal, of anything else that can benefit from the flavor of vanilla and sugar.It's also the gift that keeps on giving, because the vanilla bean will be potent for 6 months. So, if you "refill" your container with plain sugar every time you take out flavored sugar (give it a stir or shake to re-combine), you'll have a constant supply.I got a bulk pack of vanilla beans from eBay, as well as a bulk pack of shrink wrap bags, so combined with a bulk sack of sugar from Sam's, these can be made quite affordably. Vanilla sugar prep bowls are my usual host gift. They are also a great way for us to sneak into craft fairs! Our local craft fair requires vendors to actually sell handmade products, so I sell vanilla sugar prep bowls to qualify as a vendor. :)HTH!P.S. You can add a tablespoon of cinnamon per bowl to make cinnamon vanilla sugar, but that's a little more difficult for the recipient to replenish.

ParishKitchen said:
Vanilla sugar!!! :)

In each prep bowl, you use one vanilla bean, sliced in half lengthwise, and one cup of sugar. The essential oils from the vanilla pod will infuse the sugar with flavor. It takes about two weeks for the sugar to become flavored well enough to use, and as for uses, you can put it in tea, coffee, cereal, of anything else that can benefit from the flavor of vanilla and sugar.

It's also the gift that keeps on giving, because the vanilla bean will be potent for 6 months. So, if you "refill" your container with plain sugar every time you take out flavored sugar (give it a stir or shake to re-combine), you'll have a constant supply.

I got a bulk pack of vanilla beans from eBay, as well as a bulk pack of shrink wrap bags, so combined with a bulk sack of sugar from Sam's, these can be made quite affordably. Vanilla sugar prep bowls are my usual host gift. They are also a great way for us to sneak into craft fairs! Our local craft fair requires vendors to actually sell handmade products, so I sell vanilla sugar prep bowls to qualify as a vendor. :)

HTH!

P.S. You can add a tablespoon of cinnamon per bowl to make cinnamon vanilla sugar, but that's a little more difficult for the recipient to replenish.

How much do you charge for the Vanilla Sugar Prep Bowls?

ParishKitchen said:
Vanilla sugar!!! :)

In each prep bowl, you use one vanilla bean, sliced in half lengthwise, and one cup of sugar. The essential oils from the vanilla pod will infuse the sugar with flavor. It takes about two weeks for the sugar to become flavored well enough to use, and as for uses, you can put it in tea, coffee, cereal, of anything else that can benefit from the flavor of vanilla and sugar.

It's also the gift that keeps on giving, because the vanilla bean will be potent for 6 months. So, if you "refill" your container with plain sugar every time you take out flavored sugar (give it a stir or shake to re-combine), you'll have a constant supply.

I got a bulk pack of vanilla beans from eBay, as well as a bulk pack of shrink wrap bags, so combined with a bulk sack of sugar from Sam's, these can be made quite affordably. Vanilla sugar prep bowls are my usual host gift. They are also a great way for us to sneak into craft fairs! Our local craft fair requires vendors to actually sell handmade products, so I sell vanilla sugar prep bowls to qualify as a vendor. :)

HTH!

P.S. You can add a tablespoon of cinnamon per bowl to make cinnamon vanilla sugar, but that's a little more difficult for the recipient to replenish.

That is a fantastic idea!!!

A great way to promote sales of the prep bowl set at shows is to make clear note that purchasing a set can equate to SIX GIFTS. Mentioning this, and showing a sample of a prep bowl filled with something fun and covered with cellophane will really get folks thinking.

I mention that the prep bowl gift is perfect for those gifts when you need a lot of gifts for a low price....such as teacher gifts, co-worker gifts, etc.

There is also a post in the files section on prep bowl gift ideas (I think it is in our file section here....)

I really like the idea of adding one of the small bamboo spoons as a "topper".

:thumbup:

They look really cute filled with M&M's and tied up with the plastic bag wrap. I've also done the batter bowl filled with M&M's. I'll tell people to give that to their friends who have a huge chocolate addiction.

These are great ideas. I am thinking I might try placing an order for some today and hope to have them in by Friday. The vanilla won't be potent enough for a Saturday Craft fair but the cinnamon would and maybe do the bath salts and cocoa in some.

Hmmm, I know I have 11 bowls here I could start with and hope the others come in!

THANK YOU!!

ChefBeckyD said:
How much do you charge for the Vanilla Sugar Prep Bowls?

I'm so sorry I took so long to reply!

They cost me about $4-something to make, so I sell them for $6 each, or 2 for $10. I never make money off of them -- rather, they're just a way to get into these sorts of fairs.

HTH!

Excellent idea! I've decided to purchase a new set along with three sets of the Small Bamboo Spoons. I'll make them up with the different ideas here--bath salts, cocoa, vanilla sugar, candies, etc., complete with spoons. I'll display them at my upcoming parties, mentioning that one set of bowls plus three sets of spoons will make 6 gifts for less than $7 each (full price plus S & H, tax, and the wrapping). Not bad for nice little gifts.

Cool ideas ladies thanks for giving me better ideas! Esp. bringing them to shows to show them off as little gifts for them to think about for the holidays! And here I was just going to give them as gifts and not share this idea at shows!

Has any one made chocolate dipped spoons with the bamboo? That would make a nice addition with the bowls filled with cocoa.

I have done the hot cocoa w/ chocolate dipped (bamboo) spoons then dipped the spoons into crushed candy canes. i just used little candy bags to cover the ends of the spoons and tied it w/ ribbon.then tied to the bowl.
sold a ton of prep bowls last year.

I am liking these ideas. My son is in a learning center/daycare and has several teachers and aides throughout the day. These will be perfect.

Thanks!

do any of you have a really good hot chocolate. I have one, but it seems like before you get to the bottom of the mix it begins to taste funny.

I haven't made any of these, but here are a couple from a Christmas cookbook I have (in which I haven't found a bad recipe yet).Hot Cocoa Mix
2 2/3 cups nonfat dry milk (dry)
1 1/2 cups cocoa powder
1 cup sugar
1/4 teaspoon saltMix all ingredients. Store in tightly covered container at room temperature up to 6 months. About 4 1/2 cups mix.For each serving, place 2 heaping teaspoons mix into cup or mug and stir in 2 tablespoons cold milk or water until smooth. Stir in 1 cup hot milk or water.Spicy Mocha Mix
1/2 cup sugar
1/4 cup powdered or freeze-dried instant coffee (dry)
1/4 cup cocoa
1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamonPlace all ingredients in blender. Cover and blend on high speed 15 seconds; stir. Cover and blend 15 seconds loner or until completely mixed. Store in tightly covered container at room temperature about 6 months. About 1 cup mix. (24 servings)For each serving, place 2 to 3 teaspoons mix into cup or mug and fill with 2/3 cup boiling water; stir.

Great ideas you guys! Thanks for starting this thread. Great idea for gifts for my co-workers.......

I just talked to a host who's doing a vendor boutique next month and she wants me to bring the batter bowl gift and prep bowl gifts (as there will be alot of moms there) and thinks those ideas will be great . Plus she said she will be doing the same for her kids teacher and aides-heehee!

These are all great ideas! I've checked out the Prep Bowls booklet in the files, but what other great ideas does anyone have for turning individual prep bowls into gifts?

Can someone explain to me how they tie the bamboo spoon to the filled bowl to make it a pretty presentation? It just seems to fit awkward to me... especially now that the sppon is longer than it used to be.

Lay it across the top, and wrap the ribbon up from the bottom, so the bow is on top of the spoon.

That is exactly how I do it with the batter bowls.

Shawnna said:
do any of you have a really good hot chocolate. I have one, but it seems like before you get to the bottom of the mix it begins to taste funny.

Tastefully Simple has a WONDERFUL Caramel Creme Latte mix. I love it and buy about 6 cans every winter to give as gifts. I keep one for myself atleast, but they are wonderful! I mix mine with milk although the directions are to use water. Milk just makes it a littel more rich... and fattening...:eek:

I have a consultant who is a friend of mine; if you'd like her contact info, just email me privately.

ragschef said:
Tastefully Simple has a WONDERFUL Caramel Creme Latte mix. I love it and buy about 6 cans every winter to give as gifts. I keep one for myself atleast, but they are wonderful! I mix mine with milk although the directions are to use water. Milk just makes it a littel more rich... and fattening...:eek:

I have a consultant who is a friend of mine; if you'd like her contact info, just email me privately.

just went and checked about that Caramel Creme Latte and thought you may want to know this
*Limited-time product. Available only through February 28, 2009*

These are such great ideas. Thanks, everyone.

chefann said:
Lay it across the top, and wrap the ribbon up from the bottom, so the bow is on top of the spoon.

Thank you! I guess I will just need to try it out to get the better visual! I am excited to put together some gift ideas to show!

I made up a couple of samples for tomorrow's show (bath salts and cocoa). They look great. I dropped each one in a cellophane bag and tied it with a ribbon, adding a bamboo spoon in the bow. Cute.I talked about it at Friday night's show. I had at least two people ask questions and take notes. They thought it was an excellent idea. I'm suggesting them as great small gifts for teachers, coworkers, etc.

Do you get the cellophane at Michaels?

cellophane bags can be bought at Wal-mart too

there is 25 bags for $1.47 at my Wal-Mart

they are located near the party supplies

~

I have three different sizes of cellophane bags at my house. I use them for my prizes. I think I got these at Wal-Mart. Just be sure they're large enough to hold the prep bowl.

Sherry Leigh said:
These are all great ideas! I've checked out the Prep Bowls booklet in the files, but what other great ideas does anyone have for turning individual prep bowls into gifts?

I can't find the Prep Bowl Booklet - can someone show me where to find it?

I did a search but I didn't see the booklet

~

Sugar ScrubI've made the bath salts in the past and put it in the prep bowls. Didn't use a cellophane bag, just tied it up with ribbon with a bamboo spooner on top.

Got this great idea from my son's principal. (I'm the PTO pres this year and we had a meeting.) She said she needed to know what a zester looked like because she wanted to make some sugar scrub (with lemon zest). She went on and on about how neat it was and she wanted to make some gifts.

I brought a catalog back in to her and left it with the secretary. The secretary gave me the jar they had and told me to go to the restroom and wash my hands :) It was really nice and is SO easy to make.

You can google the recipe...there are a bunch out there and I haven't tried any yet so don't want to give any recommendations yet. All it is is a mixture of sugar, olive oil, and whatever else you want. Lemon zest, herbs, etc.

I got home and emailed the principal with page numbers of the zester, prep bowls, and spooners :) Wouldn't it be nice is she decides to make some for ALL the staff? :D Hmmmmm....100 people...that's 17 boxes of prep bowls....50 sets of spooners...and a zester.

GeorgiaPeach said:
I've made the bath salts in the past and put it in the prep bowls. Didn't use a cellophane bag, just tied it up with ribbon with a bamboo spooner on top.

Got this great idea from my son's principal. (I'm the PTO pres this year and we had a meeting.) She said she needed to know what a zester looked like because she wanted to make some sugar scrub (with lemon zest). She went on and on about how neat it was and she wanted to make some gifts.

I brought a catalog back in to her and left it with the secretary. The secretary gave me the jar they had and told me to go to the restroom and wash my hands :) It was really nice and is SO easy to make.

You can google the recipe...there are a bunch out there and I haven't tried any yet so don't want to give any recommendations yet. All it is is a mixture of sugar, olive oil, and whatever else you want. Lemon zest, herbs, etc.

I got home and emailed the principal with page numbers of the zester, prep bowls, and spooners :) Wouldn't it be nice is she decides to make some for ALL the staff? :D Hmmmmm....100 people...that's 17 boxes of prep bowls....50 sets of spooners...and a zester.
Nice! I hope it works out that way for you!:D

I melted one square of choclate bark in a small s.a. bowl and dipped my spoon in it, rolling the spoon until it was covered. I probably could have made several more from that one square. I set it out to harden on top on the prep bowl. I covered the spoon with plastic wrap and tucked it under the bow. I used 3" wide ribbon, tied it in a knot (tight to the prep bowl) and then slipped the spoon under it. This a good way to sell more of these at your shows.
You could also put 1/2 c. of the chocolate mix (1 chocolate cake mix and 1 box of chocolate pudding mix-mix in a large ziploc bag-or you can use brownie mix only) and attach the directions:
Mix with 1 Tbl water, 1 tbl oil and one egg. Microwave on high for 60 seconds and enjoy. Serve with ice cream and chocolate syrup and enjoy your chocolate fix.;)

Salt Scrub Recipe
GeorgiaPeach said:
I've made the bath salts in the past and put it in the prep bowls. Didn't use a cellophane bag, just tied it up with ribbon with a bamboo spooner on top.

I have a great recipe for a body scrub using salt. See below...

1 cup Coarse Sea Salt ( you can get it at your local grocer)
1 cup honey
1 cup body wash or shampoo of your favorite flavor

Mix it all together in the baby batter bowl. Place it with the lid and keep in the shower room for every use. It's natural so it wont harm even sensitive skin.

This recipe makes enough for me for a month. I gave it to my sisters (4) and my mom last year for Christmas. They all loved it. I got their favorite body washes from Bath & Body and they went crazy over it. I love it for myself, especially in winter when my skin gets so dry. It scrubs all that dry skin off and keeps me silky smooth!!! :blushing:

ParishKitchen said:
I'm so sorry I took so long to reply!

They cost me about $4-something to make, so I sell them for $6 each, or 2 for $10. I never make money off of them -- rather, they're just a way to get into these sorts of fairs.

HTH!

You could attach your card and let them know they can purchase more from your website? I think the prep bowl is easy to LOVE and want more of!

I use one as a covered dish for my Kosher salt which I cook with alot more now that it is handy and close to my stove. :)

heat123 said:
Cool ideas ladies thanks for giving me better ideas! Esp. bringing them to shows to show them off as little gifts for them to think about for the holidays! And here I was just going to give them as gifts and not share this idea at shows!

Why not have one be your drawing gift. I did this when I started and told them to enjoy ~ they'd probably call me to order an entire set of 6. This was before I thought of them as little gifts. tape your card to the bottom.

Kodeysmom said:
just went and checked about that Caramel Creme Latte and thought you may want to know this
*Limited-time product. Available only through February 28, 2009*

You could always get some Kraft International coffee mixes - the Swiss Mocha is sooo good. I haven't had it in years... but I'll need to get some to see if it's still as yummy as it was. It's probably be on sale during the holiday seasons? You can scoop it into the prep bowls. http://www.kraftfoods.com/gfic/

anyone have the cappuccino recipe that was on here last year? they work great in the prep bowls too. Dip sm bamboo spoon in chocolate, tie with an bow, sold them for $7 each last year. Please post or email to me.

thanks so much

here is one I have used, not from here tho

Instant Cappuccino
Ingredients:
1 cup powdered creamer
1 cup powdered chocolate milk mix
2/3 cup instant coffee
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon nutmeg

Directions:

Mix all ingredients together. Use 1 heaping spoonful per cup of boiling water. Store in airtight container.

Just wanted to say that I LOVE these ideas and I put bath salts in one, Skittles in another, and the Vanilla Sugar idea in a third. I showed them at my show this last Monday and sold 4 sets. :eek: I was going to make a sugar scrub but ran out of time. I'll be doing it this weekend though.

I've got a Holiday Bazaar coming up and I'll definitely be taking these and the sugar scrub and the layered batter bowl ideas for that.

GREAT tips!! THANKS A TON!!! :thumbup: :D
~Vicks

1. What do you think about filling a prep bowl with bath salts and wrapping it as a gift for my child's teacher's aids?

That sounds like a great gift idea! Bath salts are a luxurious and practical gift that can help your child's teacher's aids relax and unwind after a long day. The prep bowl adds a nice touch and makes the gift more personal.

2. How many teacher's aids should I prepare gifts for?

It's always a good idea to include all of the teacher's aids in your child's classroom. This shows appreciation for the entire team and ensures that no one is left out.

3. Can I use any type of bath salts for this gift idea?

Yes, you can use any type of bath salts that you think the teacher's aids will enjoy. You can also consider adding essential oils or other natural ingredients to make the bath salts even more special.

4. Where can I find small wooden spoons to use as scoopers for the bath salts?

You can find small wooden spoons at most kitchen supply stores or online retailers. You can also check your local craft store for wooden spoons that you can decorate yourself for a more personalized touch.

5. How should I wrap the bath salts and wooden spoon together for the gift?

A simple and elegant way to wrap the bath salts and wooden spoon together is to place the bath salts in the prep bowl, wrap the bowl in cellophane, and tie it with a ribbon or twine. You can also add a personalized gift tag or note to make the gift even more special.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• heat123
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
pcchefjane
  • ivykeep
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
ejleinenbach
  • ugosherri