• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Getting Your Team to Recruit....

In summary, Krissy is looking for ideas on how to incentivize her team to recruit, and Beth provides some advice.
imported_pckrissy
Ok, I am really picking your brains for ideas...my team is about 8..with 2 looking to re-active which would make 10..anyway...none of them have recruited...anyone...my team is still new(er) i feel like just as a new one comes on someone goes out...
I wanted to offer my team an incentive to recruit by June...any ideas? I have been training my new consultants with the benefits of recruiting from the start but thought maybe I would try to speed things up.
Thanks for your help!

I'm right there with ya Krissy. I've offered training, carrots, and such. Still no signed contracts. It WILL happen. So far, not in my timeframe.
This meeting I will be talking about the reasons why to recruit and WHY it is part of their job to do it. We'll see what happens.

You know, I used to avoid recruiting talk at my meetings because I saw the glazed looks whenever it came up - I did go over all promotions and praise my out of town recruiter but I didn't do "training" on recruiting.

Now I do and one recruited in February and other has an interview set up with her possible recruit and me for tomorrow.

The difference? I have been training on the new program and how it will give them an immediate increase in pay. HO's decision to change it so that consultants get something (more than catalogs) with their very first recruit is HUGE. Now they see that it is worth their effort to share and they also aren't as afraid about losing business. They still need to add to their show schedule and are working on that in conjunction with recruiting. Actually I tell them to call their customers and find out what they can do for THEM. Then offer our other services, like the business or a show...

Thanks Beth, that is what i have been doing with my new consultants I love that they see immediate overrides with one recruit...

Thanks !

I did what Beth did...avoided talking about Recruiting. Then I saw the glazed look over eyes too! Just keep talking about it at every meeting and keep reinforcing that it is a part of our business just like selling and booking.

It has been a couple years now...remember, these are seeds you sow and even with Miracle Grow...you won't have brilliant flowers the next day or even the next week. We now make recruiting part of our initial training and it is paying off.

We may not have consistent recruiting every month, but within the last month or two we have had some explosions. Last month we added 5 new members to our team. I had one and the rest was from the downline!

Just keep at it and like we tell our consultants...never give up!

baychef said:
I did what Beth did...avoided talking about Recruiting. Then I saw the glazed look over eyes too! Just keep talking about it at every meeting and keep reinforcing that it is a part of our business just like selling and booking.

It has been a couple years now...remember, these are seeds you sow and even with Miracle Grow...you won't have brilliant flowers the next day or even the next week. We now make recruiting part of our initial training and it is paying off.

We may not have consistent recruiting every month, but within the last month or two we have had some explosions. Last month we added 5 new members to our team. I had one and the rest was from the downline!

Just keep at it and like we tell our consultants...never give up!

WOW!!!!!! You go girl! Thanks for the inspiration!

For me the key has been helping them with their first show and doing the ticket game with them. I think if you help them recruit as soon as possible they see the benefit. Plus they will stick around longer and see it as "just part of the job" instead of being intimidated by the it. I also do role playing at almost every meeting showing full service check out. I think that works very well in conjuntion with the ticket game.

pckrissy said:
Ok, I am really picking your brains for ideas...my team is about 8..with 2 looking to re-active which would make 10..anyway...none of them have recruited...anyone...my team is still new(er) i feel like just as a new one comes on someone goes out...
I wanted to offer my team an incentive to recruit by June...any ideas? I have been training my new consultants with the benefits of recruiting from the start but thought maybe I would try to speed things up.
Thanks for your help!
ot-will I meet you Tuesday? Bring this to the training--

At my last meeting we did a little bit of practice. I have new girls and old who want to recruit but are unsure on the words to use. I gave out hand outs, pointed out items on CC corner and that didn't see to work very well. At our meeting we practiced telling their story. I had them tell me their why and I made up a quick on the spot "story" for them to tell , it seemed to make it easier for two of them. I also will call their home or cell phone and leave a message that I would leave if I was calling a recruit lead or to inform someone of the new promo.
I also let them know that each one of them bring something special to my team, and that they need to share what we do with everyone. Telling my recruits that its not about you, its about what we have to offer.
Not all of my girls have recruited, but I know if I talk the them about this when I do my calls or at my meetings they will get it, I also ask who wants to recruit and have side meetings with them. But I always do a checkin with the others who might of changed their minds.

I had someone on my team recruit! Not surprising it was my newest recruit to do the recruiting! Just one more so I can keep my directorship! (Of course I want ALL of them to recruit)

It is true though...I will just have to make it part of what is expected of them when I do the training. Easier said then done at times though. I have lots of leads myself but no takers since February.

1. How do I encourage my team members to recruit?

One way to encourage your team members to recruit is by setting a good example and being a role model for them. Show them the benefits of recruiting, such as earning extra income and building a strong team. Offer incentives or rewards for successful recruits, and provide training and support to help them feel confident in their recruiting efforts.

2. What are some effective ways to promote recruiting within my team?

There are many effective ways to promote recruiting within your team. Utilize social media and online platforms to reach a wider audience. Host recruiting events or parties to showcase the benefits of joining your team. Offer referral bonuses to current team members who successfully recruit new members. Also, make sure to communicate the importance of recruiting and the impact it can have on the success of the team.

3. How can I overcome objections to recruiting from my team members?

To overcome objections to recruiting, it's important to understand the reasons behind them. Take the time to listen to your team members' concerns and address them with empathy. Provide clear and honest information about the benefits of recruiting and address any misconceptions they may have. Offer support and guidance to help them feel more confident in their recruiting abilities.

4. What are some common mistakes to avoid when trying to get my team to recruit?

One common mistake to avoid when trying to get your team to recruit is being too pushy or aggressive. This can turn off potential recruits and may cause tension within your team. Another mistake is not providing enough support or guidance for your team members. Make sure to offer training and resources to help them succeed in their recruiting efforts.

5. How can I track the success of my team's recruiting efforts?

Tracking the success of your team's recruiting efforts can be done through various methods, such as keeping a record of new recruits and their progress, setting specific goals and tracking progress towards them, and regularly communicating with your team members to see how their recruiting efforts are going. You can also use tools like surveys or feedback forms to gather data and insights on the effectiveness of your team's recruiting strategies.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Gagescorpages
  • Buy and Sell Items
Replies
Views
amy07
  • cincychef
  • Buy and Sell Items
Replies
Views
pamperedbecky
Replies