• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Get Your Limited Edition Help Whip Cancer Apron | Chef Success Community

I talked about needing a break and how I didn't want to come back to a lot of angry emails. I emailed all my former hosts and let them know that I was having a baby in March and I wouldn't be back until the end of April. I offered to do something for them during that time. I also emailed my current hosts letting them know that I was taking a little break and would be back in May. Hi, I hope I am posting this right--still getting the hang of using chef success. Does anyone know how we are going to get the HWC apron. I love it, but am having a baby in March so I won't be doing shows in March.Thanks2 shows
pamperedchef07
Gold Member
Hi, I hope I am posting this right--still getting the hang of using chef success.
Does anyone know how we are going to get the HWC apron. I love it, but am having a baby in March so I won't be doing shows in March.
Thanks

2 shows held & submitted April 1-15 for apron.

What a bummer. I wish they would let us buy them. I wasn't doing shows until the end of April, I figured that would give me a little recovery time and bonding time after my litte one comes. Oh well.

pamperedchef07 said:
What a bummer. I wish they would let us buy them. I wasn't doing shows until the end of April, I figured that would give me a little recovery time and bonding time after my litte one comes. Oh well.

You can do catalog show's also. That is what held me through when I had my oldest DS 9 years ago.

pamperedpals said:
You can do catalog show's also. That is what held me through when I had my oldest DS 9 years ago.

Definitely! Just submit 2 catalog shows during that time!

pamperedchef07 said:

I don't want this to sound mean/harsh, but take a word of advice. You will sorely regret not doing anything for all of March and most of April. While it is the norm to take 6 weeks of maternity leave in the modern work place, we do not have that option. As the owner/janitor/HR manager/sales person/CEO of your own business, there is not anyone else to do your job when you are on 'leave'.

I always recommend lining up as many catalog shows as possible to my consultants who are going to take more than 3 weeks off. And then, if at all possible, try to do 1 show a week for the last 3 weeks of your leave. That way, you'll have a business to come back to. Too many times, I see consultants lose everything during their 'leave' and they either have to start all over again or they quit.

Again, I'm not trying to be harsh or mean. It is hard for me to convey my tone in written format.

D

Deb has great advice. Email your former hosts today, explain you are having your baby in March but don't want to lose touch with them...blah, blah, blah! Then offer something to those who do a catty show for you. Maybe have a "pool" to guess DOB of the baby etc.

Deb is very right. While bonding with baby is important, by not doing ANYTHING in that time period will be harder to recover from than you might realize. The main thing you loose is the work ethic you set up for yourself before hand. And you not only loose business at that point in time, you loose future business as well because you are not booking from those missed parties. You may be ready to go back to work in mid April but will your business be ready for you to go back too? You have to make sure it is. Even with catalog parties you can get bookings. I got sick in December of 2005 to the point of 13 days in the hospital and 9 total weeks of no walking. I asked everyone I could to help me out to "Keep my business alive" and did 5 catalog parties to keep my business going. I went from December 16 to March 26 with just catty parties. I did one regular cooking show in each of March and April. I also spent time on the phone getting things ready for my "come back". I did not know for sure when that would be but when it came time, I was ready to go on March 26th. Three months and 10 days after ending up in the hospital. I work to hard at my business and was not going to risk "waiting" for it to recover. The easiest thing to remember is this. If you do nothing during your leave with your business - nothing is what will happen to your business and it will extend far beyond your leave.

I agree with everyone else! I took a little bit of an extended vacation around the holidays (nobody booked during that time) and it was so hard to get back into things.

When I had my son 7 years ago I was determined not to lose my business while off work. He was born Jan. 10th. I done my last kitchen show Dec. 14th. I talked about needing catalog shows for the last two months before Dec. In January I turned in $5000 in catalog orders. I started back to doing shows Feb. 15th. I had incentives for each hostess to have one friend book off of her for Feb. and it was great.
That is the perfect time to make phone calls. Once they are a few months older they don't sleep as much so your phone time gets shorter.
I remember thinking after he was born how much I was getting done while sitting there nursing him or holding him. It doesn't take an extrordinary amount of time to work your biz, while you still have a biz. let the biz slip away and it is like starting over.

Everyone's advice is spot on. People love to help and the love it EVEN more when there is a baby involved :). It's also so true that you have more time when they are new and sleeping (though you'll want to sleep too). Catalog shows can be SUPER successful. Get your nurse or doctor to pass a catalog for you! Hospitals are great for sales. So many people! You'll also be there a bit over the first few weeks after baby is born.Talk to family/friend/past host/customers. Email everyone. Call them. Send flyers for the specials and THEN call them. I would also be booking the time period you want to start back NOW. Energy is more abundant now than it will be in March :).

Thanks everyone for your advice. My son is due March 4th but we shall see when he comes, as I learned with my first, they come when come when they want too. I wanted to do 1 cooking or catty show in March but haven't got any booked so far. I have three booked for April so far but I don't have the 2 between the 1-15 to get the apron. I do agree it's not good to take too much time off, but I do want to take a few weeks to recover and get adjusted. Again thanks for the advice.

So start collecting new product orders now and save them for April if you want :).

That's a good idea, I didn't even think to collect orders now and turn them in in April. Do you think people would want to wait that long for their products?

I think she meant collect now to turn in in March. That way you can still have sales in March and earn the apron. Just collect enough to turn in two catalog shows and you are good to go for the apron.

Where did you find the info about the apron, found the recipe card holder but can't find the apron??? Help please!

It was at Leadership. I posted some pics in one of the Leadership threads.

I sent out an email yesterday entitled- "I need your help". and the basis of the email was that I wanted to earn this reward (the apron) and I sent them an attachment of the apron so they could see for themselves what I was trying to acheive. I told all my past hosts that I would be doing a "free show" (meaning I would be buying the ingredients to do the show). I told them that once I got everyone on my calendar, I would put the names into a bowl and draw one name and I would notify them if they were the lucky winner. I sent this email at 5:00 PM yesterday before I left my full time job and when I got home, I checked my email and I had 4 people relpy to me that they would do a show for me to help me win this apron. (I have found that people love to help you out if you are truthful to them about what your goal is) I am so pumped about April. I have already submitted 2 shows for March and I also have another one at the end of the month. Yippee.......

Don't forget to go onto CC and select which one you want...

I LOVE the Unisex apron - Beautiful! :)

does anyone else feel like getting 2 shows in the 1st-15th seems really difficult because of easter?! sort of lost good weekend dates! hope i can get two in because i LOVE the apron!!

I had the same thought. Do you have any catty shows? I've talked those interested in catalog shows to do it at the beginning of the month and stressed a strong closing date on the 15. I'm planning on getting their host packet out the last week of March and encouraging them to pass it around the family when they are together for the holiday. I thought this would be my best bet of getting 2 shows submitted. I have one cooking show on the 4th and 2 catalog shows.

JaimeAnnR said:
does anyone else feel like getting 2 shows in the 1st-15th seems really difficult because of easter?! sort of lost good weekend dates! hope i can get two in because i LOVE the apron!!

I'm waiting to do my own show for Host & Customer Appreciation, and doing it for April instead. Plus, I have 2 Catalog Shows lined to close during the first week of April. (Both hosts want Bamboo!) April is ALWAYS a challenge for me, because of Easter, and also Spring Break. We have a special Easter Production at our Church for Easter, and that week is busy busy busy!

I had a thought. If I have a cooking show on the 26th, could I close it on the first...? or does it need to take place in April as well?

JaimeAnnR said:
I had a thought. If I have a cooking show on the 26th, could I close it on the first...? or does it need to take place in April as well?

A Cooking Show has to be dated for the month that it's held. If you close it on the first of April, it's still a March show, so doesn't count for an April promo.

JaimeAnnR said:

For the promo for the aprons, the shows must be held and submitted April 1-15. So they both have to be April shows.

It seems for me lately that most of my shows are happening after the 15th and haven't been able to get out of that habbit and then after I get started on the 15th of each month I don't stop till the last day of the month. I do 8 to 9 parties toward the last days of the month faithly but I am going to work hard on getting that apron and make sure I hit it cause I so very much want it.

christinaspc said:
It seems for me lately that most of my shows are happening after the 15th and haven't been able to get out of that habbit and then after I get started on the 15th of each month I don't stop till the last day of the month. I do 8 to 9 parties toward the last days of the month faithly but I am going to work hard on getting that apron and make sure I hit it cause I so very much want it.

You know what helped me with that?

I started using sticky notes on my calendar. I only mark the days I have open on the first two weeks of the month. That leads their eyes to the top of my calendar instead of the bottom. It completely turned my calendar around since I started doing that over a year ago!

What is the "Get Your Limited Edition Help Whip Cancer Apron"?

The "Get Your Limited Edition Help Whip Cancer Apron" is a special apron designed by Pampered Chef to help raise awareness and funds for breast cancer research. It is available for a limited time only and a portion of the proceeds will be donated to the American Cancer Society.

How much does the apron cost?

The apron is currently priced at $29.00 and can be purchased through the Pampered Chef website or through a Pampered Chef consultant.

Can I personalize the apron?

Yes, the apron can be personalized with a name or message of your choice for an additional fee. This option is available through the Pampered Chef website.

What size is the apron?

The apron measures 32 inches in length and 26 inches in width, making it a one-size-fits-all for adults.

How much of the proceeds from the apron will be donated to the American Cancer Society?

For every apron sold, $6.00 will be donated to the American Cancer Society to support their breast cancer research and awareness efforts.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• pampered1224
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
iluvmygarlicpress
  • talkintrac
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
PWoods
  • Flamingo