• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Get Ready for Christmas: 6 Months Until the Most Wonderful Time of the Year!

In summary, Rebecca's daughter reminded her that Christmas is only 6 months away. Rebecca is excited for Christmas and is already starting to shop.
dianevill
Gold Member
Just thought you'd all be pleased to be reminded that Christmas is only 6 months away from today:eek: ! My daughter just "reminded me".:D

lol that was actually one of my first thoughts when i realized the date today:)
i cant wait:D :D :D :D
yes im crazy but i love christmas and this year will be so much fun wwith a 2 yr old:D

:eek: :eek: :eek: ughhhhhh!!!!!!!!! no way! Swear it was just yesterday! My daughter said something to me yesterday about how long ago Christmas was! And I thought, "oh, what it would be like to be young again!"
It's always just a hard time for us cause my hubby's work sometimes slows down during that time! I need to learn how to save my money better and things wouldn't be as tough!

I have already started telling my kids well maybe you will get it for Christmas! Scary!! Also, have been thinking maybe I will start telling hosts to earn more free product for Christmas presents!

I can't believe it either! I also tell my kids maybe for christmas too. I gotta start kickin' it up if I want to go crazy this year ;) This is our first house and I want to decorate it! Now I am getting excited :0 It's not even fall! See what you did :)

MissChef said:
:eek: :eek: :eek: ughhhhhh!!!!!!!!! no way! Swear it was just yesterday! My daughter said something to me yesterday about how long ago Christmas was! And I thought, "oh, what it would be like to be young again!"
OMG, I totally feel the same way! Didn't life seem to stand still when you were younger? I swore it took alife time to reach age 18! Now each year goes by faster than the year before:( ! I cannot 1/2 the year is already gone!:eek:

My oldest DS's birthday is July 3rd, so right now he is focused on what he wants for his birthday (he'll be 8 this year), but on July 4th he'll start talking about Christmas. At least since his birthday is in the middle of the year, I only hear about one list at a time. AND anything he doesn't get for his birthday can be a Christmas present and vice versa!

tpchefrebecca said:
I can't believe it either! I also tell my kids maybe for christmas too. I gotta start kickin' it up if I want to go crazy this year ;) This is our first house and I want to decorate it! Now I am getting excited :0 It's not even fall! See what you did :)

HIJACK...

Rebecca, thought of you today when I was out looking at smilies... look who I found "smilies" of...

I was in Hobby Lobby last week and they were putting Christmas decorations in the aisles for sale. Good GRIEF!
Tis the season to start promoting... fa-la-la-la-laaaa la la la la. :D

OH MY GOODNESS... that means my one year wedding Ann is almost 5 months away!!!!! WHOO!!! wow a year flies by!!

One of my favorite games to start off a show is the magic number. I tell everyone it's time to gather to get started. As they're gathering I tell them I want them to think about the number ________. Once they're mostly seated, I ask if they can tell me the significance of that number. Their answers are usually great places for planting seeds:

• Number of PC products? Nope. We actually have lots more than that.
  • Amount of money you make for a show? Nope. Company average is about $100 per show for a starting consultant, but I make more than that.

Finally, when there are no more guesses, I tell them that it's the number of shopping days left until Christmas. There are usually lots of groans, but I remind them that they can get a good start on their Christmas shopping right now. :D

I'll start using that in September.

Oh I like that Rae! think I'll be borrowing that idea!:D

Yikes... time for "Christmas in July" promotions to start! Mo' Money Mo' Money! How can they get more $$$ out of us earlier and earlier???

Don't remind me! I cannot believe how fast this year has flown by.

I shared this news with The Furry Guy yesterday, and he stuck his tongue out at me. The nerve!

I shared this news with The Furry Guy yesterday, and he stuck his tongue out at me. The nerve!

I have already begun my shopping. I am normally over half done by this point but I am a little behind this year. I need to get shopping!!!!

lol thats too funny and a much better response then i would get:eek:

I begin my Christmas shopping at the after-Christmas sales, so I have a bit of mine done. I begin a big push in October and finish up the day after Thanksgiving. I know. You don't have to tell me. I'm a weirdo. However, I'm able to relax and enjoy the holidays, so I don't mind the name-calling. ;)

raebates said:
I begin my Christmas shopping at the after-Christmas sales, so I have a bit of mine done. I begin a big push in October and finish up the day after Thanksgiving. I know. You don't have to tell me. I'm a weirdo. However, I'm able to relax and enjoy the holidays, so I don't mind the name-calling. ;)
I agree. I don't want to worry about shopping in December. I want to concentrate enjoying the holiday with my kids and husband then so the shopping is always done.

I begin my Christmas shopping at the after-Christmas sales, so I have a bit of mine done. I begin a big push in October and finish up the day after Thanksgiving. I know. You don't have to tell me. I'm a weirdo. However, I'm able to relax and enjoy the holidays, so I don't mind the name-calling.

i usually shop all year round, but since i've had the baby money has been scarce so haven't been able to :(
and i have a friend who is actually done already

and neither one of you is weird i am weird:D i deliberately go into the malls on christmas eve to feel the rush lol

diane
thanks im now running around humming christmas carols-love it:D
hubby ready to kill me lol it was 34 degrees yesterday and he was ready to shoot me lol

34 degrees:eek: Maybe I'm stupid but where in the heck are you that it's 34 degrees?:confused: :eek:

Rae & nicki25, I don't think your weird, I'm just envious! I'm a huge procrastinator and because that is the case, Christmas seems to overwhelm me, and the last thing I want to do is shop for the next year, right after Christmas!:D :rolleyes: Kind of a catch 22 cause I always wish around this time that I had started back right after Christmas! But usually I am so done with Christmas on the 26th that I can barely handle it!
I wish it wasn't so materialistic because Christmas is suppossed to be about Jesus and not so materialized! :rolleyes:

Cathy, that's 34 Celcius. (Metric system in Canada)

so.... what does that come out to here in ferinheit (sp?)..... I was thinking that it might be celcius cause I know that Canada is like that but I just couldn't help but ask!:rolleyes: :p

BTW Ann, everytime I see your posts, I always feel like your "peeking" at me, :eek: you and your fruit hat "know' everything!:D :D LOL!

<giggle> You just made my day, Cathy.

34C is about 93F.

You can get a REAL rough estimate by doubling the C, then adding 30.

[/34 degrees Maybe I'm stupid but where in the heck are you that it's 34 degrees? QUOTE]
lol sorry cathy i forgot almost everyone here is from the states
with the humidex yesterday and today feel more like 110

and its weird b/c our temp is the only the thing i state in the metric system i still prefer the "normal" way with every other measurement-inches, feet, miles
ounces, cups etc

oh and i state how many litres for our gasoline which today was $1.04/lt which i think is around $4.20 a gallon lol i'm not sure how many ltrs are in a gallon:confused: so sad :eek: :rolleyes:

About 4l to a gallon.

Dang Ann!!! :eek: You have a feakin answer for EVERYTHING!!! :eek: ;) Need a question answered, PC related or not, go find Ann! ;) How darn impressive and I'm not being a smart A** either!!! :D
You go girl!:D

This has been another useless fact from the brain of Ann. :)

(I forgot to put that on my last post.)
I'm a veritable compendium of useless knowledge.

Going for another post Ann!!! Serious though, you seem to know the answers to almost any question we have and if you don't know for sure you know where to send us to get the answer!

I also don't think your knowledge is useless!!! Very useful! Now I know I need to become obsessed with posting to get a ribbon!:eek: :D :eek: :rolleyes:

Dang Ann!!! You have a feakin answer for EVERYTHING!!! Need a question answered, PC related or not, go find Ann! How darn impressive and I'm not being a smart A** either!!!
You go girl!

ROFLMAO
i was thinking the same thing:D

ROTFL! Seriously! It's wild. she's a walking encylopedia, dictionary, thesaurasus(sp?) (get ready, she'll know how to spell it!:D ) weights and measurements and any chart you need she knows! Blows me away!:rolleyes: ;) :D :cool:

I can't take credit for the Celsius to Farenheit conversion. I googled a converson site. :)

T-H-E-S-A-U-R-U-S

chefann said:
I can't take credit for the Celsius to Farenheit conversion. I googled a converson site. :)

T-H-E-S-A-U-R-U-S

OMG!!! You are 2 freakin funny!:D You didnt need to tell us that you googled that! We would have believed that you knew! At least we can't say you're not honest!;)

How am I doing in the posting Ann? I'm trying, but I think I'm going to have to get off here, my kids sound like they are tearing my house apart upstairs!!
I just came back from a walk with my neighbor and they are wanting my attention! :eek: :rolleyes: :D :p

I feel so much better now after goofing around in this thread. (There was a mixup with open places in my cluster's rooms - I found that out AFTER I told Becky she and her group could stay with us.)

BTW- I'm probably too honest. I volunteer information when it would be in my best interest to keep quiet and let people ask for it. Like about product warrantees/problems.

You only have 126 more to go! That's only 11 per day to guarantee a 'stripper' ribbon at Conference!

[You only have 126 more to go! That's only 11 per day to guarantee a 'stripper' ribbon at Conference!/QUOTE]

guess i need alot more than that to become a "stripper"
can't be done before conference although hubby seems to think i sit here 24/7 lol:eek:

Related to Get Ready for Christmas: 6 Months Until the Most Wonderful Time of the Year!

1. When is Christmas?

Christmas falls on December 25th every year.

2. How many months are there until Christmas?

There are 6 months until Christmas starting from July 25th.

3. What are some ways to prepare for Christmas in advance?

Some ways to prepare for Christmas in advance include creating a budget, making a gift list, and starting to purchase decorations and gifts early.

4. How can I stay organized and stress-free during the holiday season?

One way to stay organized and stress-free during the holiday season is to make a schedule and plan out tasks and events in advance. You can also delegate tasks to others and prioritize self-care.

5. What are some popular Christmas dishes and recipes?

Some popular Christmas dishes and recipes include roasted turkey, mashed potatoes, stuffing, gingerbread cookies, and eggnog. You can also find many recipes online or in cookbooks for festive appetizers, main dishes, and desserts.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
raebates
  • raebates
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
raebates
  • Sheila
  • General Chat
Replies